Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I'm already happy they didn't use the Golden Dragon head, it looks horrible with that studshooter!

Oh god, don't even bring that up

I think the shape of the Occamy head could work realy well. Also, there are four places in the back of the head to put in the horns. Which is better than the three on the original.

Just now, Legoniche said:

I actually think the occamy head could work on a basilisk, obviously in new colour and print 

I don’t know, the Basilisk’s snout isn’t pointed like a beak like the Horntail’s is. Plus, I really liked the feature on the 2002 head that let you have knife pieces as removable fangs - pretty integral to recreating the movie scene. 

14 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I don’t know, the Basilisk’s snout isn’t pointed like a beak like the Horntail’s is. Plus, I really liked the feature on the 2002 head that let you have knife pieces as removable fangs - pretty integral to recreating the movie scene. 

That’s true yeah- would definitely need a new mould now that you say that- we can only dream ?

5 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Dammit lego, that occamy head looks nothing like the horntail.

Thank you! It’s not even close, I don’t get how everyone is thinking it will actually look good

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Thank you! It’s not even close, I don’t get how everyone is thinking it will actually look good

I think with the right printing it could look pretty close. I think the biggest issue is the relative size (which might not be that much of a problem, but it’s hard to get a read on exactly how big the Horntail is in the movie), and the number of slots for horns (4 - which is better than the 2004 one).

Honestly if this is the piece they end up using it’s going to be dependent largely on how well the printing has been designed. I think it could go either way so I’m going to reserve judgment until I see the actual set. 

So the PoA sets are Kinght Bus and Hagrid's Hut, right? Do we know where Sirius comes in?

I'm not terribly interested in the Goblet of Fire stuff.

Just now, JVM said:

So the PoA sets are Kinght Bus and Hagrid's Hut, right? Do we know where Sirius comes in?

I'm not terribly interested in the Goblet of Fire stuff.

The Expecto Patronum set which you seem to have forgotten

So by my count, with the June wave, there should be 2 philosophers stone sets, 2 chamber of secrets sets, 4 prisoner of Azkaban sets and 2 goblet of fire sets in the new HP line, this is not including the D2C hogwarts or promotional items, minifig series of CMF series- I’m hoping the August/ September wave gives us more of these films 

5 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

So by my count, with the June wave, there should be 2 philosophers stone sets, 2 chamber of secrets sets, 4 prisoner of Azkaban sets and 2 goblet of fire sets in the new HP line, this is not including the D2C hogwarts or promotional items, minifig series of CMF series- I’m hoping the August/ September wave gives us more of these films 

Lego only takes on 2 films every year so I would expect the August sets to be PoA and GoF related too, the september wave only has the advent calendar

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Lego only takes on 2 films every year so I would expect the August sets to be PoA and GoF related too, the september wave only has the advent calendar

That’s good to hear- I’m still so curious about the build your own adventure book ?

A new pumpkin mould just leaked, I'm thinking this piece will be in the Hagrid's Hut set cause I can't really think of any other sets that would need pumpkins (including other themes that is)

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

A new pumpkin mould just leaked, I'm thinking this piece will be in the Hagrid's Hut set cause I can't really think of any other sets that would need pumpkins (including other themes that is)

It will definitely be there, but surprised we get a new mould. I assumed they would use the pumpkin-head mould :sweet: I am sure they will put it to good use in others themes/sets as well..

If they manage to pull off a decent horntail with the same mould they used on the other two fantastic beast it is impressive part usage :dwacko:Time will tell, if it was a choice between a new head mould for the horntail or the stag, Buckbeak or Fang I am glad they did it. Better to get a new animal mould than part of a animal mould :tongue:

The new pumpkin piece looks cool, about time we get a proper faceless one :thumbup: That makes it a lot easier to display without having to worry about the visibility of the face on the other side. The stud on top also makes it more versatile than the previous Scooby-Doo mould :classic:

I had to massively reduce the quality of this photo to allow me to upload it but tbh the occamy head piece should look really good as the Horntail, if it has good prints with a brown top and dk tan bottom with an nice eye print (the main thing) then it should be very good and the Horntail does have a bit of a beak shaped nose so the occamy piece is accurate and a new mould would be a waste

09ACD7EF-9F7E-41CE-B21F-257A45D56CC1.jpeg

Edited by RandomSniper109

3 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

I had to massively reduce the quality of this photo to allow me to upload it but tbh the occamy head piece should look really good as the Horntail, if it has good prints with a brown top and dk tan bottom with an nice eye print (the main thing) then it should be very good and the Horntail does have a bit of a beak shaped nose so the occamy piece is accurate and a new mould would be a waste

See, to me that looks absolutely nothing like it. The snout is way too different. Just because the snout ends in a tiny beak like point doesn’t mean a bird head would work. The Occamy head is way too narrow in the snout and the beak is way too pronounced. It would make the Horntail look too birdlike. I’m sure they could improve it with good printing but it will still look extremely off. Plus I still say it’s way too small. I think a new mould was very much needed here. Just as much as Buckbeak. I’ll reserve final judgment until I see it but as of right now it’s not sounding very promising to me

Stan looks good, nothing super exciting but a solid minifigure. I honestly love that we’re getting all these Yule Ball minifigs. I always thought if we ever got them it would be in a CMF series but didn’t even have much hope for that so I’m very pleasantly surprised to get all these Yule Ball variants of characters

I hope hagrids hut is a bit rounded like the first version back in the days and not just a square like the last 2 :) 

EDIT: but of course I am just happy that we are getting one! 

Edited by TurboTj-DK

26 minutes ago, TurboTj-DK said:

I hope hagrids hut is a bit rounded like the first version back in the days and not just a square like the last 2 :) 

EDIT: but of course I am just happy that we are getting one! 

If I remember correctly from @TheRandomBlocker‘s report, we’re finally getting a version with both sections of the Hut, but the downside is that it’s all open in the back like the Hogwarts sections last year. I don’t know if he mentioned it it was more rounded or not