Khorne

EBRP Discussion Thread

I like one leader villain only becuase it's more bad-@ss. People always defeat villians, but if there's one evil one, just behind the scenes, maybe not seen much, but there, that's always cool. It would also give a slightly centrel plot, or there's no reason for us all to be here.

A very good point; it's all nice having our own little stories but we should try and connect them all in some way otherwise there isn't much of an interaction side to this game.

I can't seem to gather up the energy to continue my story, but I will take a moment to try to summarize some elements I was using and how I envisioned them working.

Aluvar and his party were chasing an unknown evil wizard who had managed to manipulate the council (of 5? 6? I can't remember anymore) and corrupted that mystical sort of wizard headquarters dimension I had in some of my last chapters.

Shadows and his party were tracking down the source of the skellies and found that they were being used by an unexplained evil force that had convinced one of their own to go against the humans. The head of the skellies actually appeared to be the undead son of Aluvar. I know it's all in one of those silly chapters... some battle, everyone dead, bodies left in the sudden retreat, then he awoke to find himself undead and went against the humans. In reality, the skellies aren't bad, they're just being used to cause trouble, thinking that the humans are trying to destroy them.

All of the evil forces are connected, but seperate. I did picture a major central evil to be behind all of it, but figured that we were each fighting smaller parts on the periphery of the problem.

Actually, the Black Wraith Demons guys appeared out of nowhere. It came from one of Shadow's creations and I happily took it as mine kingdom mortal enemy which is kind of related with Dragon Master Kingdom

They were intended as the direct henchmen of the unexplained evil above, but I did refer back to Aluvar having dealt with them before. I intended their boss to be something he had faced at some point, but never figured out what. Probably something as simple as a wizard gone bad.

There were a lot of odds and ends used in the Crown Castle portions of things involving skellie plots and a former attempt to kill the queen (well, she was dead-ish and the brought back towards the end of my more serious chapters). I had a few named characters either plotting or fleeing at the end.

On the lighter end, in the future a group of robot ninjas were chasing Staudie to give him his regular brain wipe. He had been built to annoy people and was doing a particularly good job, but it was never explained why. You can pretty much toss this part of things out, though my idea was to have it serve as a future manifestation of the previously believed to be defeated evil.

I don't know if any of that helps, I didn't plan ahead much, mostly just winged it.

Actually, the Black Wraith Demons guys appeared out of nowhere. It came from one of Shadow's creations and I happily took it as mine kingdom mortal enemy which is kind of related with Dragon Master Kingdom, since Master Pent borrowed the Dragon Stone from Lord Dragonator, as Lord Calvin aid his armies in Ravine Tavern, Dromindur.

I am fine with either suggestions, but I prefer the players to create a mini-evil in their kingdom to allow greater flexibility in our storyline.

Yeah, I know, I was just giving a nonsense example :tongue:

I can't seem to gather up the energy to continue my story, but I will take a moment to try to summarize some elements I was using and how I envisioned them working.

Aluvar and his party were chasing an unknown evil wizard who had managed to manipulate the council (of 5? 6? I can't remember anymore) and corrupted that mystical sort of wizard headquarters dimension I had in some of my last chapters.

Shadows and his party were tracking down the source of the skellies and found that they were being used by an unexplained evil force that had convinced one of their own to go against the humans. The head of the skellies actually appeared to be the undead son of Aluvar. I know it's all in one of those silly chapters... some battle, everyone dead, bodies left in the sudden retreat, then he awoke to find himself undead and went against the humans. In reality, the skellies aren't bad, they're just being used to cause trouble, thinking that the humans are trying to destroy them.

All of the evil forces are connected, but seperate. I did picture a major central evil to be behind all of it, but figured that we were each fighting smaller parts on the periphery of the problem.

They were intended as the direct henchmen of the unexplained evil above, but I did refer back to Aluvar having dealt with them before. I intended their boss to be something he had faced at some point, but never figured out what. Probably something as simple as a wizard gone bad.

There were a lot of odds and ends used in the Crown Castle portions of things involving skellie plots and a former attempt to kill the queen (well, she was dead-ish and the brought back towards the end of my more serious chapters). I had a few named characters either plotting or fleeing at the end.

On the lighter end, in the future a group of robot ninjas were chasing Staudie to give him his regular brain wipe. He had been built to annoy people and was doing a particularly good job, but it was never explained why. You can pretty much toss this part of things out, though my idea was to have it serve as a future manifestation of the previously believed to be defeated evil.

I don't know if any of that helps, I didn't plan ahead much, mostly just winged it.

It doesn't help much... But it does give us a clue in which direction you are heading...

My only question: Did they catch Staudie? :look:

Nvm Wrong thread. please delete

Edited by WhiteFang
Post moved from EBRP Faction Summary to discussion thread

Admiral M, it is great to see that you are eager to join, but please make sure you read up on where you canpost. You should not have posted in the faction summary thread, rather I think this was the thread you were looking for. :wink: You'll get the hang of it soon enough.

I look forward to seeing what you have to contribute. :sweet:

Wow. I just came here to find you. But it looks like you came to me. Anyway, how would I join a faction? Oh, and sorry about that :sceptic: . Here are some brickshelf pics of recent builds I have done for the roleplay on LDD(LDD isn't that great, but I don't have an apple for LDraw and I don't know of anywhere else.):

The Gasmar Bridge

The Tower (I don't know what for)

Edited by Admiral M

Wow. I just came here to find you. But it looks like you came to me. Anyway, how would I join a faction? Oh, and sorry about that :sceptic: . Here are some pics of recent builds I have done on LDD for EBRP (It sucks, but I don't have an apple for LDraw and I don't know of anywhere else.):

Welcome to EBRP. This is all about role playing involved mainly in writing and narrating from your characters' perspective. You are fine to join any kingdom which interest you. However, if there is a current dominat player involved in any of the faction that have settings such as Black Knights Kingdom, Dragon Masters Kingdom and etc. It is best to our knowledge, that we should discuss your plots with us in advance in order for our stories to integrate as one with the current players to ensure that we are aligned.

The EBRP Character thread, is the place where you create your main player and non player characters which revolved in your plot. Oh, I just noticed that you are intending to join up Black Knights Kingdom. :blush:

Do you have similar Black Knights Kingdom figure or at least its shield? In addition, Black Knights Kingdom revolved in 5 main forces. At the moment, Kaela region is garrisoned by Red Valiant Forces while the conflict zone exist currently in Southern Borders, and Black Shards Forces has been converted by the Prince of Darkness. Let me know your interest, and if you are really keen and devote to be part of this storyline. I will try and make some modificiation with my forces or add on to the existing configuration. Do share your thoughts with me. Thanks. :sweet:

Draggy, thanks for pointing out to him. I have re-solved the EBRP Faction Summary. :wink:

I plan to get around 30-40 ovoid shields from bricklink. Right now I have 1 ovoid and 2 kite shields, which is pretty pathetic for an army. I made a design plan for some spearmen (they look like pikemen) and I now have a squad of 6. I'll probably get around 30 from bricklink. They could be either the whole army, the elite of the elite, or the normal squad. I also have 2 "knights", who could be the cavalry or just be regimental leaders. I plan to get more of these, too. All my troops have blue epaulettes, and I found they are could accents to the red torso. I'll post pics of all of them as soon as I can, but the camera isn't that great and the download isn't working. Plus, I cannot put in more than 5 shots in at once, so i'll try to post links.

Commander (Michael of Darea, the one and only):

Click

Knight (I'll have 4):

Click

Soldier (I'll Have 24):

Click

Edited by Admiral M

So...the Black wraith deamons and shadow princes... the black knight armies must march again I presume? No matter. The Red Valiants of Kaela shall march south to fortify Odessa and the capital. I suppose that we shall begin recruiting men? I'll go on bricklink...

Edited by Admiral M

So...the Black wraith deamons and shadow princes... the black knight armies must march again I presume? No matter. The Red Valiants of Kaela shall march south to fortify Odessa and the capital. I suppose that we shall begin recruiting men? I'll go on bricklink...

One thing to note, you don't have to buy lots of minifigs just to build an army to show that you are particpating in EBRP. Pictures are bonus, but writing is much important, and of course, coordination among players are essential in here. :classic:

Could you give me another name instead of using Red Valiant? Explain more about what you intend to do with this force. I am likely to recommend your force under certain arrangement in order to integrate it with your plot. In addition, Red Valiant is lead under Lord Calvin Kestrel, wielder of the Shadow Spear, that has been assisting Lord Dragonator in Ravine Tavern, Dromindur attack recently.

I wasn't going to use the minifigs for an army. They were going to be eyecandy on my 6' by 9' sign that says "I PLAY EBRP!"

Anyway, if the danger is in the south and west, shouldn't kestrel's troops go there?

Oh, and check out these. I made it yesterday:

Ldd Tower

And I also improved on the bridge:

Ldd Bridge

Got any ideas on what to do with them?

Edited by Admiral M

I have a question: Do I just follow what has been going on lately, or do I make up my own... whatever you call it? I've never played an RPG before.

You can try and join in with a person's storyline, I think. Just make sure to ask them first if it's OK to do so :classic:

Or you can go along with your own plot line :classic:

I've gotta update :oh:

You can try and join in with a person's storyline, I think. Just make sure to ask them first if it's OK to do so :classic:

Or you can go along with your own plot line :classic:

I've gotta update :oh:

OK, thanks. Hm... I might join, if it's OK with them...

OK, thanks. Hm... I might join, if it's OK with them...

Nice to see you indicating your interest in EBRP. By the way, take a look at the various ongoing plots or look at its summary, even though it's not very well done. Do tell us, which faction you will like to join up so the players in charge could discuss together.

By the way, what is Zuloo doing with its camera in Siloux's territory? :tongue: Don't he know that cameras have not been invented in the medieval times?

By the way, what is Zuloo doing with its camera in Siloux's territory? :tongue: Don't he know that cameras have not been invented in the medieval times?

Eh? Somebody in my territory? With this "camera" you so speak of?

:tongue: (I don't really know what you're talking about, though :grin: )

Eh? Somebody in my territory? With this "camera" you so speak of?

:tongue: (I don't really know what you're talking about, though :grin: )

Eh, you are right! I can't seem to find it. It was there few weeks ago. :look:

Perhaps, I am seeing things. By the way, our new player has aligned himself to the Elves faction.

Nice to see you indicating your interest in EBRP. By the way, take a look at the various ongoing plots or look at its summary, even though it's not very well done. Do tell us, which faction you will like to join up so the players in charge could discuss together.

So, it's OK with you guys? Oh, and am I the only elf?

Oh, and am I aloud to make to make an army?

Edited by Dwarfinator

So, it's OK with you guys? Oh, and am I the only elf?

If memories serve me right, I believe you are the only elf so far, excluding the nature loving forestmen. Actually, there is an elf which is controlled by DNL. He has an ongoing plot but his background is still unknown. Yes, you can go ahead with that character. More information of your character such as the image and some description will be useful for the players.

Making an army? Please note that this is not really a wargame. It's more like story writing. The more characters you create, the more you have to control them within your reach. I had too many developing characters in Black Knights Kingdom, and it's kind of swamped the entire plot unless you are going to commint yourself to establish a strong lead in the faction, like what a few of us including Dragonator had done. Think about it. It's good to start small and develop your characters as it move on. We are counting the number of solders in here. We are reading the story together and weaving it to allow interaction.

I have deeplink your character's image since it's done. :classic:

If memories serve me right, I believe you are the only elf so far, excluding the nature loving forestmen. Actually, there is an elf which is controlled by DNL. He has an ongoing plot but his background is still unknown. Yes, you can go ahead with that character. More information of your character such as the image and some description will be useful for the players.

Making an army? Please note that this is not really a wargame. It's more like story writing. The more characters you create, the more you have to control them within your reach. I had too many developing characters in Black Knights Kingdom, and it's kind of swamped the entire plot unless you are going to commint yourself to establish a strong lead in the faction, like what a few of us including Dragonator had done. Think about it. It's good to start small and develop your characters as it move on. We are counting the number of solders in here. We are reading the story together and weaving it to allow interaction.

I have deeplink your character's image since it's done. :classic:

Oh, thanks. Um... has anybody made a map of the elves territory? It would be helpful.

Oh, thanks. Um... has anybody made a map of the elves territory? It would be helpful.

Take a look at the first post in the General Information. I urge you to read or glance through the 4 relating EBRP topics, located at the first post of this topic.

Khorne is the one whom do the close up regional maps and he have done a few so far. Meanwhile, you could start planning your plot and reflect your coordinates at the very start of each post to let the other players know your current location.

WhiteFang already explained things quite nicely, but I'd like to emphasize the army item once more. Don't go making armies and start wars, small scale adventures and skirmishes between characters are preferred, no nationwide conflicts, 'kay? :classic:

I plan on continuing my plot the coming weeks, we need to get this thing lively again! :tongue: I'm glad to see new people eager to play :classic: .

*EDIT* Forgot to say I took the liberty of editing your character's picture, Dwarfinator. I shrank and brightened it.

legolasbydwarfinator.jpg

I plan on continuing my plot the coming weeks, we need to get this thing lively again! :tongue: I'm glad to see new people eager to play :classic: .

I miss you, Khorne! :tongue:

I am sure the usual players will be glad to see you back again, to get things moving. Of course, some of the faction will love to see more of your map making updates for the respective faction done. :blush:

There, that's an important part of the current plot revealed :blush: . Stay tuned for more twists and intricate storylines :wink: . Here's a picture of a bunch of NPCs. What might their roll be? Who knows :tongue: ?

associates.jpg

I'll write down their bios later on.

OMG KHORNE YOUR BACK!!!

O-M-G!!

I (we) missed you!

EBRP can finally be proper again!

Whoo!

If your still intrested, I'd love to continue our adventure (Kian and Bardoc).

I won't be able to post a chapter each day like I used to, as I now have a massive project on my hands.

Also, any chance of seeing Kian in mini-fig form? You PM'd me about it a while ago, and I am intruiged.

YAY!

~A.S.

Edited by AwesomeStar