Rogue Angel

Book III - Varlyrio: Guild sign-up and Discussion

It's been a while! But I built for Varlyrio again, this time something quite different: a portrait of the characters from my story. I hope I won't be the only Varlyrian entering this important challenge :sweet: . (And for once, no backstabbing in this build :look: ).

Hi everyone! I've been browsing the forum for a while and seen some truly inspiring stuff on GoH, so decided its finally my time to join! Hereby pledging my allegiance to Varlyrio and introducing my sigfig:

53357360051_4a84a3e09c.jpgIMG_7267 by zxcv, on Flickr

Aletta Bernolfi hails from a long line of scholars and scientists. In keeping with family tradition, she is an aspiring polymath - in other words, she busies herself with such a vast array of subjects that few of her numerous projects ever reaches completion. Nonetheless, Aletta is known in Varlyrio's scholarly circles for her quick mind and endless hunger for learning.

Aletta works for her family's bookselling business but rarely concerns herself with day-to-day operations - her time is usually spent debating clients on subjects ranging from from the latest scientific treatises to Mitgardian epic poetry. This has proven an unexpected boon to business: many erudite (and extremely wealthy) patrons come for Aletta's sharp wit but rarely leave without a new volume or two.

Will try to introduce some of her family soon as well!

Also, I'm still getting the hang of both the forum and Flickr, so please bear with me if I mess something up :tongue:

Hi Stria, so cool to see you sign up for the Guilds! I really like that you built a little vig for you sigfig - very cool :-). Enjoy the time here!

Lovely vignette and introduction, @stria, those scroll ends are inspired! :wub:  Excellent backstory, I can't wait to see more of your family of bookmongerers :excited:

Finally built something again on a uni break! 

(Might write a longer story for this moc later if I find the time!)

Guess I could also throw this in for 2F though it's a bit cheery for such a forlorn and perilous coast. 

And welcome @stria! I look forward to seeing your builds and stories featuring Aletta and the Bernolfi family!