Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Just now, topiku said:

can you confirm this @TheRandomBlocker

That looks pretty accurate to what I saw and what LDD mocced up, yeah

Just now, LDDproductions said:

This confirms what the Random Blocker has told us as true. Thank you Random Blocker for helping us get this early info?! You’re defiantly a reliable source and we should not have ever doubted you!

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment, people have doubts, and if you don’t doubt then you may end up being disappointed, but I am glad that you all like the look of the sets, if you don’t mind me asking, where did you see the sketches?

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

That looks pretty accurate to what I saw and what LDD mocced up, yeah

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment, people have doubts, and if you don’t doubt then you may end up being disappointed, but I am glad that you all like the look of the sets, if you don’t mind me asking, where did you see the sketches?

I saw it on Instagram.

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Ah, nice, do you know whose page it was? I wouldn’t mind dropping them a follow

Just click on the drawing and it’ll bring you there.

14 minutes ago, LDDproductions said:

This confirms what the Random Blocker has told us as true. Thank you Random Blocker for helping us get this early info?! You’re defiantly a reliable source and we should not have ever doubted you!

The only thing that can confirm what TheRandomBlocker has told us are the official pictures, even if evidence points to leaked information being true always take them with a grain of salt untill we've seen the official pictures. That way you can't be severely disappointed

11 minutes ago, LDDproductions said:

They may have blocked you

Turns out apparently I’d blocked them ?, don’t know when or why, but unblocked and following now

I’m going to be incredibly cynical here, but it looks like someone badly copied @LDDproductions draught. It turned up remarkably soon after, and the likeness is, ahem, uncanny. Happy to be proved wrong, but it smells a bit like rat to me.

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

I’m going to be incredibly cynical here, but it looks like someone badly copied @LDDproductions draught. It turned up remarkably soon after, and the likeness is, ahem, uncanny. Happy to be proved wrong, but it smells a bit like rat to me.

LDD only did the Clocktower though, not the other sets

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

I based my MOC off the info given to us by the Random Blocker, which is what he told us. He said it was essentially a remake of the 2004 one so that’s what I tried to do, but you may be right,

I based my MOC off the info given to us by the Random Blocker, which is what he told us. He said it was essentially a remake of the 2004 one so that’s what I tried to do, but you may be right,

Oh crikey, I’m not doubting your or Random Blockers info at this point. @TheRandomBlocker but doesn’t it strike you as odd that besides the Hagrid hut, which looks like it should and not dissimilar to the mistaken MOC touted on here a lot, the other sketches are terrible/vague? Whereas the clock tower looks remarkably like what you described to LDDproductions.

1 hour ago, topiku said:

So a person on instagram who was there as well when the HP sets got shown first sent me those sketches of the sets (I can not upload them here so I uploaded them on my insta:)

can you confirm this @TheRandomBlocker

That looks like a sketch of the original 2004 set tbh. 

However, I had that set and have a huge feeling of nostalgia for it, so I’m fine if it’s literary an update. The great hall set was kinda an update of the 2001. Would be cool if next years is an update of the Order of the Phoenix castle

1 hour ago, LDDproductions said:

I’ve just seen scotches of the new sets, and the clock tower looks exactly like mine including the tower.

Not exactly. He described it, and then confirmed it looks how it describes. I’m not saying I doubt it, I’m leaning towards the believing side. But just saying don’t get your hopes too high just incase

However, treating what TRB has said as true, kinda sucks Hagrid’s Hut isn’t fully enclosed, limits things for a large display, especially if you’re putting it in front of the castle.  Oh well, a back side would be simple to moc I imagine! And it will still look quite nice with the Whomping willow nearby

EDIT: Sorry I know we’re not supposed to quote pics, but I can’t seem to remove the Instagram link

Just now, Whovastron said:

That looks like a sketch of the original 2004 set tbh. 

Not exactly. He described it, and then confirmed it looks how it describes. I’m not saying I doubt it, I’m leaning towards the believing side. But just saying don’t get your hopes too high just incase

However, treating what TRB has said as true, kinda sucks Hagrid’s Hut isn’t fully enclosed, limits things for a large display, especially if you’re putting it in front of the castle.  Oh well, a back side would be simple to moc I imagine! And it will still look quite nice with the Whomping willow nearby

EDIT: Sorry I know we’re not supposed to quote pics, but I can’t seem to remove the Instagram link

I mean the figures match up to what he described proving him right,

I mean the figures match up to what he described proving him right,

I don’t want to start an argument, but a few things that have been confirmed were already rumoured before he came forward with info. But either way we’ll see when more leaks/official pics are out. For now let’s discuss it all anyway! :excited:

@TheRandomBlocker Do you know what the other two builds are in Triwizard set? One is a dragon, the other is the bridge part you were talking about, but do you know what the two other smaller things on the sketch are?

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

@TheRandomBlocker Do you know what the other two builds are in Triwizard set? One is a dragon, the other is the bridge part you were talking about, but do you know what the two other smaller things on the sketch are?

No bridge was mentioned, it’s a similar build to the Ragnarok arena, with small rock builds

1 hour ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

It’s modelled on PoA onwards, but it’s open backed, like Hogwarts, so there’s no opening mechanism ?, and they are connected like most Lego, with bricks ??, joking aside, it’s genuinely just built up

Thanks for the description! The thought it might be open in the back like Bag End didn’t even cross my mind, I was conditioned into thinking it follows the same design philosophy as the last three renditions :laugh_hard:

This whole time I was picturing the big Clock Tower, but we’re getting the back Clock Tower I see. Nice, I like it, it’s a nice throwback judging by the shape of the sketch

31 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

No bridge was mentioned, it’s a similar build to the Ragnarok arena, with small rock builds

You were talking about a bridge like from Whomping Willow set?