Khorne

EBRP Discussion Thread

Great map there, I love it, great work.

I've posted my character, is it alright for him to be in such a high position? He doesn't have an army but can cause trouble and conflict between nations, I just wanted to begin a sort of "tension" between the Orcland and neighboring countries as they try to attain more land.

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Posted my character, and a rather quick (for me anyways - it does look a lot longer on the forums than it did in my notepad...=P) but nice backstory. Question - is being able to infuse my weapons with ice magic too powerful or anything? I'm the only character I've seen so far that battles with magical ability as well as raw strength; just making sure I'm not breaking some taboo or something =P

~Trexxen

You added a rule about creatures that are allowed. Moc creatures it seems are not allowed, is that correct?

I know some people would hate this rule but might I suggest that if you (or someone else on your behalf) cannot build and photograph it (when pertaining to things like creature or buildings then it should not be allowed, but if you can build and photograph it, it should be.

Hmmm, I don't really know but you have a point |-/ . But if you'll have to depend on me to see if a creature is allowed or not...I don't really have a lot of pieces to build creatures :-P . Oh well, let's say they're allowed. I'll edit the rules.
I'm in, Woohoo! Is there going to be a new thread on the fourth? I don't think we can use this one...
Yes, I will open a new thread on the 4th :-) .
Sure, I'm in. I'll post my character in a couple of days, when I can get a good pic of it. Our character doesn't have to be in by Friday, does it?

TK

Nope, your character doesn't have to be in by Friday. One is free to join and leave as one pleases ;-) .
Posted my character, and a rather quick (for me anyways - it does look a lot longer on the forums than it did in my notepad...=P) but nice backstory. Question - is being able to infuse my weapons with ice magic too powerful or anything? I'm the only character I've seen so far that battles with magical ability as well as raw strength; just making sure I'm not breaking some taboo or something =P

~Trexxen

Nah, it's cool :-P .

Btw, thanks for letting me know iamded ;-) .

I have posted my character, and now also have a pre-post prepared for when the new thread is begun, explaining the Dragon Masters situation. Thanks for coming up with such a great idea KhoRne! *sweet*

I will have a picture up of my character soon. I am assuming we can also post pictures and information etc. about non-player characters that are controlled by our faction?

Dragonator

ill be selling weapons to who ever can afford them so if any one wants to buy please do so( in-game)

This looks like it will be fun. You can count me in. I'll put up a character description on the other thread later.

One thing nice about RP's it that they promote interaction with the players. Not a my character is best type attitude.

Silent Help

I have sot of a big question, can there be one more faction, a fictional faction? You know, an island right off the north coast, a faction of hell knights and savages? The bear shield could be the symbol for this faction. 8-|

Btw, thanks for letting me know iamded ;-) .

No problem. ;-)

I have sot of a big question, can there be one more faction, a fictional faction? You know, an island right off the north coast, a faction of hell knights and savages? The bear shield could be the symbol for this faction. 8-|

I'm not sure I like that idea, it wouldn't really fit in with the rest, but we'll see what other people's opinions on it are.

Another question, can we create a new character temporarily, for example:

Adym desperately needed to get through the gates, no matter the cost, so he ran as fast as he could straight through, knocking out the guard as he went past. He hadn't the time to be held up by 'laws'.

[Here's where the new character comes in.]

William was not having a good day. Of all the mornings he could have overslept, it had to be this morning, when he had been assigned a very important guard position, the city gate. It had been raining heavily the night before, and William had been drinking just as heavily, as his wife had left him for one of them fancy Crownie guys. He hurried to get himself prepared, grabbing his weapons, and rushing out the door, where he tripped over the doormat into a puddle of mud. Picking himself up, he stumbled 'round the corner, straight into an awfully uncoordinated band of bards screeching away, which did nothing to help his hangover. Hurrying along to the city gate, he realised he didn't have his sheild on him. No time to go get it, he just hoped he didn't run into any trouble. Finally he reached the gate, and the memories of how boring and tedious this job was came right back to him. Just as William was saying how this day couldn't get any worse, a strange person with a crazy arm came running to the gate, his shining fist heading straight towards Will's face.

[And that's the end of that. Hmm, I might just reuse that sometime...]

Adym started his search...

Something like that? X-D

~Peace

EDIT: A God?! Can you really be a god? I want to be a god! Dibs on Flying Spaghetti Monster! :-P Seriously though, can you really be a god? That's not very fair.

Edited by iamded

EDIT: A God?! Can you really be a god? I want to be a god! Dibs on Flying Spaghetti Monster! :-P Seriously though, can you really be a god? That's not very fair.

I agree with that, I thought the whole idea was that we were supposed to be ordinary medieval people with perhaps one unusual ability, and then plotting/having adventures with each other. Perhaps KhoRne can let us know a bit more about whether this is aloud... 8-|

Can't wait to start! X-D

I agree with that, I thought the whole idea was that we were supposed to be ordinary medieval people with perhaps one unusual ability, and then plotting/having adventures with each other. Perhaps KhoRne can let us know a bit more about whether this is aloud... 8-|

Can't wait to start! X-D

I agree too, a God is taking it WAY to far. Not to mention how powerful Belloq's made him, and the fact he can just control all Orcs and Bull Knights AND has a beast from hell and whatnot is stretching it to breaking point.

I had just posted my character. I hope it's fitting to the EB RP. I scared it might be abit out of line. Currently, i am trying to continue to write my story again. Most of the ideas are coming from the story that i had written in the past (Incomplete) :'-( Well, nevertheless, this is a great place to start with and hone my skills (writing). *sweet*

No fictional factions are allowed. Only the listed Castle theme factions are allowed. Plus, the island off the north coast is part of the Viking territory.
Another question, can we create a new character temporarily, for example:

Something like that? X-D

~Peace

Sure you can create temporary characters, they're your characters, do with them what you want.

Can't wait to start! X-D

On the god issue, NO gods are allowed. I thought I made this clear with the "don't make your character invincible rule" :-/ . Plus, I think your character is a bit overpowered. Please change it in order to participate. Sorry, man.

*EDIT* Btw, welcome to the game DNL :-) .

*EDIT* Btw, welcome to the game DNL .

I have a couple of questions:

how fast can the characters travel?

Which country on the map is from the forestmen?

Two countries have the same shield...

eb_rp_map_medium.png

Edited by DNL

I have a couple of questions:

how fast can the characters travel?

On foot it takes 2 days to cross a square and by horse (or any other mount) it will only take 1 day.
Which country on the map is from the forestmen?

Two countries have the same shield...

The 'regular' forestmen are those with the brow trim (the light green territory). The other forestmen on the map are Dark Forestmen (those in the dark green territory), their shield has a black border.

@ Pencoin: Could you please use a third person perspective? It sounds less repetitive ( *wacko* ) than 1st person :-) .

sure thing ill go edit it right now

if anyone wants to buy weapons im the man ( in-game)

I just wanted to say that if anyone needs some help to achieve something, my characters will take all jobs :-P . They're ready for hire and are most likely found at the Monkey Trouppe Inn (Q-10) ;-) . They'll be there for 2 days or so and then they'll be off again.

*EDIT*

Whose lands are centered in M-4?
Those are the lands of the Ninjas. I didn't really know what other picture I should've used for them as none of the other Ninja symbols are in circles :-/ . Edited by KhoRne

Well my Orc character is meeting the Skellie commander of Deinonychus's now, who knows what will come of that, hopefully something evil! *skull*

If any Crownie or Fright Knight wants to get embroiled in the little subplot to tie it in thats fine, theres a bit of tension between our countries.

Hooray, some interaction! *skull*

But I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to "play" one another's characters. Fortunately nothing you had Scourge say was out of character ;-)

Hooray, some interaction! *skull*

But I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to "play" one another's characters. Fortunately nothing you had Scourge say was out of character ;-)

Woops! Sorry, I'd better go edit my newest post!

EDIT: There we go, sorry about that. You only say a tiny bit in my newest part that doesn't have any effect on the situation or action. I'm new to these things, but as you said:

Hooray! Interaction! *skull*

Edited by Batbrick

I may not be familier with all the rules in this rp. But, all the ones I have been in allowed the players to play the others characters. If they asked permission of the player. Or if it was agreed upon beforehand. Because it can get slow and boring if it goes like this:

Day one:

RP player 1. Post 1

Hey, whats up!

RP player 2. Post 1

I came to see if you want to help me.

RP player 1. Post 2

Sure, did you bring the plans?

Day 2:

RP player 2. Post 2

Of course I did, what do you expect?

The small talk will kill you.

I'd like to know for sure though. So lets wait.

Also, if anyone wants to join my party or if our parties are going to pass each other shoot me a pm. I'm willing to join someone elses party if so desired.

Silent Help

Hmmm, interesting. I think you may be able to "play" the other character a tiny bit, but only have them do unimportant things to move it along. I got it wrong the first bit, but in my newest one I have Deinonychus' character only stare or say something unnecessary so I can react. Is that okay?

And I'll get my character pic up soon.

Hmmm, interesting. I think you may be able to "play" the other character a tiny bit, but only have them do unimportant things to move it along. I got it wrong the first bit, but in my newest one I have Deinonychus' character only stare or say something unnecessary so I can react. Is that okay?

And I'll get my character pic up soon.

That's okay. Every RPG I've participated in was strict "you only play your own characters". The exceptions, of course, being NPCs, also known as background or disposable characters. (Like the Skeleton Warriors with Scourge). Usually the trade-off is between slower pace and someone getting ticked off that you're doing things with their character they don't want...fair enough.

Besides, if you write too much of someone else's lines...it becomes less of a Role-Playing Game and more of a chain story. But I agree we should wait and see what the Game Master says deino2.gif

Fair enough, I'll just make you grunt and stare or something! :-P

Heres my character finally:

p1220502.jpg

And the meeting between Scourge and Fershwitz:

p1220503.jpg

p1220504.jpg

It really gets difficult when you get into alot of action and players are forced to communicate with each other. To much or not enough is bad.

I think this comes down to the game masters decision and the players wisdom.

I have bad news, my sister has the camera so until I get it back, no pictures of my character.

Silent Help