Type: Large Factory

The Rails of Mesabi Landing had made everything disturbingly efficient. 

26232222727_3622225ec2_z.jpgInky Brewsters by North White, on Flickr

Coal was being transported to factories across the town, which by now was impressively sized. 

27230958418_feeb49de77_z.jpgInky Brewsters by North White, on Flickr

But Coal was just one of the ingredients needed to produce products in this factory.

27230958418_feeb49de77_z.jpgInky Brewsters by North White, on Flickr

Ink was important throughout the colonies, and could be manufactured easily with simple ingredients.

41060398852_a79cf84bf6_z.jpgInky Brewsters by North White, on Flickr

A mixture of Horse Glue, Water, and Coal made the sticky black substance that was needed throughout the colonies. 

40393648644_3710115736_z.jpgInky Brewsters by North White, on Flickr

WTC: A leading Pioneer in Innovation.

FIN

Thanks for viewing my large factory! I hope you liked this build. C&C appreciated!

Spoiler

41060398962_cbb6611809_z.jpgInky Brewsters by North White, on Flickr

Nice! I never thought about ink production before, but it it actually not that far-fetched. Good to see an ink factory!

I like the build in general, and especially the "busy" outside. Including the rails is a good idea, as is all the vegetation and "water" (appropriate for the coast of Argentia). The forced perspective and the open roof are clever. The production facilities inside are well done too, I would like to see a bit more action though (ink being made, or some workers loading barrels of ink into the waiting wagon). Other than that I would only suggest pressing those bricks down properly.

Overall a good MOC, and a great addition to Mesabi Landing, well done! :thumbup:

Over all i think this is a swell build from you ... Nice concept and does give some busy work outside.  

My only wishes is that you went through the process some ...and that you push your roof slopes tight lol

Nice build Mesabi, I hadn't thought of an ink factory before. I agree with Roadmonkeytj tho, try to push the bricks a bit better together, it makes it look like you rushed things.

I do like the surroundings around the factory with the terrain, tracks and greenery. 

Bart

PS. where is the TNT brick? :pir-grin:

On 3/29/2018 at 10:35 PM, LM71Blackbird said:

Cool build Mesabi! Nice job on the terrain around the building as well as the building itself!

Thanks BB!

On 3/29/2018 at 10:47 PM, Drunknok said:

Nice! I never thought about ink production before, but it it actually not that far-fetched. Good to see an ink factory!

I like the build in general, and especially the "busy" outside. Including the rails is a good idea, as is all the vegetation and "water" (appropriate for the coast of Argentia). The forced perspective and the open roof are clever. The production facilities inside are well done too, I would like to see a bit more action though (ink being made, or some workers loading barrels of ink into the waiting wagon). Other than that I would only suggest pressing those bricks down properly.

Overall a good MOC, and a great addition to Mesabi Landing, well done! :thumbup:

Considering how much we all write, in universe someone has to make the ink. :pir-laugh:

The roof technically isn't supposed to be open, I just ran out of slopes. And they always look pushed down when I build, it's just more noticeable in photographs I think. :pir-look:

Thank you!

On 3/30/2018 at 3:14 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Over all i think this is a swell build from you ... Nice concept and does give some busy work outside.  

My only wishes is that you went through the process some ...and that you push your roof slopes tight lol

Thank you TJ!

On 3/30/2018 at 4:16 AM, Bart said:

Nice build Mesabi, I hadn't thought of an ink factory before. I agree with Roadmonkeytj tho, try to push the bricks a bit better together, it makes it look like you rushed things.

I do like the surroundings around the factory with the terrain, tracks and greenery. 

Bart

PS. where is the TNT brick? :pir-grin:

Thanks Bart!

Dangit! Forgot to hide one somewhere. :facepalm: