Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

On 6/22/2018 at 9:26 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, looking at the past, the first teaser for The Lego Movie was released in mid-June of 2013 attached to the theatrical release of Man of Steel, while our first trailer came out sometime in the late fall of that year I believe.

On the other hand, the first teaser for The Lego Batman Movie was released in late March of 2016 attached to the theatrical release of Batman v. Superman, with a second teaser following-up the next week. In July of that same year, TLBM did receive its first trailer at San Diego Comic-Con (unlike TLM), with a second trailer releasing in late fall of that same year.

Do you think we'll get a special piece like the piece of resistance

On 6/22/2018 at 9:26 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, looking at the past, the first teaser for The Lego Movie was released in mid-June of 2013 attached to the theatrical release of Man of Steel, while our first trailer came out sometime in the late fall of that year I believe.

On the other hand, the first teaser for The Lego Batman Movie was released in late March of 2016 attached to the theatrical release of Batman v. Superman, with a second teaser following-up the next week. In July of that same year, TLBM did receive its first trailer at San Diego Comic-Con (unlike TLM), with a second trailer releasing in late fall of that same year.

When do you think we will get more info on the movie

6 hours ago, Gabegt16 said:

Do you think we'll get a special piece like the piece of resistance

Well, some have speculated that "The Second Part" referenced in the title may not just be referring to the fact that this is the second film in a trilogy/series, if you know what they may mean by that. :wink:

7 hours ago, Gabegt16 said:

When do you think we will get more info on the movie

What sort of information in particular would you be wondering about? :classic:

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, some have speculated that "The Second Part" referenced in the title may not just be referring to the fact that this is the second film in a trilogy/series, if you know what they may mean by that. :wink:

What sort of information in particular would you be wondering about? :classic:

What new characters will be introduced what's the movie really about

11 hours ago, Gabegt16 said:

What new characters will be introduced what's the movie really about

Pretty much everything that we officially know about the sequel can be found over at its IMDb page, including its cast list, respective characters, and plot summary:

IMDb - The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part 

As for discussion for rumors and speculation pertaining to the movie, it's better suited for these two topics instead, one more specific than the broader one:

Just now, Gabegt16 said:

Do you guys think we're getting more information at comic con 

About the sets, the movie itself, or both?

5 minutes ago, Gabegt16 said:

Both the movie and sets

If there's an exclusive figure to be given away, then I'd definitely expect to see at least one tie-in playset to be unveiled there, while at the very least a discussion panel for the movie itself should be guaranteed. As for a trailer, like I said eariler, The Lego Movie did not get one for Comic-Con, while The Lego Batman Movie did. So... :shrug_oh_well:

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

This has to be like Emmet or Lucy

Nothing too spolier-ish

I almost wonder if it will be a more of a preview figure of one that we'll see in one of the normal retail playsets anyway, kinda like the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con Superman minifigure.

1 minute ago, Dr.Cogg said:

What if it's Sweet Mayhem.

She is a minidoll, not a minifigure

And those screenshots say "minifigure"

15 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If there's an exclusive figure to be given away, then I'd definitely expect to see at least one tie-in playset to be unveiled there, while at the very least a discussion panel for the movie itself should be guaranteed. As for a trailer, like I said eariler, The Lego Movie did not get one for Comic-Con, while The Lego Batman Movie did. So... :shrug_oh_well:

15 hours ago, Robert8 said:

This has to be like Emmet or Lucy

Nothing too spolier-ish

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I almost wonder if it will be a more of a preview figure of one that we'll see in one of the normal retail playsets anyway, kinda like the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con Superman minifigure.

There was an exclusive mini doll at SDCC one year which was exactly the same as the batgirl in the super hero high sets so I hope for this scenario personally.

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

I'd love it to be Sweet Mayhem, then released again in a set.

I hope so to and to see a set picture 

Hey guys the end of this November will be the reveal time of the January CMF Series next year, can’t believe we will wait this long :grin:

I hope we get a variety of sets, including a least a couple of post apocalyptic sets ranging from very small sets to large ones. We got a TLBM minifigure pack with chief o hara in it, I hope we get a post apocalyptic mini figure [battle] pack. 

Edited by J4ck

20 hours ago, J4ck said:

Hey guys the end of this November will be the reveal time of the January CMF Series next year, can’t believe we will wait this long :grin:

I hope we get a variety of sets, including a least a couple of post apocalyptic sets ranging from very small sets to large ones. We got a TLBM minifigure pack with chief o hara in it, I hope we get a post apocalyptic mini figure [battle] pack. 

In my opinion I think that there will only be three post apocalypse sets and the rest of maybe eight are space themed and places from other planets that Emmet will probably end up on and some duplo ones with wyldstyle 

On 6/10/2018 at 2:32 AM, Gabegt16 said:

Any thoughts or opinions on Emmet non updated outfit it' going to weird getting the same figure with the same face prints and torso in new sets 

This pretty much confirms we'll get an updated Emmet minifigure

They wouldn't be promoting a minifigure we won't get

28276017217_49ba4e203d_b.jpg

Edited by Robert8

It's not bad but is going to take some time getting used to the look 

30 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

This prett much confirms we'll get an updated Emmet minifigure

They wouldn't be promoting a minifigure we won't get

28276017217_49ba4e203d_b.jpg

Edited by Gabegt16