A simple way to reinforce U-joints or use ones with cracked end bushes is to use  small "O" rings slipped over the bush. Less illegal than brass U-joints.
Works fine as long as the bush is in free space.

16 minutes ago, Doug72 said:

A simple way to reinforce U-joints or use ones with cracked end bushes is to use  small "O" rings slipped over the bush. Less illegal than brass U-joints.
Works fine as long as the bush is in free space.

Ok, but it's not the point to strengthen bushes on u-joint ends but whole thing. I don't need them on a display stand and looking at them. I need u-joints that can survive in rough terrain with extreme conditions, high stress without any special care about them. I've made it for rock crawling.

I always been looking for solutions that can suit my needs and make my toys more playable. It's all about having fun with bricks. Not about thinking if it's legal, illegal, wrong, good  or whatever.  :)

5 hours ago, Ctan said:

It's all about having fun with bricks. Not about thinking if it's legal, illegal

+1,000,000 :sweet:

Could you make a electric setup diagram with compoments? I want to use Lipo but don't know how to make connector and setup to void Receiver burning..

Hi, sorry for offtopic, if there is more suitable place please move it there.

Here is my setup, also you can find a tutorials on YT how to make a custom Lego cable. It's important to take special care about LiPo to avoid burining, explosions, short circuts etc. It can be dangerous so be warned.

Lego-LiPo-3S-scheme.jpg

Guys I know we don't talk about the dark side of the block here but it's very relevant to the topic.

https://www.lepinboard.de/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=6383

MouldKing has stolen didumos's greyhound. This is so obviously a bad thing that we don't need to go into it here.

They're offering it with aluminium alloy cardan joints. This is obviously a good thing, since the greyhound model likes to eat them as do many larger MOCs.

Screenshot_20200405-080951_Chrome.jpg

Buwizz and s brick are third party solutions better than Lego's own and they are accepted. If these became available as spares to afols for MOCing, could they ever become accepted?

Edited by amorti

Buwizz and Sbrick are stand alone developments from the idea to the shelf product, thus they are respectable, true products, which deserve the acknowledgement.

L...Mould King remains, what they were: unprincipled thieves. Each cent spent for them, supports only stealing, black market, employee misusage, environment pollution, etc.  Imagine some, who is proudly stealing toys (toys!!), what kind of personalities have, and what other activities this attitude is involved in.

Edited by agrof

As somebody who has fallen to the dark side, I have to note that L3P1N and Mould King are not the same company, and Mould King is offering better brick quality. L3P1N is now known as "King" or "Queen".

I think that if the metal universal joints would be sold seperately, it would be a great opportunity for the LEGO community as well. 

"Love the Product, not the Brand"

And whats not to love about metal universal joints?

Edited by Gray Gear

34 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

"Love the Product, not the Brand"

Sorry, but this is stupid... just think a bit about it: would you really support companies (in general), who use children labor, misuse employee and environment, just because than people in the first world can stock up luxury stuff for affordable price? Few examples: mobile phones, electronic products, toys, clothes, You name it... In return we destroy our community and living place. We all have personal responsibilities, what better times than now to realize: we must re-evaluate our consumption, preferences, behavior, empathy. 

Speaking of metal universal joints: there is several available in RC market, which can be adopted in LEGO - no reason to support pirate companies.

Your choice my dude. I dont want to modify pieces, and I doubt you will be able to easily adapt something with equal strength.

But be careful talking stuff you cant prove. Bad working conditions and enviromental pollution might be true, but child labour?I doubt that is true. I dont think you should shoot that sharp with nothing to back it up.

Also, why did TLG move production to china if they dont exploit the chinese as cheap work force? They just care about their own profit as well. Still, buying LEGO is better?

58 minutes ago, agrof said:

Sorry, but this is stupid... just think a bit about it: would you really support companies (in general), who use children labor, misuse employee and environment, just because than people in the first world can stock up luxury stuff for affordable price?

TLG moved their production to china as well, so they can exploit the chinese as a cheap work force while ramping up the in the first world. I guess you cant buy LEGO anymore :wink:

You are right about that, I don't buy LEGO for 2 years now - I only use, what I have already on hand. But it is off-topic, and I don't want to distract any further.

43 minutes ago, Dylan M said:

Buying a LEGO Brand ( original ) is not just a Hobby or Passion it's also about 

PRIDE...?

Okay I guess... Its not like it is something to be proud of *huh*

I buy bricks from China, Bricks from LEGO, I dont care, as long as quality is good and the combination of both makes my MOCs better.

Yes, I mix China Bricks and original LEGO, and I often cant even tell the difference. Who the hell cares, just have fun with building Blocks. Its a toy, not a goddamn religion :innocent:

Well this escalated quickly...

5 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Okay I guess... Its not like it is something to be proud of *huh*

I buy bricks from China, Bricks from LEGO, I dont care, as long as quality is good and the combination of both makes my MOCs better.

Yes, I mix China Bricks and original LEGO, and I often cant even tell the difference. Who the hell cares, just have fun with building Blocks. Its a toy, not a goddamn religion :innocent:

I'm in the same box. For me it's a pragmatic thing, Lego don't offer the sets I want, MOCs do but I don't have a huge Lego collection to draw on to build MOCs.

However I also understand why guys like Agrof can get upset as I know his Baja buggy design was stolen and published without his permission (and many other MOCer's designs). That's a better justification than unsupported accusations about child labour or guessing that MouldKing cause worse pollution or have worse labour conditions than Lego, when the two factories can just as well be next door - maybe even owned by the same person.

It's good to keep perspective - on both sides.

FWIW These companies are just selling me an affordable box of blocks. I'll always buy the original MOC instructions.

@agrof If your MOC was stolen, I can understand your anger. Still, if I bought any stolen MOC there is no moral conflict for me, because would only buy it for the Bricks anyways, so the stolen instructions can go straigth into the trashcan :wink:

@amorti I am not aware of that, I think You mean rather Madoca. Nonetheless, I would not be angry, as I share my MOCs for free anyway (I believe in this community and in shared knowledge), and I am more realistic about copycat companies. Sooner (likely) or later they will get what they want, it is inevitable in the age of internet. Still it is very-very sad, that MOCers like You and me are misused so disgracefully, some are even scared away from the hobby due to that. :hmpf_bad: Not to mention the big picture, as mentioned above.

My opinion relies on personal decision to be more attentive how I live (in general), what impact I do - both on environment and humans. We are sharing the opinions here to give different point of views, which I think is beneficial for all of us. We shall not forget to remember time to time: never go full retard. :grin:

Edited by agrof

@agrof I respect your lifestyle choice, but I for myself have to buy some new bicks. I just couldn't disassemble a MOC that I put months of passion and sweat into. Still, by building so slow I might end up buying less bricks than others in this community :wink:

Edited by Gray Gear

33 minutes ago, agrof said:

I think You mean rather Madoca. 

I thought I saw your class 1 buggy out there somewhere, but maybe I'm mistaken as I don't find it now in a quick search. In as far as yours inspired Didumos's and his was stolen, it's much the same I suppose.

It's not a bad plan to reduce reliance on far-eastern imports in general. I can definitely applaud that. It's tough though, as everything is made "over there" now, even original Lego.

Edited by amorti

Nice find of the u-joint! If they will be available I'll buy them asap! 

If Lego will make the same ones in normal price I'll buy from Lego. But I don't think they will do.