Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

[COR] Changing course

King's Harbour, in the office of Commander Reginald Francis.

r0bfb1g.jpg

(I noticed the hair only now...)

The Commander looked up from a map: "Epper, what is it that brings you to me?"

"Sir, I want to hand in my application for the Vice President of Operations for the Royal Society of Navigation and Discovery. I know you have trusted me with other affairs, so I trust you will hand this to the right hands in time."

PmmCrkS.jpg

"Ah my boy, what an unfortunate development. I of course respect your will to move to a more challenging and possibly prestigious position. You have done a great job with the Royal Wagonway though, and I would hate to lose such a competent man. King's Harbour still has a lot to offer for a man of your talents."

"Sir, I am thankful for your kind words, and will always remember the opportunities the Crown has given me here. I do believe I can do more though. We have great challenges ahead of us as a nation, and I wish to do my part on the frontier. Sir, we will meet again, I promise."

And with that, Wilbur Epper II. left Commander Francis, musing over what the future might bring while looking at King's Harbour under the evening sun.

erz3ANl.jpg

The application letter read as follows:

The ninth day of the sixth month, 618

King's Harbour, Cocovia

Dear Sirs and Ladies of the Royal Society Society of Navigation and Discovery,

I, Wilbur Epper II., hereby apply for the position of Vice President of Operations.

I have faithfully served the Crown on the island of Cocovia for years, with my most prominent achievement becoming the Royal Conductor of Corrington for my work on the wagonway between King's Harbour and Quinnsville. This should be proof for my ability to handle peaceful foreign relations and complicated operations, as well as forwarding construction projects in difficult terrain. I wish to apply these abilities to new fields, and to lead whereever the Crown sends me.

Long live the Queen,

Wilbur Epper II.

Edited by Drunknok

Excellent build @Drunknok, and great use of the ninjago general No 1. torso for Epper. 

Good luck getting a position in the RNSD, but I hope you don't edge out the more qualified, and much handsomer candidate, Joseph Zumbro. :tongue:

Great scene Drunknok, I especially like the window design and the (printed?) view turned out great.

I think Mr. Epper is probably the best qualified applicant so far, good luck with the position!

2 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

the (printed?) view turned out great

Thanks. It is actually a postcard with a scene from not too far away. Roughly this view at evening. I usually pass this spot when I take a medium walk. :classic:

4 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Thanks. It is actually a postcard with a scene from not too far away. Roughly this view at evening. I usually pass this spot when I take a medium walk. :classic:

The window-thingy is really clever.

Juti! :pir-grin:

I too, like the window view. 

On 6/9/2018 at 10:22 PM, Drunknok said:

ability to handle peacefuk foreign relations and complicated operations

Keep the handling of peacefuk relations to us Sea Rats :pir-murder:    :pir-laugh:

Haha I'm sorry for the poor wit but I just couldn't stop myself 

On 6/10/2018 at 4:27 AM, Mesabi said:

Excellent build @Drunknok, and great use of the ninjago general No 1. torso for Epper.

Epper is actually the guy in red. :wink:

On 6/18/2018 at 11:10 AM, Fraunces said:

Keep the handling of peacefuk relations to us Sea Rats :pir-murder:    :pir-laugh:

Haha I'm sorry for the poor wit but I just couldn't stop myself

Well, what a typo... I deserve the shame. :pir-grin: