Trekkie99

[WIP] [MOC] "Midiopolis" [Midiscale Modulars]

Haven't been building much lately, but I did throw this little fire truck together. I'm currently fiddling with an ambulance design. :classic:

42344377732_f387f0bd54_z.jpg

40585523640_dea5f9f0dc_z.jpg

42344386462_e0b62fb375_z.jpg

42344382412_a2866b9603_z.jpg

42344395872_2367909194_z.jpg

42344392562_a5346b0501_z.jpg

Cheers! :sweet:

LMF

Here's the ambulance. Some NPU using a white Technic brick with axle hole plus a two long red axle to create a red cross symbol. 

42421032501_55769f7424_z.jpg

42421030821_ed18c6f677_z.jpg

Here's the ambulance next to the fire truck.

42421028751_ff7e77282a_z.jpg

Cheers! :sweet:

LMF

1 hour ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Here's the ambulance. Some NPU using a white Technic brick with axle hole plus a two long red axle to create a red cross symbol. 

That is indeed some clever NPU! Simple, but clever! :thumbup:

21 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That is indeed some clever NPU! Simple, but clever! :thumbup:

Thanks! I was trying to think of some extra details to fit into such a small vehicle, and then it just hit me and I was like "duh!" . :laugh: :grin:

Nice fire truck and ambulance. BTW, are you working on any midi-modulars? Looking forward to them! :classic:

4 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Nice fire truck and ambulance. BTW, are you working on any midi-modulars? Looking forward to them! :classic:

Thanks! I've got tons of ideas for midi modulars I'd like to make, I just haven't gotten around to building any. :grin: Although I did make the fire truck and ambulance with the intention of making a fire station to go with them, so that will probably be one of my first midi modulars. :classic:

Was searching around on Flickr and under "Lego mini scale" I found this. :wub:

Little Modular Marketing Shot

I did find quite a few results under "mini scale", but the search was crowded with a lot non-midi scale models. 

PS. I'm finally getting around to finishing my first modular. It's not going to be anything spectacular, but hopefully it will be a start towards improvement. :classic:

I'm nearly finished with my first Midi-Scale modular which started off as this store front.

41337349774_16b1bfa404_z.jpg

I've changed a few things, added some extra details along with a second floor which will be a living space. I've decided to turn the first floor into a barber shop and added a barber shop pole*. (Can you guess how I made it? :wink: )*

Pictures of the finished model we be up as soon as it's complete! Which should be soon... :purrr:

Cheers!

LMF

Haven't posted yet, but just wanted to bump the topic and mention that I really enjoy your builds.  I especially love what you came up with for the ambulance.  Keep up the awesome work!

1 hour ago, SassQueen said:

Haven't posted yet, but just wanted to bump the topic and mention that I really enjoy your builds.  I especially love what you came up with for the ambulance.  Keep up the awesome work!

Thanks a million! :blush: I'm close to finishing my first Midi-Modular.

5 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

What happened to the midi-modulars, @LegoMonorailFan

I've just been preoccupied by other hobbies/things. :blush: Needn't worry though, I haven't lost interest in this project. :sweet:

Hey everyone. This project has stalled a little for me due to my collection being limited and unsorted. Instead of getting off my butt and start sorting my collection, I stayed seated and revisited Mecabricks. :laugh: Thanks to Mecabricks, this project is back up and running. I can once again enjoy building despite not having everything I could ever want parts wise in the physical form. And honestly even if I had everything I could ever want, I would still prefer to design my models digitally first.

Lego Midi Scale Modular Barbershop

33009576138_6554aa2839_c.jpg

Lego Midi Scale Modular Barbershop Front #1 by LegoMonorailFan99, on Flickr

46159946584_43f05b8f1c_c.jpg

Lego Midi Scale Modular Barbershop Back #1 by LegoMonorailFan99, on Flickr

Cheers. :classic:

Hi! Glad to see the project is back up and running again. I love the rear & stairs of this new modular (and that terrace above the front door) but the bay window looks a bit half-hearted. Keep up the good work!

I think the Barbershop looks great. That's a really effective technique you've used to create the stairs on the back of the building.

45 minutes ago, jamesn said:

Hi! Glad to see the project is back up and running again. I love the rear & stairs of this new modular (and that terrace above the front door) but the bay window looks a bit half-hearted. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! Yeah I liked the idea of using the hinge plates for the second level window, but I had trouble finding a good way to use it to make a decent looking window.. :laugh:

Just now, Bricked1980 said:

I think the Barbershop looks great. That's a really effective technique you've used to create the stairs on the back of the building.

Thanks! The stair technique is one of my favorite parts, and will definitely be in many future models. Speaking of which, My next model will probably be my mostly completed Frank Lloyd Wright-esque row house modular.

On 1/26/2019 at 6:38 PM, LegoMonorailFan said:

mostly completed Frank Lloyd Wright-esque row house modular

Love the front stairs, with the base of the panels peeping through as rails. It's very impressive, too, that you've built an interior into it, but I wonder what kinds of geometry you could achieve if you focused exclusively on the exterior? Plate offsets for doors, etc?

Both the barber shop and townhouse look great.  This looks like a great scale for getting a lot of town into a small space!

4 minutes ago, jamesn said:

Love the front stairs, with the base of the panels peeping through as rails. It's very impressive, too, that you've built an interior into it, but I wonder what kinds of geometry you could achieve if you focused exclusively on the exterior? Plate offsets for doors, etc?

If I completely ignored the inside and planned on making a model exclusively exterior based, I could probably pull off some crazy stuff. :laugh: While having a interior is fun, to have to design the exterior such a way in advance to accommodate for a interior can make designing the exterior constricting. Maybe you have this cool design for the exterior, but it won't work if your planning on having a interior because it will look horrible on the inside. :sceptic: 

4 minutes ago, Kristel said:

Both the barber shop and townhouse look great.  This looks like a great scale for getting a lot of town into a small space!

Thank you! I'm glad you like them. :sweet:

4 minutes ago, adwind said:

That red cross on ambulance is amazing! )) 

It was the perfect way to distinguish it as a ambulance. :laugh:

Why build in Midi Scale if you don't build your favorite train in the scale?! :wacko: :laugh:

Midi Scale BR Class 08 Shunter

46932594671_0676d305af_b.jpg

Lego Midi Scale BR Class 08 Shunter by LegoMonorailFan99, on Flickr

46018462365_f373eaa2be_b.jpg

31991596957_75518a808a_b.jpg

46932594851_e8d242e6f1_b.jpg

46018462215_95342707be_b.jpg

Check out the 3D View on Mecabricks!