All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Cut the Kragle

COPPA and Technic Youtube creators

Thing is, I get that COPPA, a US law, applies to all content published on YouTube as that is where the company is based, where their servers are, etc, but the FTC has zero authority outside the US. So whilst they could get YT to take down videos or remove your channel completely - I struggle to see how they could enforce a $42,000 fine on someone in a different country...
  3. For anyone interested, out of curiosity, I've tried building one technic set of most of the brands that make technic sets. I'd rate the manufacturing quality of the parts as follows, Lego being 10/10: - Mould King 9/10 - Sembo 8/10 - Cada 7/10 - Lepin 5/10 - Winner 4.5/10 Anything 5/10 or less isn't good enough for moving parts to work properly. Note that I'm only talking about the quality itself - most of them chose to have much tighter pin & axle connection, which I personally really don't like, but I guess that's a design choice. For the PF system, I'd say Mould King beats Lego hands down. (sorry in case all this it too off-topic)
  4. For me the fastest and easiest solution for missing parts/prints is to find a good picture of that part on the internet, and add it to my render in the Photoshop. The final result can look great - you can tweak perspective, size, hue (and everything else) of the missing part, add shadows if needed, etc. If I use Parts Designer, it would take too much time to achieve that.
  5. ST1976

What was the last movie you watched?

The last movie I watched was alita battle angel it seemed to end oddly as if their was going to be a sequel no matter what.
  6. Reaper

[Q12 - Nanth'ri - TT] Stormtrooper patrol

Thanks! Yep, just an overhead light. I'll try using a second light next time!
  7. pooda

[MOC] Service Station

I agree. Simplicity and detail put in the same package.
  8. Even if he does, do we really need another M-ship? I'd much rather get other What If sets, from what we know so far Star Panther is definetely the one I'm the least excited about as it just doesn't really make sense to me
  9. Pchan1983

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

Exactly. In fact even a search on B&P is dangerous.
  10. LegoDW

[MOC] Service Station

I like this better then "The Corner Garage. Very nice.
  11. Terrasher

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I finally got Corner Garage back in August, but seeing as how busy I've been with work, school and other sets, I think I'll wait until I purchase the 2020 modular to open the CG and make a double addition at once to my modular city! Shelves are starting to run out, though... Hopefully we'll get pictures in about two weeks!
  12. Today
  13. desert752

[MOC] SUV Racer Mk II

Thanks for kind words! Yes, steering system has weakness, but after all it was really heavy impact. I plan to film outdoor video too. Also I plan to assemble the second one with Chinese buggy-motors to test them in real conditions.
  14. ukbajadave

Greek National Highway Road

An interesting choice of subject. Not being familiar with Greek roads is the orange box a speed camera or an emergency phone? (useful for the guy in the VW camper ) I feel sorry for the driver of that tiny red car surrounded by all those huge trucks.
  15. Tariq j

[MOC] 221B Baker Street from Sherlock (BBC)

There is so much good about this I don’t know where to start. I love the modular aspect of this and good use of SNoT for the speedy’s sign.
  16. JopieK

PAD Printer Recommendation

Believe me good printers are expensive, my sticker printer costed 16.000€. There is no free lunch.
  17. Professor Thaum

AG - Introduction and Discussion

Sorry to be late to answer... AG is paused for a time... it seems that we are not able to rerun it at the moment, so no need to sign up.
  18. I'm looking for recommendations for a reliable PAD printer that can fit on a desktop to print decals on to lego parts. I would prefere in the $500 or less range. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks
  19. Classic_Spaceman

LEGO Hidden Side 2020

I should have used a comma - I meant that the “Gloom Power Blast” elements are overused both for set and Gloombie details, and that the Gloombies have less Gloom-based diversity (e.g. Hair, wings, tentacles, extra arms, etc): The normal-to-Gloomed transformations are what sets HS apart from themes like City, though, so the reduction undermines a core element of the theme. Additionally, comparing sets from both waves that have the same number of transformations, the sets in Wave 2 have less detail. Consider Wave 1’s Juice Bar and Wave 2’s Subway Station - Both have one normal-to-Gloomed transformation (and the form of the transformation is similar), but the Juice Bar has far more detail in its Gloomed configuration than does the Subway Station (despite the Subway being larger).
  20. mscott71

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

In Toronto it's usually early January, April, July, October. Occasionally there's something like the Christmas pieces from last year that are in addition to the regular quarterly cycle. And this year the new quarter with the Halloween stuff didn't show up until almost the end of October but they stocked the BAM bin with leftover Halloween stuff from last year until then.
  21. Hod Carrier

Misadventures in Tilt

Grazie mille, Davide.
  22. "II have had one MacBook battery severely damaged by running the computer under very high CPU loads for 30-60 minutes". I have never heard of that, go to iFixit and replace your battery I would say, costs you around 100 bucks. @RoxYourBlox: problem is we don't pay for it. Maybe we should try and resurrect Bricksmith?! At least LDraw is still being actively updated.
  23. Roebuck

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

Probably, but I guess it depends on when the new parts are released! Do anyone know roughly which 4 dates we get new parts?
  24. goatman461

[R16 - Tatooine - BS] Stormtroopers - There is no hope

That front line of Rebels is just not ready for combat :D You might try some different crouching techniques, like breaking one leg off and turning the other leg around. The Vader side-scene does remind me of the Phebus & Ferb episode. Might be a little silly but I wouldn't categorically discourage using main characters. I did hate Lost Stars for that reason though.
  25. Holodoc

Help with identifying parts/sets!

You can also help yourself by identifying one special part on the picture. That's how I do it. For example go for the black 'screw' in the yellow/black construction of yours. On Bricklink choose catalog search and type "screw". You'll find the entry on place 29. Click on the link to the part and you will see that this part was in 239 sets. Oooof! But don't give up yet! The sets the part came in black are less than that number! Scroll down to the part of the list where the ones in black are shown and after a short while you'll find the right entry: 1291 Robo Riders Power Bike. from 2000. Now try yourself whith your last unkown query.
  26. Paperinik77pk

Misadventures in Tilt

Thanks @Hod Carrier for the quick and detailed answer - it seems a really hard job to make it work, nonetheless you made a great experiment. Three cars is a perfect number! I'll follow your challenge with extreme interest!!! Ciao, Davide
  1. Load more activity