Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Just now, Ashnflash said:

I specifically went to the book store to read through the panels of the Dark Knight Returns and the hairpiece really doesn't work for him there. Especially when looking at the animated movie. So don't hold your breath. 

Yeah, if anything I'd say the Stud Muffin / Professor Flitwick hair in green would be perfect for a DKR Joker!

Rebirth Supes is a wierd choice, like we get first appearance Batman and Wonder Woman, but no first appearance Superman? They would look really great together.

Jay Garrick sounds like an amazing minifig, great choice.

Now TDKR Joker is the most intriguing choice, I love his look from this storyline. The hairpiece (if it's actually his) is a good thing and a bad thing. We will finally get it in that colour (Arkham Joker custom!), but it doesn't seem like a good choice for this version of Joker.

Batmite is ok, I don't really care for him.

3 minutes ago, Cut the Kragle said:

Yeah, if anything I'd say the Stud Muffin / Professor Flitwick hair in green would be perfect for a DKR Joker!

I'd say Dog Trainer if I was making it. But anything better than that in my opinion... No one is happier than me though lol. I've been using that hairpiece for him for I don't know how long :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

I'd say Dog Trainer if I was making it. But anything better than that in my opinion... No one is happier than me though lol. I've been using that hairpiece for him for I don't know how long :laugh:

Dog trainer hair would be good for him too, but to me if you put that hair on a traditional comic joker, it might make him look a lot younger ?

10 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Dog trainer hair would be good for him too, but to me if you put that hair on a traditional comic joker, it might make him look a lot younger ?

Yeah, the DKR is meant to a much older Joker and I think the dog trainer hairpiece would make him look too youthful personally.

Think I'm gonna stick with my original choice for this version of the character. Altogether now... *I will go down with this ship...* :head_back:

example.jpg

On 10/17/2019 at 2:17 AM, Guyon2002 said:

And minus the worst things we got in the TLBM CMF's (the many variants of Batman)

Ahahaha, yeah!

Wow, besides Jay Garrick we were all completely off. He's probably the figure that I'm anticipating the most after years of seeing custom versions of him trying to get around how to make his helmet.

I really thought Lego would make an Action Comics #1 Superman to complete the First Appearance Trinity that they set up with the Batman and Wonder Woman figures. On the one hand, he's going to look really off standing next to them. But on the other hand, the Rebirth Batman that came out in the Summer sets and the Wonder Woman from the Lex Mech Takedown set from last year will now have the correct Superman to match with their own Rebirth suits.

Side-note, the Superman suit that seems to be the one that's coming in the series based on the comic reference picture that the leakers have posted is the Superman REBORN suit. The Superman REBIRTH suit is this one:

f48982c729d6dd04d2f98e99ed18cb03.png

Those last two choices though...wow. Never would I have thought we'd get any minifigures based off The Dark Knight Returns, but then again we DID get the Mutant Leader from the same story in The Lego Batman Movie sets. Now we need a TDKR Batman to really make it complete, the closest thing we have to that design is the blue Batman from the two sets that came out in 2007 for the original Batman line:

bat022.png

Bat-Mite as the final choice....who was the source that said that we'd get a "Batman foe currently not on store shelves", because that was WAY off. That hint had me hoping for Mad Hatter or The Ventriloquist and Scarface, not him. Bat-Mite isn't a Batman villain, more or less he was an overzealous pain in Batman's side in the Silver Age that tried to help him but more often than not made things worse.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

What is this Bat-Mite thing though?

Is it like a magical creature that only Batman could see or what?

Like the green alien in The Flintstones

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Nope. It is a being from the 5th dimension like Myxlplyx from Superman stories, which is a Batman fan and followed his adventures in the comics. Everyone can see him.

9 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

C'mon man, just use Google. 

Ohh I see.... I guess his accesory can be a 2x2 printed tile with a Batman comic then?

--------------------

From the others I'd say Joker is a waste of a spot because he just wearing a white suit. That doesn't need arm or leg printing. He could have been on a set or even a promo polybag or something. 

Also, I'm quite interested to see Flash's helmet

I can't imagine what accesories will Superman have

Edited by Robert8

1 minute ago, Chiaroscuro said:

Nope. It is a being from the 5th dimension like Myxlplyx from Superman stories, which is a Batman fan and followed his adventures in the comics. Everyone can see him.

Um...

Image result for batman and bat mite

To be fair though, like most comic characters there are a fair few different interpretations of him. This was just my fave and my personal head-canon. :grin:

12 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I bet you're fun at parties

1 minute ago, Cut the Kragle said:

Um...

To be fair though, like most comic characters there are a fair few different interpretations of him. This was just my fave and my personal head-canon. :grin:

It just depends. Do you prefer the cheeky little imp with dimension warping powers? Or Batman's drug fuelled hallucination? :tongue:

Um...

Image result for batman and bat mite

I was picturing him as depicted in the old Batman cartoons. But to be fair, as a 5th character, he can choose whoever can see him.

Hmm ok I googled it and LEGO already made a version of him

Image result for bat mite

But this one looks more like a kid wearing a Batman costume to me.

Here it looks more like a magical creature

I wonder what will thay do with him :look:

Edited by Robert8

14 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

He’s an imp from another dimension. 

Batman’s biggest fan. My favorite depiction of him was in the Brave and the Bold cartoon because he frequently broke the fourth wall.

so when do we see pics of these minifigs?

2 minutes ago, thatblockoguy said:

He’s an imp from another dimension. 

Batman’s biggest fan. My favorite depiction of him was in the Brave and the Bold cartoon because he frequently broke the fourth wall.

so when do we see pics of these minifigs?

Including when, during the final episode, he went out of his way to cancel the series, so that he could get a darker Batman show, technically "succeeding" with the announcement of Beware the Batman not long afterwards

That was a meta episode haha 

1 minute ago, Chiaroscuro said:

I was picturing him as depicted in the old Batman cartoons. But to be fair, as a 5th character, he can choose whoever can see him.

Yeah, I got that. I was just being playfully facetious. :tongue:

5 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

It just depends. Do you prefer the cheeky little imp with dimension warping powers? Or Batman's drug fuelled hallucination? :tongue:

*puts on geek hat* Batman wasn't actually drugged in R.I.P. Bat-Mite appeared as an extension of his back up personality - The Batman of Zu-En-Arrh - after Bruce succumbed to a psychological attack. 

9 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

But this one looks more like a kid wearing a Batman costume to me. I wonder what will thay do with him

Well....he IS an imp/elf, he's supposed to be short. That's how he's looked in every one of his major appearances (Brave and The Bold is my favorite version of him solely because he was voiced by Pee-Wee Herman himself):

latest?cb=20140316135612

latest?cb=20141119220337

AC315a.jpg?w=500&q=75

99% sure they'll go with the short legs for him, but I hope they might use the mid legs so that he gets a little more articulation. 

Edited by MisterBatfleck

6 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

But this one looks more like a kid wearing a Batman costume to me. I wonder what will thay do with him

I forgot about that. That would actually be pretty cool as a physical minifig, especially if they did a new cowl piece with the bent ear. I'd hope they'd give us mid-sized legs but I suspect they will use the short ones.

Yeah, I got that. I was just being playfully facetious. :tongue:

*puts on geek hat* Batman wasn't actually drugged in R.I.P. Bat-Mite appeared as an extension of his back up personality - The Batman of Zu-En-Arrh - after Bruce succumbed to a psychological attack. 

Aha! You're quite right! While Simon Hurt *did* drug Batman, Bat-Might himself served as a guide to Bruce in his Zurr En Arrh state

13 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Aha! You're quite right! While Simon Hurt *did* drug Batman, Bat-Might himself served as a guide to Bruce in his Zurr En Arrh state

Yeah I could have worded that better, sorry. Simon Hurt did drug Batman, I just meant that he wasn't drugged up seeing Bat-Mite.

I love Batman R.I.P. so much. I think a re-read may be overdue!

Are there actually any photos of the last 4 up anywhere yet by the way?