CopMike

[MOC] Brodo Asogi delegation in the Galactic Senate

Hi!

For a competition on Swebrick, I thought I´d do a scene that´s not really been done before. Without further ado here´s the EPIC scene from SW Ep I The Phantom Menace of the Brodo Asogi delegation in the Galactic Senate :grin:!

As George Lucas was making Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, his friend and colleague Steven Spielberg suggested he include a member of E.T.'s species—from Spielberg's film E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial—as a background character. Spielberg himself had included a character in a Yoda costume in E.T. Three members of E.T.'s species were placed in the movie in a shot of the Galactic Senate, as an Easter egg. When James Luceno wrote Cloak of Deception, he expanded on the in-joke by naming the character of Grebleips—"Spielberg" spelled backwards—and giving him the homeworld of Brodo Asogi, a name given to E.T.'s planet in the spin-off novel E.T.: The Book of the Green Planet.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grebleips

40540408184_7b930a3fa4_c.jpg

39445646870_ec7a3ce0cf_c.jpg

39445647720_dee69746f6_c.jpg

40358796555_0ea6d07244_c.jpg

They of course have a phone the "phone home" :wink:!

39445648200_1a193ce9f5_c.jpg

And they´ve learned how to ride the bike themselfs to work, not just sit in the front :grin:!

39446139640_edfef8e80d_c.jpg

39446140010_c393c54c77_c.jpg

This looks excellent.

It would be nice if they made some senate cups sets like this.

The addition of the phone and the bikes are very nice.

I absolutely love this.  One of the best parts of The Phantom Menace in LEGO form, now possible through Dimensions.  So the idea is fantastic, but the execution is amazing.  This is a well built piece based on the scene.  It's both accurate and aesthetically pleasing.

The only critique is the lack of some details of the Senate Pod, like the darker spots, or the white / light band around the bottom.  Still, at this scale it would be difficult to be any more accurate than this, while retaining the rounded shape, so I wouldn't take any points off for that.  Other than those minor gripes, this is spot on.

Very well done!  Superb!

That's a very nice creation with a fun backstory.  Where does the phone part come from?  I can't find it on Bricklink.

This is really good! I've always had a plan to make something like this (but not with ET) but wouldn't know where to begin and this looks far better than I had in mind or could do :classic: 

I might use this as inspiration now.