On 5/26/2020 at 2:26 PM, eric trax said:

You can see how much work it cost to redesign the chassis. It's great that you managed to fit all these functions!

I'm most curious about how you will design the hood. I hope you won't let me down @I_Igor! : D

Current situation looks like this

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

...as you can see sloped front part of the hood resembles very well, but I need some additional slopes and yellow plates. Hope that I did not disappoint you to much.

Regards

1 minute ago, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

Looks interesting!

Thank you :classic:

Now I need some time to see what slopes and tiles I have and what I have to order to finish it. The main challenge was a part over headlights...

While waiting for parts to arrive, I have noticed that front part if previous version was to long, so I had to redesign it. M-motor is now placed vertical and I have tried to fit double wheels like on 2020 version but it looks to me it is to wide... Front drawbar would 90% be using work gear instead of linear actuator due to less space available (even rear is a bit to big)...

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

On 5/26/2020 at 2:26 PM, eric trax said:

You can see how much work it cost to redesign the chassis. It's great that you managed to fit all these functions!

I'm most curious about how you will design the hood. I hope you won't let me down @I_Igor! : D

Hood is on the way, but sorry to kept you waiting...

While waiting for parts to arrive, I have played around blood lines using official brochure for 4 series Fastrac and discovered that previous hood version was to flat at the top, so I had to figure out something different. After several  hours of trial and error I have finally made proper top line curve for hood, but have to see how to fill gaps in future....

800x1422.jpg

800x1422.jpg

Sorry for rotated images ( but my mobile phone rotation to correct position is not recognized by brick safe...

Any comments are welcome, specially from @eric trax :wink:

Edited by I_Igor

As you can see I'm still struggling with front bonnet line; hope that yellow 1 x 13 curved panels from Volvo 42114 would help me make proper lines with (mostly) Technic parts...

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

As you can see on images I have lots of yellow panels but so far I could make curved line as I wanted (slope plates look like roof; they give discontinued curve so I'm not pleased with that...)

...to be continued...

...bonnet line finally suits scaled images of real tractor, but I need to adjust black and yellow color. Main goal was to make bonnet mostly with Technic parts as you can see ...

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

This is a very good shape from the side profile, but the front with the lights falls too low compared to the original. Will you use side covers?

5 minutes ago, eric trax said:

This is a very good shape from the side profile, but the front with the lights falls too low compared to the original. Will you use side covers?

Hi Miha,

I plan to make longer front part (the one with lights), but it wold go over front chassis part (where is vertical M-motor). From side I plan to use plates to cover battery box as much as I can; keep in mind that bonnet is thinner near the cab... To get this shape I had spent dozens of hours (luckily I have all those parts in different colors so this yellow did not become loose :wacko:).

I really hope to finish bonnet in next 5 - 7 days and worm gear based front hitch... since few other projects are waiting...like smallest Unimog with new 68.7x27 tires (full manual version) or JCB loadall...or...

...one vehicle that uses both tracks and tractor tires...

Here is another version; not so curvy but proportions are much better; I'll probably make proper part over battery box with slopes 1 x 10 because actually "curvy" part is in the middle...

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x1422.jpg

Sorry for bad photo quality... :sad:

Since it turned out that proper line is very very hard to achieve without holes, I have another try but it is not finished due to missing some parts (which will arrive until mid of July). I use older bonnet as comparison with latest...any comments is appreciated...

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

On 7/13/2020 at 8:41 PM, Jundis said:

What exact type of Fastrac do you try to MOC?

4000 series ...sorry for (very) late response but I work on 5 LEGO projects at the moment...

@eric trax I think I have made the most acceptable compromise solution for bonnet. I hope for better weather tomorrow to make better photos ... I hope you like it. (To many "I" :wink:)

800x450.jpg

(My Calico cat is very often in the way...)

800x1422.jpg

800x1422.jpg

800x450.jpg

Front bonnet is just one plate height to high.

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

@eric trax I think I have made the most acceptable compromise solution for bonnet. I hope for better weather tomorrow to make better photos ... I hope you like it. (To many "I" :wink:)

Is it the final effect? I think the mask needs more slope to move, especially the grill and exterior light. Now it seems little bit flat.

It is a pity that there is such a small selection of yellow wedge bricks

The rear fenders should be a stud longer;)

4 minutes ago, eric trax said:

Is it the final effect? I think the mask needs more slope to move, especially the grill and exterior light. Now it seems little bit flat.

Middle part of bonnet is a bit to flat (when I compare it to print from manual that I have it us about 1.5mm to low in the middle)...I do not understand completely what you mean about more slope on front mask?

Rear fenders could be one stud longer (at the back) but it would end up to flat perhaps...

Thanks for tips buddy

Yes we have to limited choice with yellow slopes.

16 hours ago, eric trax said:

When I look at images that I have (tomorrow I'll look at AGCO seller who has real Fastrac 4220 for display) it looks actually as a straight line (so I'll have to use black tiles) and not curved...so I think I can cover front positioned M-motor that drives front PTO

Edited by I_Igor
Autocorrect issue

18 hours ago, eric trax said:

I think the mask is now much better

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

The cause of problem is that I can not make solution where "seat" panel and served slope plate would be on-line

800x1422.jpg

Much better Igor !! My next two suggestions:

- Place the pins and 1x4 tiles in the blue place.

- In the red place, insert the yellow wedge. It will be nicely rounded and a plate step will imitate the slope of the original hood

29119.png

a16dae559f1eeda207b804c885367552_1.jpg

Another last suggestion. Please enter the stud length I mentioned for the rear fenders here. This will not affect the fender's curvature optically.

43106c16cf7a20893fab875c9743eefa_1.jpg

Edited by eric trax

@eric trax this part https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=29120&idColor=85#T=S&C=3&O={"color":3,"loc":"HR","iconly":0}

is not on sale in Croatia, but Audi Quattro set is available so I could buy this set...

Front part to be covered with tile 1 x 4 is possible but before that I'm working on rear fender on exactly the same place that you suggested with 2 axles 3 and 2 liftarms 1 x 4 on each side...

Thanks 

I hope to find Audi tomorrow and to finish this build. I have an idea for telehandler arm with included m-motor for attachments tilting (and possible grab arm...)

I saw that you commented on my topic and it made me remember that you were working on this JCB. Glad i found your thread again because you have made great progress on this tractor :wub:

19 hours ago, Sjoemie himself said:

I saw that you commented on my topic and it made me remember that you were working on this JCB. Glad i found your thread again because you have made great progress on this tractor :wub:

Actually it is on standstill because of my work (lots lots of preparations since middle of July for new school year and complicated way for doing lessons due to pandemic situation)...but positive is that I made new chassis featuring Technic battery box and I prepare cab to be tilted forward to enable access to battery box... Still wondering where to put m-motor for rear pto...and receivers will be part of cab. Front bonnet has more space now for new (re) construction with 3 x 7 panels from Volvo loader which are on the way...

Kind regards

At a stand still for now, just like my IH 'snoopy' or 'anteater' (thread seems to be lost) but i'm sure you'll find some time and motivation in the future to work on your JCB again.

1 hour ago, Sjoemie himself said:

At a stand still for now, just like my IH 'snoopy' or 'anteater' (thread seems to be lost) but i'm sure you'll find some time and motivation in the future to work on your JCB again.

Today I made prototype for cab evolution to save some parts and I'm happy with it. The most challenging thing is hood and rear axle; 3 point hitch should not be to big...(and also the front 3ph)...

11 hours ago, Sjoemie himself said:

I suppose you mean this one...

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/158384-wip-tractor-international-6388-and-implements/

12 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Today I made prototype for cab evolution to save some parts and I'm happy with it. The most challenging thing is hood and rear axle; 3 point hitch should not be to big...(and also the front 3ph)...

So you've already found some time ?

Curious to see some pictures. I can understand that the hood and 3 point hitches are a challenge. Space is pretty limited Indeed.

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Yes! Thanks you! I could not find it with the search function or in 'my activity'. I'm glad the thread is still there including pictures..