As you might have noticed, the name "Mindstorms" isn't in the Technic forum title anymore. This is because we have created a separate Mindstorms and Robotics forum.

For now this forum will focus on Mindstorms, Programmable LEGO (like Boost and WeDo) and LEGO Robotics in general. Discussion about Arduino (and similar stuff) is definitely allowed, if it has to do with creating a LEGO robot. We will not discuss other robotic platforms (maybe a bit, but it will definitely be a LEGO forum). 

I am not really sure whether to move Power Functions, Powered Up etc to the new forum as well. 

Considering PF is an integrated part of many Technic models (including official ones) which have nothing to do with robotics or Mindstorms, I hope the PF discussions stay here.

44 minutes ago, hjxbf said:

Considering PF is an integrated part of many Technic models (including official ones) which have nothing to do with robotics or Mindstorms, I hope the PF discussions stay here.

Agree.

1 hour ago, hjxbf said:

Done deal! :thumbup:

We will focus on the "Robotic" part in the new forum.

Yet another forum to add to the 20-something forums we already have... :tongue:

But seriously, this is actually great, with Boost and WeDo (which certainly aren't Technic), it makes sense to move them to their own forum :thumbup:

I'd personally prefer it If I see them come by here every so often...
Isn't there like a tag option that could be used if someone just wants to search for mindstorms within the technic forum?

4 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Yet another forum to add to the 20-something forums we already have... :tongue:

But seriously, this is actually great, with Boost and WeDo (which certainly aren't Technic), it makes sense to move them to their own forum :thumbup:

Yup, yet another forum. But if you are working with EV3, you feel a desperate need to have information gathered in a single place. A place where users are active and questions get answered. Glad you support the idea :thumbup:

3 hours ago, shadow_elenter said:

I'd personally prefer it If I see them come by here every so often...
Isn't there like a tag option that could be used if someone just wants to search for mindstorms within the technic forum?

I'm not really sure why would need to tag MOCs so you can search them in Technic, while they are simply visible in another forum. Just visit the other forum every so often and keep an eye out on the frontpage :wink: 

9 hours ago, Jim said:

I'm not really sure why would need to tag MOCs so you can search them in Technic, while they are simply visible in another forum.

With tags, would it be possible for the same thread to be visible in multiple forums ?

For instance, a PF2 discussion is relevant to both train and technic, and perhaps also to robotics forum. An interesting mechanical linkage may be of interest to both technic and robotics forums.

It would be nice if tags could make it possible.

You can search by tags.  There is an option for that in the search engine.  Tags are only good if the person creating a thread enters them.  

It may be best to visit both forums than to rely on tags.  The same way manually validating new users works better than some Captcha or software to keep out new spammer users.

7 hours ago, dr_spock said:

You can search by tags.  There is an option for that in the search engine.  Tags are only good if the person creating a thread enters them.  It may be best to visit both forums than to rely on tags.

Also, you can't follow tags, but you can follow forums :wink:

18 hours ago, iLego said:

With tags, would it be possible for the same thread to be visible in multiple forums ?

Nope, tags don't provide that kind of functionality. They are merely used to identify topics and to improve searching.

This new forum is a very good idea. Thank you.

I am very interesting in robotic, and I use as well EV3 and PF for testing.

As I did not know about this new forum, I have just posted a new topic about quadruped kinematic, here 

If you think the place of this topic is here, of course you can move it.