Murdoch17

Western-style wooden / iron truss bridge (nine tracks long- double tracked railroad trestle)

One of the major problems of using my Eads bridge at shows is it's only one track wide.... so, I devised a western double-track wooden and iron structure using instructions from an old instruction I found on my hard-drive. (Originally from a defunct website / magazine called Railbricks and in a more modern concrete-looking format).

38755616010_2730646a07_z.jpg

This double structure is about 300 less parts than my single track Eads bridge and sits at the same height / length, so it can fit in the same spot.

38755616050_a94538ff87_z.jpg

There are no bricks above track level at the beginning of the bridge so it works with even 10 wide trains or curves / switches immediately off the bridge! (This is unlike the Eads bridge, which cannot have turns right after it.)  This trestle has about a track and a half of space between bridge end and truss section for an engine to straighten out on.

38755616160_eb72e3ba28_z.jpg

The 10-wide BTTF time train fits easily though the bridge with room to spare!

(time train not included in LDD file!)

38755616200_cb1369dcb7_z.jpg

The new trestle is the same height and length as the Eads bridge, but with double the width for 300 less parts. The Eads bridge is also modular in construction, while the new one is not.

(Eads bridge not included in LDD file!)

LDD file for the wooden bridge (NO time train or Eads bridge in file!) is available at Brick-safe.

Comments, Questions and complaints are always welcome!