Current: Just scroll down, it's not that far! (Just kidding! This will be updated soon!)

Hi!

I have another WIP car that I am building! I am still not sure what to call it, but it kind of reminds me of the newer Toyota RAV-4. Here is the chassis and part of the front end!

(Sorry for bad pic)

27484561988_cc9fc80f30_c.jpg

I borrowed the shaping from my Supercar X for the front panels. It is powered by a buggy motor and a servo. The newer battery box with new batteries and V2 receiver work great with the buggy motor! Here is a shot of the rear suspension:

27484562368_a6e3904c42_c.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

-TechnicRCRacer

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

Done :tongue:

42176082482_5b5b4fd930_c.jpg

42176082722_563735ea37_c.jpg

It's kind of ugly, but it does the job. I will try to make a video but I ill be gone fir the next week. Suggestions welcome!

-TechnicRCRacer

I wanted to see a video. But don’t let the number of posts in your thread be your guide.  People look, but don’t comment much is what I have been seeing even in my own MOC posts.  I have to admit, though, when the response to a MOC seems nonexistent, it makes working on a video a lot harder.  I still need to make a better video for my own MOC for exactly this reason.

That being said, here is my take on your MOC.

First off, I like it. But for a kind of weird reason. It looks like a vehicle that would be built by a big manufacturer to fill out it’s offerings, so not a sedan, not an SUV, but more a cross over vehicle which is very popular in USA right now. The styling and the back end say economy, while the front says sporty and fun. RAV4 is not a bad description, and I kind of agree.  Every car in Arizona is white, so it would fit right in here.  I saw this car in the background of your Supercar X photos and was glad to see you got around to featuring it here.

Thanks for sharing.

@BubleheadThanks, I really appreciate the comment! I will make the video (when I find time) and I guess if there is not much of  response, it can always be shared in another place too. I do agree it looks more like a crossover and it is now! Here in California, Teslas are all the rage now. Thanks again!

@TechnicRCRacer, Tesla’s are a nice car, but the company is a bit overrated. My brother interviewed and was offered a job working on the Model 3 to help fix and improve their aluminum body panel stamping operations. But they low balled their offer and he declined because he would have lost money moving to Cali from Ohio and the huge step up in cost of living. He says it’s no wonder they are having issues getting good people to go out to San Fran and silly - con valley. One mistake Musk made was putting an automotive plant in the middle of the highest cost of living place in America. Most Tesla employees commute 2 hours a day to find affordable housing. Working there is more a cult following of Musk than anything else.

I like the integration of the side intake panels over the rear wheels.  I don't recall seeing this used before and have always thought there's potential in this part.  

Thanks for sharing your build.

You do notice views will count here, that will help.

Nice car, sorta sleek body. 

13 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Is this topic dead? if so, there is no need to make a video.

It is your topic, so you decide mostly if it is dead (BTW it has 1000 views, which is not bad). Make a video if you feel your inner motivation to show it - but for the moment the new LEGO releases steal the attention, so bad timing.

I like this car, could be better in the rear fenders and rear area, but overall it has good proportions, and nice look. :wink: