8 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

New Zane face leaked from the summer sets. It looks amazing 

I love it! I wonder if all the ninjas will get that elemental “mask” print.

Zane's new face looks good, ice around his eyes really stands out. Love his robot faces much more than yellow heads. Ninjago movie one used in Legacy sets is so bad...

Finally, a face where he’s not angrily yelling - I’m even happier about the smile than I am about the ice (which is also really cool)

New titanium smile face is cool, but I hope someday they'll make a more.. relaxed human Zane face.

1 hour ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

Whoa. "he's going NRG again?" was my first thought when seeing this. Also, it seems that he's retaining his pre-March of the Oni/TLMN eyebrow. 

Eh, the new 'NRG' faces never mean anything to the show. Those eyebrows are the same he's had since Sons of Garmadon in the sets.

Maybe the face has something to do with Zane being the Ice Emperor?

Edited by GarmaFan

6 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

New titanium smile face is cool, but I hope someday they'll make a more.. relaxed human Zane face.

Eh, the new 'NRG' faces never mean anything to the show. Those eyebrows are the same he's had since Sons of Garmadon in the sets.

Maybe the face has something to do with Zane being the Ice Emperor?

Yep, that is the second thing (The Ice Emperor) that came into my mind after the first. Seems to be a very high possibility. Looking forward to seeing more of that!

And yeah, I'm glad that eyebrows is still being retained as in March of the Oni, even his titanium version has the TLMN eyebrows.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

On 2/18/2019 at 11:06 AM, Aanchir said:

And for what it's worth, the outfits the Nexo Knights wear in their battle suits are a lot LESS blatantly high-tech than their regular armor. They still have some futuristic, angular design cues and circuitry patterns just like the ordinary everyday clothing of many other Nexo Knights characters like King and Queen Halbert, but other than the helmets they appear to be a pretty ordinary, lightweight cloth material, not anything heavily armor plated.

It still, nonetheless, was more reflective of their own technology than Ninjago has been.

On 2/19/2019 at 3:13 AM, Exetrius said:

I don't see what purpose that technology could fulfill. You are still talking about what they can wear, right?

Not exclusively attire, just consistency in historical inspiration and/or technological consistency.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

On 2/18/2019 at 8:24 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

If course they should remain Ninjas, I'm just asking for their attire to complement their modern technology... 

...OR VISA VERSA.

You see, if they are instead to retain their traditional medieval garb, why not then give them technology that's as aesthetically complementary as possible? Ya know, something Clockpunk and/or DaVinci-Punk. 

Why does it even freaking matter? Snakemen, skeletons, and ghosts aren't real!

Don't change what's broken

Just now, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Why does it even freaking matter? Snakemen, skeletons, and ghosts aren't real!

I'm not desiring any form of realism from the theme, just a look that can be more easily pigeonholed into a particular preexisting subgenre.

And, come on, that's not a bad thing to desire. :def_shrug:

Personally, I don't have any problems with the ninjas suits design at all. They're pretty cool for what it is.

Though, I'm not sure whether would it made a mess design-wise but I think the suits just need some gold (could be tiny or significantly) in it as I've noticed that all of the ninjas' vehicles (excluding dragons) have golden parts/golden blades as part of their aesthetic. 

Another thing that I kinda wish to be brought back is Ranked Gi(s). I find stuffs like "Trainee rank - Dragon Xtreme rank - Zen Xtreme rank and it ends at Kimono" quite interesting. Like there's a reason for the Gi changes. I'm pretty fine with how it is now. Just thought that it would be cool to have this depth back again. :wink:

I would guess Hunted did touch this subject a bit. The four ninjas' gis are torn and damaged version of their S.O.G. gis while Lloyd & Nya's are gis for the resistance.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm not desiring any form of realism from the theme, just a look that can be more easily pigeonholed into a particular preexisting subgenre.

And, come on, that's not a bad thing to desire.

It is It's like they already have a genre they don't need to obtusely force themselves into something their not.

does anyone have any pictures of the new sets because people are talking about Zane's new face

I'm really curious to see new bad guys. Hopefully they will look unique since concept of "samurai-esque" faction has been done before (stone army, vermilion). Ice aspect should definitely make them more unique!

33 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

I'm really curious to see new bad guys. Hopefully they will look unique since concept of "samurai-esque" faction has been done before (stone army, vermilion). Ice aspect should definitely make them more unique!

Hey now don't trash talk The Vermillion. General Machia was a cool villain with just a weak death. (JK):wink:

In a serious note though I feel the elemental aspect will really help this enemy fraction. Am I wrong or is this the first time they've really done this? A single element hoard? I mean others have done spinjitzu but that's it

7 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Hey now don't trash talk The Vermillion. General Machia was a cool villain with just a weak death. (JK):wink:

In a serious note though I feel the elemental aspect will really help this enemy fraction. Am I wrong or is this the first time they've really done this? A single element hoard? I mean others have done spinjitzu but that's it

The design of Vermilion was cool, but they were basically serpentine in armor. And yes,  it’s the first time enemies have element to them, unless you cont ghosts ghostly power as element.

17 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

It is It's like they already have a genre they don't need to obtusely force themselves into something their not.

From subtheme to subtheme, they've emulated many genres, but often too loosely in my eyes. :sceptic:

8 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

The design of Vermilion was cool, but they were basically serpentine in armor. And yes,  it’s the first time enemies have element to them, unless you cont ghosts ghostly power as element.

I still can't fathom why the time twins killed her of all of them. Also i don't count Ghost power as an element as opposed to a status.

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

From subtheme to subtheme, they've emulated many genres, but often too loosely in my eyes.

They still have to be Ninjago, otherwise they'd be competing against themselves and other themes Like Chima or Nexo Knights. Also you just admitted they do emulate genres so why are you complaining?

Just now, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Also you just admitted they do emulate genres so why are you complaining?

Like I had said from the very beginning, their emulation of such is often handled much too loosely. 

44 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Like I had said from the very beginning, their emulation of such is often handled much too loosely. 

The thing is that kids don’t care about adherence to a strictly defined genre. Heck, I bet a lot of adults don’t either. They care about whether they find the sets cool, and a varied range of subject matter helps ensure that there’s always something to appeal to a wide range of preferences. For kids who like motorbikes there are motorbikes. For kids who like dragons there are dragons. For kids who like temples there are those too. Artificially imposing a single overarching genre onto a theme that so far has managed to not just survive but thrive without one seems like a move that would bring with it plenty of drawbacks with minimal benefits.

Bought a few Legacy sets and it got me thinking why did Lego only released Venomari and not other Serpentine? They might just be least popular tribe. While Hypnobrai and Fangpyre are way better ones. Is it just the production cost, or something else?

Edited by benderisgreat

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Bought a few Legacy sets and it got me thinking why did Lego only released Venomari and not other Serpentine? They might just be least popular tribe. While Hypnobrai and Fangpyre are way better ones. Is it just the production cost, or something else?

My guess is that the Venomari were considered the most representative of the Serpentine as an overall faction, due to their lime/dark green color schemes matching those of the classic Serpentine vehicles. Production cost might factor in a little as well, though—the head and headgear molds for the low-level Fangpyre and Constrictai have not been used nearly as recently as those used for the Venomari and as such it's hard to say how easily they could be put back into production.

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

The thing is that kids don’t care about adherence to a strictly defined genre. Heck, I bet a lot of adults don’t either. They care about whether they find the sets cool, and a varied range of subject matter helps ensure that there’s always something to appeal to a wide range of preferences. For kids who like motorbikes there are motorbikes. For kids who like dragons there are dragons. For kids who like temples there are those too. Artificially imposing a single overarching genre onto a theme that so far has managed to not just survive but thrive without one seems like a move that would bring with it plenty of drawbacks with minimal benefits.

I'm not asking for the theme to cut back on elements such as motorbikes, dragons, temples, and the such, nor am I suggesting that they shouldn't coexist under the same roof. As my very subjective, by-no-means superior opinion, I'd just find it much more tasteful if all those shared elements had a more overarching, genre-specific look.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

My guess is that the Venomari were considered the most representative of the Serpentine as an overall faction, due to their lime/dark green color schemes matching those of the classic Serpentine vehicles. Production cost might factor in a little as well, though—the head and headgear molds for the low-level Fangpyre and Constrictai have not been used nearly as recently as those used for the Venomari and as such it's hard to say how easily they could be put back into production.

Maybe it's mold, but they only used Lashas head in 2016, while Spitta wasn't seen since 2012. So I guess your idea with color match is the right one.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Maybe it's mold, but they only used Lashas head in 2016, while Spitta wasn't seen since 2012. So I guess your idea with color match is the right one.

Then what about Pythor? The purple wasn't in the classic sets that much. Also even if that was the case I feel like this wave overused them. They could have easily put lizaru,Acidicus, or that snake villain in the sets. All would still fit the color scheme. 

I just wish they hadn't overused them so much