Sign in to follow this  
kodlovag

[MOC] Road Repair Truck with custom electronics

This truck was inspired by @AllanSmith's  traffic control trailer. I really wanted this flashing arrow for the roadworks in my city, so I decided to recreate it. However I preferred to have it on a truck instead on a trailer. And this is the result.

30296776418_3bf2ae09c5_b.jpg

The solution is based on the good old 9V battery box. The truck is built around it. The lights are powered by a 9V - PF converter cable cut to half and soldered to the custom PCB. The cable can be attached at any orientation to the battery box, which means both polarities are accepted by the electronics. Changing the polarity is changing the arrow direction. The blinking frequency is about 1.5 sec. See more in the Flickr album.

30296776758_aa8ffaa1c2_b.jpg

Some more pictures

30296776668_2f1b5eac5e_b.jpg

30296776468_bf7f294aa6_b.jpg

And a short video

Edited by kodlovag

Hi, great looking truck :wink:. My one was originally on a 6 wide truck but since I have gone the Speed Champions way my trucks are now 8 wide so I made it into a trailer.

traffictruck0002.jpg

Side on view and rear view following mower tractor. One ' X ' pattern, one ' <- ' pattern.

what an awesome looking truck!

you would not know there are electrics in it except for the huge blinking arrow :P 

Very nice truck :thumbup:

Some elements on its front must be inspired on the arctic 60035 truck i supose. Well, it works great in yellow and gives it a sturdy look. Might try one like it myself someday, although i'm not such an electronics wizard :laugh:

Thank you for commenting.

21 hours ago, antp said:

Nice little truck, well done :)

That reminds me the set https://brickset.com/sets/6481-1/Construction-Crew

edit: and congratulation to AllanSmith for the original trailer ;)

I had that set, when I was a child, and really liked it.

20 hours ago, AE bricks said:

Very nice truck :thumbup:

Some elements on its front must be inspired on the arctic 60035 truck i supose. Well, it works great in yellow and gives it a sturdy look. Might try one like it myself someday, although i'm not such an electronics wizard :laugh:

Yes, the truck was inspired by the 60035, and also by the 60083 Snow Plow, but not much left from it in the final version.