Not much as changed since the last post, but the hard points within the chassis have all be finalized. The final version should come together pretty quickly now. The seats and dashboard are now final.

48996647468_4195f0b831_b.jpg

Below you can see the changeover gear (tan) for the four speed gearbox. It's not flashy or groundbreaking, but as noted above, it keeps the body work how I wanted. It is easily accessed from the open hood/bonnet or under the car (when it's flying).

48997191986_5a59926a64_b.jpg

One part I do not like is the front bumper being supported by only two liftarms. It's still a little wobbly, so I will try to stiffen that up.

Edited by Thirdwigg

On 11/1/2019 at 7:54 PM, Thirdwigg said:

One part I do not like is the front bumper being supported by only two liftarms. It's still a little wobbly, so I will try to stiffen that up.

You could try these in combination with some liftarms, it will make a solid connection to the axle running inside the bumper, and you can hook up some more axle based connectors to it to stiffen it further. I never build a front bumper without these :wink:.

Entire model looks great though, reminds me of Natanael Kuipers' little pony car in terms of size and functionality. That was the most pleasing supercar build to date for me because of the size it was all packed in. And it's good to see some other body shape compared to all supercars flying about... Nice job sofar!

@Rudivdk, I think I found a good solution. Let me know what you think.

Ok, I am about done. The rear bumper and lights are final and set. The bodywork is all placed and adequately reinforced. But I keep second guessing the front headlights and the panels above them. So what's your vote? Top or bottom, or some other option?

49031753101_d3b957a556_b.jpg

Great design!

Curious to see if i will be able to fit a stepper Inside when i will build it ;)

Hugmf...if you provide us the traditionnal picture sequence of course...

@steph77 I'll get instructions up for this at some point, but the stepper will not be in version 1.0. Maybe I'll add one in later, and see if there is a good way to make it look OK. Glad you like the design.

Alright, the second offering from Thirdwigg Motors is a 2 seat sports car! Full instructions are posted on Flickr.

49309645038_4966611cd0_b.jpg

Features:

• Independent front and rear suspension
  • Flat 4 engine
  • Rear wheel drive
  • Four speed sequential transmission
  • Steering with wheel and HOG
  • Opening doors, hood, and truck

Everything open.

49309643233_c70b23ff6e_b.jpg

49309640908_db6afa3f2d_b.jpg

49310360457_dd8d238dca_b.jpg

49310146526_f97602bd32_b.jpg

I'm pleased with how this turned out, though I would have liked a shorter front overhang, but oh well.

Edited by Thirdwigg

Thats what I thought. Why would you want to do that? The car turned out pretty well, but if you take a look at the belly shot, you can really see how unnaturally short and wide your car is. You've got a really short wheelbase, and about the minimal front and back overhang already. Thats why to me this car looks like a lightweight sporty compact car, and not like a full blood sportscar with a lot of power. Kind of like the Toyota MR2 roadster (just less ugly XD).

Also, I like the headlights with the 3 1x1 round lights way better.

Thanks @Gray Gear, during the build process I came to this photo:

48957847733_26d06f39e1_c.jpg

To me, the bottom WIP version had the most correct proportions, but I could not get headlights into this version without lengthening the front which is what ended up happening. But I think you are right, the car is very wide for the length and wheelbase, so the front overhang really only matters in the side view. 

I agree, the 3 1x1 round headlights looked great, but it made for a chunky final look, and raised the hood too much. Maybe I'll revisit it...