I finished the Chiron last night, having built it over the evenings of roughly two weeks, so i now feel somewhat confident in giving my opinion of this set

Overall, im very happy with it, it was a very long build, over twice the partcount of any set ive previously built, and more dense then anything ive seen technic wise. The sheer heft and bulk of the thing still catches me off guard, while for instance 42000 is about as long, the Chiron absolutely dwarves it in presence. The rear half of the car feels like a near solid block of function and stucture, like i imagine the real car would be, densely packed. The build proces also feels varied, there is enough going on that you dont end up feeling like you are repeating on the left side what you've just done on the right (a problem i had with 42096)

Criticisms then, many are off course already mentioned in various reviews, I personally think there are some technical issues with the set which shouldnt be there. The sagging suspension is an issue both front and rear. The rear returns to ~4 mms of ground clearance, the front to merely ~1mm, enough to not scrape along a flat surface, not nearly enough to be deemed functional in my opinion. This is despite me using frictionless pins in both front and rear suspension where possible to enable easier rebound. Same goes for the rear spoiler, the mechanism feels heavy and i dont really get a good feel of what the normal range of motion should be when operating it with the key. The model also to me seems like it is too heavy and complex for what it looks like and does, after the "mariage" step, which feels rather forced, there is noticable sag in the middle of the resulting structure. Other design misses to me are the fact that both rubber bands are hidden deeply in the structure, meaning you would need to do a partial rebuild to replace one if it snaps, and the fact that the cut-off point after a bag/box in some cases leaves pannels hanging in mid-air. I personally used the bag/box boundaries as breaks, and this means i have an intermediate product sitting for a day which has wheel arches supported on only one side, while two simple beams would resolve that.

Overall, i remember being somewhat sceptical of the two quotes at the beginning of book one, "only the best is good enough -- lego" and "when it is comparable, it is not longer a bugatti -- etore bugatti". To me, this set was indeed not comparable to anything before, although i might have felt differently had i built 42056 or 42082 for instance, so in that respect, this set does indeed hit the bugatti mark for me. The "only the best is good enough" though... i feel like lego hasnt lived up to that for a long time. This set has so many small problems and design flaws/inefficiencies it is hard to believe this is anywhere near the best that is possible given the possibilities at the hands of TLC. This set even has a number of completely new parts designed for it, yet fails basic things like working suspension.

To dull the criticisms a bit, i am still very pleased with the set, i had a lot of fun building it, and it looks great on the shelf, but i will absolutely do a rebuild using the "pimp your bugatti" project to fix all those small problems that shouldnt be there.

Any1 has picture of all bags? I have offer to buy this set cheaper but bags 11 are missing and the stickers. I would like to check if anything else is missing.

Also is it possible to order whole bags for set from lego?

Hello, so I just got a lego Bugatti Chiron and built it but the problem is it only rocks back and forth. Did anyone else have this problem too and does anyone know what this problem is?

1 hour ago, DragonFighter said:

Hello, so I just got a lego Bugatti Chiron and built it but the problem is it only rocks back and forth. Did anyone else have this problem too and does anyone know what this problem is?

Did you check the orientation of the differentials?