Sign in to follow this  
Corrado

[MOC] Ariel Nomad with Buwizz review

Today I want to show you my newest and fastest ever car. Ariel Nomad British light weight car based on twin brother Ariel Atom - one of the fastest road cars.

Nomad like buggy cars have only rear wheel drive.

During construction I recived also BuWizz brick for review . I decided to put it in the vehicle and show the diffrence between Power Function and BuWizz when presenting new model.

It allowed to increase its power and simultaneous weight loss.

Technical data: 
-Lenght 29cm 
-Width 18cm 
-Height 13cm 
-Weight 810g (Buwizz) 
-2x XL motors 
-1x Servomotor 
-1x Extension cable 
-Buwizz or small BatteryBox + IR tower 

In my car, I tried to reproduce the best possible vehicle mechanical construction. It has a independent suspension which on the driven rear axle turned to be a quite a challange in medium size scale. In my model I dont use differential to bulid drivetrain. Power is transmitted directly with a ratio 3:1 from two XL motors. Despite small size of BuWizz I failed to put fake engine, but I am happy with weight of car because it was possible to have weight under one kilogram. 

For me, Buwizz is the most practical third party controling brick. It offers everything in one practical case. My only small objection is the inability to use gaming pad to steering but I think that it will be possible in the future. 

Some photos:

IMG_20180909_173225

IMG_20180909_172901IMG_20180909_172949IMG_20180909_172930IMG_20180909_173009

Flickr for more: https://www.flickr.com/photos/142980798@N05/sets/72157673238594798/with/29638046247/

I am also invite you to see trailer:

If you like this Subscribe me with notification. Enjoy!

Edited by Corrado

Nice little and recognisable car. Any damage after driving on gravel?

Oh ant those wobbling wheels :wacko:

Really nice replica of real car, the mainframe.

Is there some closer picture of rear axle. I see, that swingarms are pretty low at the wheel (5L distance top-bottom). Why? 

Setup like this (with small turntables for hubs), allowed me to make rear chassis narrower

24L_axle.PNG

On 9/14/2018 at 9:21 AM, zux said:

Nice little and recognisable car. Any damage after driving on gravel?

Oh ant those wobbling wheels :wacko:

Thank you. Yes litlle damage in driving axels. That because i want to get 4 studs high rear suspension, now I have better ideas for this part of a car. 

On 9/14/2018 at 10:00 AM, Jurss said:

Really nice replica of real car, the mainframe.

Is there some closer picture of rear axle. I see, that swingarms are pretty low at the wheel (5L distance top-bottom). Why? 

Setup like this (with small turntables for hubs), allowed me to make rear chassis narrower

Thank you too. I dont have one jet but if you want I can do it. High of swingarms are 4 studs high. I do it like for better reconstruction of a car. 3 studs high it's a bit to little for this model in this scale. Yes, I agree. Small turnables are good for suspension. 

Edited by Corrado

16 hours ago, Oskar said:

Hi, awesome performance! I love how suspension work. Can you do instructions for this?

Thanks but unfortunately no...

10 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

really an amazing car...love the speed this baby can do !!

Thank you!