Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Just now, Accio Lego said:

I know! First Cedric, Cho and Slughorn and now Fleur. Hopefully, we’ll be getting even more of our favorite missing characters in the waves to come (fingers crossed for Tonks and Kingsley)

And Gilderoy Lockhart with a couple of Cornish pixies (Maybe in the Advent Calendar?:wub:)

56 minutes ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

And Gilderoy Lockhart with a couple of Cornish pixies (Maybe in the Advent Calendar?:wub:)

If only. I’m sure we’ll get Lockhart sooner or later (his robes are too fabulous for Lego to pass up on for long) but I have a feeling if we got pixies in the advent calendar they’d just be bright blue nanofigs without wings. If we want proper pixies we’ll most likely have to wait for a cmf. (That being said, Lockhart probably has more outfit variations than any other teacher, who knows how many we might eventually get)

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I know! First Cedric, Cho and Slughorn and now Fleur. Hopefully, we’ll be getting even more of our favorite missing characters in the waves to come (fingers crossed for Tonks and Kingsley)

Aaaaah can you imagine Kingley's little hat in LEGO form? :grin_wub:

I agree the Yule ball wont be in the advent calendar. But there should definitely be an advent calendar this year for Harry Potter.

Don't be surprised with Lego and the Harry theme. Even some of these leaks are not really leaks but info from Lego they are letting go early

to keep the interest going. I think Bricktober is on for Japan this year. Who knows about other markets and which ones though.

4 hours ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

Tonks and Kingsley would be great. Personally, im praying for a Yule Ball Hermione

7 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Oh. My god, this forum is incredibly painful sometimes, I’m going to share a bit of information out in the open, the Yule Figures are NOT from the Advent Calendar... ??‍♂️

I don't know who this guy is, but I can confirm that he is right. The list with sets that was posted here a few week ago was partially right. 

1 hour ago, Albert with an A said:

Tonks and Kingsley would be great. Personally, im praying for a Yule Ball Hermione

Tbh, if we don’t get her with the Yule  Ball figs we’ve seen leaks for it’s probably because they’re saving her for the series 2 cmf. That dress is so iconic they have one as a display piece at the theme park. 

2 hours ago, IzzyLEGOFreak said:

Could anyone give info and/or well-guessed speculation as to what might be in an advent calendar?

I don’t think there’s been an actual confirmation of the advent calendar, let alone any specific leaks. However, as far as speculation goes... (this turned into horrendous word vomit, feel free to skip)

Lego advent calendars have 24 slots, a handful of which contain minifigures (around 6 in recent years) with the rest of the slots being filled with tiny builds. In the Star Wars calendars, the builds are mostly various vehicles (i.e. spaceships) so I’d expect to see tiny versions of the Hogwarts Express, Knight Bus, and Ford Anglia. Other possibilities are buildings (the Burrow, hagrid’s Hut, shops, sections of the castle, etc.) or tiny brick built creatures like buckbeak or the Basilisk. Plus, the City calendar often includes a husky dog behind one of the doors, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we got Hedwig on her perch or the niffler in a pile of gold.

As for minifigures, I know the City calendar recycles torsos and heads from preexisting sets (with Santa being exclusive) and while I don’t know much about the Star Wars ones, I’m pretty sure the recent ones have only advertised a single exclusive minifig each. Harry Potter doesn’t have the same pool of preexisting characters to pull from, but I can see them repeating what they did with Seamus Finnegan, and pairing a generic child head with a uniform torso (let’s be honest, if they did that with all four houses it would be a must have for everyone). Hagrid might be toeing the line on size, but I could see McGonagall being included, and and if you add Fantastic Beasts there’s another set of characters. For unique prints the Weasley sweaters are a fan favorite, particularly if they want the exclusive fig to be a version of Harry. 

7 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

If only. I’m sure we’ll get Lockhart sooner or later (his robes are too fabulous for Lego to pass up on for long) but I have a feeling if we got pixies in the advent calendar they’d just be bright blue nanofigs without wings. If we want proper pixies we’ll most likely have to wait for a cmf. (That being said, Lockhart probably has more outfit variations than any other teacher, who knows how many we might eventually get)

I have a feeling the Pixies would look best if they were molded like Baby Groot 

23 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

The face of Fleur has been leaked too.

And the face is different that the face of the girl in Toy story.

That is just speculation though

I'm actually much more excited this time around, I might as well just end up just buying everything HP I missed from last year out of excitement lol.

1 hour ago, Black Numenorean said:

The face of Fleur has been leaked too.

And the face is different that the face of the girl in Toy story.

You mean the freckled one that leaked a couple of weeks ago? That can‘t be it since Fleur doesn‘t have freckles either :grin:  

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

You mean the freckled one that leaked a couple of weeks ago? That can‘t be it since Fleur doesn‘t have freckles either :grin:  

no just a picture from legogo yesterday

Could it be possible some of the advent calendar builds will be microscale models of builds missing in the UCS model, such as Quidditch Pitch, forbidden forest, and parts of Hogsmede?

I'm just so hyped about how much content from GoF we are getting because it's my favorite movie, the First Task, the Graveyard, Yule Ball, it's literally everything I could possibly ask for. So many good minifig possibilities as well.  The mermaids would of have been nice but you can't have everything. Hopefully we get a cool egg mold. 

Edited by RODDY

Just now, RODDY said:

I'm just so hyped about how much content from GoF because it's my favorite movie we are getting, the First Task, the Graveyard, Yule Ball, it's literally everything I could possibly ask for. So many good minifig possibilities as well.  The mermaids would of have been nice but you can't have everything. 

I wouldn’t get your hopes up about the graveyard 1) it’s an unconfirmed set and 2) it’s also unconfirmed that if it is coming whether it’s from Fantastic Beasts or Harry Potter, it is actually more likely to be FB than HP

16 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I wouldn’t get your hopes up about the graveyard 1) it’s an unconfirmed set and 2) it’s also unconfirmed that if it is coming whether it’s from Fantastic Beasts or Harry Potter, it is actually more likely to be FB than HP

Wasn't that rumor started by stonewars.de? Those guys are pretty reliable and predicted a bunch of Star Wars sets. If it's real I also doubt it's from FB because I don't think they would release just one set from that film or release sets during an FB off year.  And the GoF graveyard is way more iconic and would sell alot more. Another thing pointing to it is the Cedric minifig. I think they separated him on purpose so they can do the set without him due to the graphic nature of the scene yet still be complete. 

There is no graveyard set for HP this year and all the sets for 2019 are Harry Potter. 

I suppose they got that confused with Hidden Side. 

Just now, RODDY said:

Wasn't that rumor started by stonewars.de? Those guys are pretty reliable and predicted a bunch of Star Wars sets. If it's real I also doubt it's from FB because I don't think they would release just one set from that film or release sets during an FB off year.  And the GoF graveyard is way more iconic and would sell alot more. Another thing pointing to it is the Cedric minifig. I think they separated him on purpose so they can do the set without him due to the graphic nature of the scene yet still be complete. 

There are a lot of us who are reliable sources that are still unsure of its reliability, no matter what source it came from, and it is 100% more likely to be from FB than GoF due to the recentness of the film, plus it was a rather big spoiler for the film hence why it’d be kept until now to be released, they only released 1 set from CoG last year, so that argument is invalid, nothing is pointing towards it being GoF, not even the CMF Cedric

22 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I'm just so hyped about how much content from GoF we are getting because it's my favorite movie, the First Task, the Graveyard, Yule Ball, it's literally everything I could possibly ask for. So many good minifig possibilities as well.  The mermaids would of have been nice but you can't have everything. Hopefully we get a cool egg mold. 

Those are, from what I can tell and presume, all rumours/ things from the same set. if the Yule ball characters aren’t in the Hogwarts Set (which I reckon they will, I know the ball is in the great hall but I doubt lego will worry about that, and neither will kids buying) then they are in the triwizard Set and it’s the ball. If it’s not the ball, it’s either the graveyard or the first task I reckon. We won’t get both.

I think, what would be really cool, is if the watchtower Set is a building with the yule ball on the inside, but then comes with the horntail and Harry on the firebolt, as they fly around Hogwarts. Incredibly unlikely, but could be cool.