Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

32 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

For 50 years of batman 66. Lego released the 66 batcave D2C.

90 years next year can we expect another large D2C set  or is the rumored Gotham PD fall under that category?

Personally i would love another large vehicle display. A 89 batwing. 

They haven't said anything for a d2c yet. The rumored PD would be like the sanctum as it is $100. 

33 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

A 89 batwing

its the 30th anniversary of Batman '89 next year (OMG 30TH!?) maybe they could do something for it?

Hold up, its the 80th anniversary of BATMAN, I reckon any D2C would be one of the most iconic batman locations, the BATCAVE, maybe with the dinosaur, the coin etc.

On 8/15/2018 at 4:32 PM, Quicksilver838 said:

I personally would rather have Hush, but Hatter has been repressented a lot more in both live action (1966 and Gotham) and animated TV series, as well as appearing in the Arkham games. Hush has also appeared in the Arkham games, as well as the LEGO Batman games, but really nothing else after that. Also Hatter has been in comics since 1943, while Hush since 2003, so I would imagine he has a bigger fanbase

I'd expect to see Hush in a later 2019 set next year because the animated version of the famous Batman: Hush storyline will be releasing. 

25 minutes ago, MakkaG15 said:

its the 30th anniversary of Batman '89 next year (OMG 30TH!?) maybe they could do something for it?

Hold up, its the 80th anniversary of BATMAN, I reckon any D2C would be one of the most iconic batman locations, the BATCAVE, maybe with the dinosaur, the coin etc.

A D2C true to form “comics” Batcave would be amazing. Nothing since the superhero revival has really lived up to the ‘06 Batcave to me. The batmobile, batboat, Arkham, and many minifigs have been greatly improved since, but all 3 we’ve had since 2012 haven’t beaten the OG for me.

1 hour ago, MakkaG15 said:

Yes 80. Thanks.

Micro batcave and Wayne manor above 

With bat 

Mobile

Wing

Bike

Boat

Bruce wayne limo

Over 5000 parts that would be special!

People must buy Batman sets like there is no tomorrow. This would be the third Batcave in 3 years. 

1 hour ago, Lionbear8 said:

Yes 80. Thanks.

Micro batcave and Wayne manor above 

With bat 

Mobile

Wing

Bike

Boat

Bruce wayne limo

Over 5000 parts that would be special!

This would be awesome, first D2C I would buy day one.

1 minute ago, Mountain Drew said:

I'm just going to say what we're all thinking. Penguin Submarine.

I indeed thought that. Discluding LBM, we haven't gotten a penguin set since 2013(if I'm not mistaken)

7 hours ago, Minecraft Architect said:

I'd expect to see Hush in a later 2019 set next year because the animated version of the famous Batman: Hush storyline will be releasing. 

I doubt it. Lego usually doesn't acknowledge the DC direct-to-video stuff (outside of their own, of course) and given that a lot of those have been R recently, gives them even less incentive to do so. Not saying I don't want Hush, but it's unlikely. Death of Superman just came out the same time as a DC wave, yet no Doomsday or anything.

21 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I doubt it. Lego usually doesn't acknowledge the DC direct-to-video stuff (outside of their own, of course) and given that a lot of those have been R recently, gives them even less incentive to do so. Not saying I don't want Hush, but it's unlikely. Death of Superman just came out the same time as a DC wave, yet no Doomsday or anything.

Well Suicide Squad was more mature themed, and we kinda got sets for them. But I guess the animated movies are 100% for teens-adults, and Suicide Squad was just mature enough that they could still sell toys.

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

People must buy Batman sets like there is no tomorrow. This would be the third Batcave in 3 years. 

Yes but in a new design - micro scale + wanye manor = great display + add some minifigures

Having a micro scale batcave would look nice on a shelf but you should also remember that LEGO is targeting most of their products at children and they would want kids to be able to use the Batcave with their other Batman sets.

10 hours ago, TheCringyGingy said:

Having a micro scale batcave would look nice on a shelf but you should also remember that LEGO is targeting most of their products at children and they would want kids to be able to use the Batcave with their other Batman sets.

You kind of have a point, seeing that Harry Potter/ Wizarding World is meant to be for preteens-adults, so it would make sense for a microscale Hogwarts, but Batman (most superheroes, really) is mostly made for children, so a big $400 Wayne Manor would be a stretch. But it would be a nice addition to my collection.

Edited by Mountain Drew

I'm suprised to see there is a rumored Batman Mech in the DC theme, considering he will have one in TLM2, as shown in the SDCC footage. 

Edited by Robert8

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

I'm suprised to see there is a rumored Batman Mech in the DC theme, considering he will have one in TLM2, as shown in the SDCC footage. 

It’s not rumoured, they released photos in time for SDCC. Actually one of the better ones and makes decent use of the Batpieces. It has Firefly with the much coveted helmet.

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The one in the TLM2 is much bigger i read before?

Maybe we get more batman vehicles in the TLM2, as discussed previously a mad max style batmobile would be special. 

Nothing wrong with more batman gear. 

Look forward to the books coming out as well for the TLM2 As it may show some projects that never got the green light. 

So many wonderful toys still with potential to be released. 

On another matter how long does lwgo have the license foe DC and Batman?

51 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

The one in the TLM2 is much bigger i read before?

Maybe we get more batman vehicles in the TLM2, as discussed previously a mad max style batmobile would be special. 

Nothing wrong with more batman gear. 

Look forward to the books coming out as well for the TLM2 As it may show some projects that never got the green light. 

So many wonderful toys still with potential to be released. 

On another matter how long does lwgo have the license foe DC and Batman?

Considering they’ve had the Harry Potter licence from WB for 17 years now, I don’t think they would be losing DC from them any time soon. The Superheroes line seems to be one that’s just gonna continue until superheroes aren’t popular anymore

Anyone know if we’re getting any Shazam or Wonder Woman 2 sets in 2019? I feel like we should get at least one set from each but I haven’t heard anything

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Anyone know if we’re getting any Shazam or Wonder Woman 2 sets in 2019? I feel like we should get at least one set from each but I haven’t heard anything

Nothing has been confirmed as of yet, but the movies are still a while away, give it time and we'll know more

14 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

It’s not rumoured, they released photos in time for SDCC. Actually one of the better ones and makes decent use of the Batpieces. It has Firefly with the much coveted helmet.

Oh I forgot about about the pics. Thanks

Just to add to your guys wishlist, I recently saw a custom Superman design by legocustoms00 on Instagram, and its excellent. And if you're wondering why I put this in this thread, he mentions that he was going to work on a Lego Ideas set, and this was going to be one of the figs included, so there is a possibility that it could be an actual set next year.

Personally, I would love an updated Superman minifig, since the newest one was first made back in 2016, and its based on the DCEU Superman instead of the comic Superman (As you can see on my profile pic)

Edited by Mountain Drew

1 hour ago, Mountain Drew said:

he mentions that he was going to work on a Lego Ideas set, and this was going to be one of the figs included, so there is a possibility that it could be an actual set next year.

Sadly this is not possible since the LEGO Ideas Guidelines mentions that even if you submitted a set based on an existing LEGO theme and it gets 10,000 supporters it still won’t be chosen to be reviewed since it’s already an existing theme. But a new Superman would be great anyway.

Edited by TheCringyGingy

This would be a fantastic figure, even acknowledging that we are currently more likely to get, I dunno, Arm Fall Off Boy than to see this one Ideas project be allowed as an exception to the "no existing theme sets" rule they have in place. I desperately want a new, more detailed comics Superman, since every other Justice Leaguer we got recently had new Rebirth looks.

1 hour ago, BaneShake said:

I desperately want a new, more detailed comics Superman, since every other Justice Leaguer we got recently had new Rebirth looks.

Thats exactly why I was so disappointed that the Superman we got in the 76096 Superman & Krypto Team-Up, seeing as it wasn't a new fig, it was just old prints and that overused hairpiece.

1 hour ago, BaneShake said:

This would be a fantastic figure, even acknowledging that we are currently more likely to get, I dunno, Arm Fall Off Boy than to see this one Ideas project be allowed as an exception to the "no existing theme sets" rule they have in place.

Well I wouldn't say that, we did already see a new Superman design in the DC Supervillains gameplay. So basically Lego has the design, and all of the pieces have already been made, AND this year is the 80th Anniversary of Superman, so I would find it more likely than ever to finally get a better comic design since the first Superman minifig way back in 2012

Plus the next wave is most likely going to be all comic-based sets, with maybe one Shazam set (if not this wave then sometime in April), so Lego has yet another great opportunity to give us some good figs.

Edited by Mountain Drew

7 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Thats exactly why I was so disappointed that the Superman we got in the 76096 Superman & Krypto Team-Up, seeing as it wasn't a new fig, it was just old prints and that overused hairpiece.

Well I wouldn't say that, we did already see a new Superman design in the DC Supervillains gameplay. So basically Lego has the design, and all of the pieces have already been made, AND this year is the 80th Anniversary of Superman, so I would find it more likely than ever to finally get a better comic design since the first Superman minifig way back in 2012

Plus the next wave is most likely going to be all comic-based sets, with maybe one Shazam set (if not this wave then sometime in April), so Lego has yet another great opportunity to give us some good figs.

The thing is, they’ve had the design for the new 52 Superman since 2014, but they’ve never updated the figure, and yet have updated batman and wonderman and a few others for both new 52 and rebirth. It’s really annoying that they refuse to update superman