Sign in to follow this  
legonerd54321

[MOC/MOD] Frisco 1501 (4-8-2)

Hey all! This is my very first MOC. Well I really don't want to call it a MOC, because I built off of @Murdoch17's Frisco 1522 model, which can be found here. His Frisco model gave a lot of inspiration to build my own Frisco model, but not the 1522.

The Frisco 1501 is currently sitting in Rolla, Missouri. I have a lot of history with this locomotive. My great grandfather was the one who engineered her, and my grandaunt can tell stories about her family putting her on the train and taking her to Rolla to visit her aunt for the week. Well without a further a do, here's the model!

Tht6bHT.png

I do plan on building her, I just have to save up the money! Being paid minimum wage doesn't leave you with a whole lot :hmpf_bad:

66PnRWr.png

Here's the cab, it's nothing special, honestly.

PIlb0Av.png

(Yes, I'm aware that it's missing an entire wheel, I just now realized that.) My biggest complaint about the model is how the tender is too squarish, any ideas on how I can smooth it out a bit?

IRx3eJn.png

Here's a nice side shot.

Overall, I'm quite pleased about how this turned out. There are a few things I still need to fix, but I'm always adding on to it! If you guys have any suggestions, please feel free to say them! 

It is a very nice realization!!! With time and patience you will also create it in real bricks :thumbup: :laugh: and then you can add or modify details - and it truly is another level of satisfaction  :wink:

I simply can not leave  unanswered  one your nice signatures: "The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?"  :sweet:

Ciao!

Davide

Looking good, I don't know if I would say the cab details are nothing special, I don't think I've the manifold or throttle bar like that. If you don't like the tender, keep revising. Also, keep in mind that those tiny train wheels on the pilot are not very reliable (e.g., doing this to me, but fortunately it went back together quickly)

Looks like a very nice upgrade to the 1522 model! I really like the cab details, that is something that is very difficult. (for me at least)

Keep up the good work!

An excellent looking model. I'd love to see it in real bricks, but there's certainly no pressure. At least you can buy LEGO; I could, but as I'm a student there's nowhere for it to go...

The cab is certainly not "nothing special", it looks beautiful. It also taught me something; I was about to criticize the part colourings, as I didn't think those parts existed in Pearl Gold*, but it turns out they all do... well done!

*assuming that's the colour they're supposed to be.