Duq

Brickstuff PicoLED question

With my PFx Brick reward kit I've received some Brickstuff Pico LEDs. They're small, so you can get them into small spaces, but I wonder how you would mount them inside a headlight brick so they shine straight through the open stud?

If you use 3mm LEDs you can just stick them in an open stud but these are smaller and their shape doesn't match a Lego piece.

Any hints or tips from people who have used these light on their trains before?

Could you sandwich the LED board between two clear 1x1 studs and mount in the opening behind the headlight brick?   Or stick on top of a 1x1 stud and push that into the back of headlight brick?

The Pico LEDs should actually be large enough to rest flat on the open stud, where you can fix them with a transparent plate (a tile won't work, as there's not enough space inside):

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

(Sorry for the image quality - don't have access to a decent camera at the moment and had to take my tablet.)

Thank you for the answer, I asked since I like more warm white lights and the currend PF lights are too blue for steam and in general all old locomotives and buildings. :sweet:

@Tenderlok Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. I was trying to figure out how to hold the LED in place _inside_ the headlight brick...

At first I thought it's a shame you can't use round tiles because I prefer them over round plates for my lamps and lanterns. Then I realised there's an easy fix that actually looks quite good: hold the LED (or rather the pico-board) between the open stud of the headlight brick and a round plate with an open stud, and put the clear round tile on that. This way the light is more focused compared to using a clear round plate which seems to 'broadcast' light in all directions.