Sign in to follow this  
Spud The Viking

[COR-FB] Quinnsville Cannon Foundry

Medium Factory: Footprint 1024 studs in Quinsville

With more exciting prospects in Corrington, more cannons need to be made to protect Her Majesty's land and citizens.

41486844544_08f9b80b17_z.jpg

41486848054_d96c171e1f_z.jpg

28334887818_10e68ffd4d_z.jpg

28334886518_3dea55eb3e_z.jpg

40400649830_7aafd24fce_z.jpg

40400647110_6bc2845ac7_z.jpg

Workers are busy making the cannons, pouring the iron into the mould. Once this cools it is removed and the inside is hollowed. The cannon carriage is painted and assembled. Finally, wheels are brought in and put on. 

A variety of cannons are made here, ranging from 3-pounders, 12-pound howitzer to a mighty 24-pound howitzer. 

The foundry is guarded by two conscripts.

More photos:

Spoiler

40400629920_4787732f25_z.jpg

40400645930_b7949debaa_z.jpg

28334894578_a0a6ea2f57_z.jpg

12-pound howitzer:

28334898458_fa63312153_z.jpg

3-pounder:

40400632940_de38ffe744_z.jpg

Edited by Spud The Viking

Very nice build Spud! All the individual work stations are perfect and nice job on those custom cannons! Overall, a very nice addition to Quinnsville!

13 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Very nice build Spud! All the individual work stations are perfect and nice job on those custom cannons! Overall, a very nice addition to Quinnsville!

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. 

Great cannon foundry, Spud - you did a great job with the details which is definitely the name of the game on a MOC like this!  I really like that cannon design too, and showing the parts being painted red takes it to another level! :thumbup:  

35 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

Great cannon foundry, Spud - you did a great job with the details which is definitely the name of the game on a MOC like this!  I really like that cannon design too, and showing the parts being painted red takes it to another level! :thumbup:  

Thank you! It's the small details which make up any build, as you say.

Aha... you built it! :excited:

I believe Corrington now has more cannon foundries than everyone else combined... :sadnew: :innocent: :devil_laugh: :jollyroger:

Nice layout. I like the contrast of that red roof with the tan base. And all the various detailed elements really liven it up. Good job with the different cannon designs, both barrels and carriages.

The pouring method is really old, comparable to the early days of exploration. It's cool to see some variety in that regard. :thumbup:

The lone off-color roof piece is somewhat distracting, and I think the fence would look more balanced with a lantern on each section, but otherwise it looks good. Keep it up. :cannon: :classic:

On 5/20/2018 at 2:30 AM, Captain Dee said:

Aha... you built it! :excited:

I believe Corrington now has more cannon foundries than everyone else combined... :sadnew: :innocent: :devil_laugh: :jollyroger:

Nice layout. I like the contrast of that red roof with the tan base. And all the various detailed elements really liven it up. Good job with the different cannon designs, both barrels and carriages.

The pouring method is really old, comparable to the early days of exploration. It's cool to see some variety in that regard. :thumbup:

The lone off-color roof piece is somewhat distracting, and I think the fence would look more balanced with a lantern on each section, but otherwise it looks good. Keep it up. :cannon: :classic:

Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep it in mind :thumbup:

13 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Quite good. Experts are at work!

Thanks!

Aye, a great build! I love the depiction of all the workplaces and just how much there is going on in general. The choice of faces and minifig posing is perfect. I also appreciate the close-ups on the cannon/howitzer builds, some interesting ideas!

Well done! :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Drunknok said:

Aye, a great build! I love the depiction of all the workplaces and just how much there is going on in general. The choice of faces and minifig posing is perfect. I also appreciate the close-ups on the cannon/howitzer builds, some interesting ideas!

Well done! :thumbup:

Thanks Drunknok! The cannons are a mish-mash of stuff I've seen and my own work, glad you appreciate them.

Nice build, I like how you've depicted the manufacture process of different guns, and I like that roof.