Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR-FB3] The Reckoning Chapter 1

The Reckoning: Chapter 1, A Call to Arms

Type: Medium Educational

A wagon rattled along the new tracks that lead through Mesabi Landing. Lead by a Royal Engineer, a wagon carried coal over to the factories on the other side of town.

39626699135_cea3ce5fbb_z.jpgThe Reckoning Chapter 1 by North White, on Flickr

As the Wagon passed, 3 figures walked over to the laboratory of Doctor Edmund Vesper, the Belsonian Exile. 

40479502232_cef51a6c55_z.jpgThe Reckoning Chapter 1 by North White, on Flickr

38711846420_2e4b25f269_z.jpgThe Reckoning Chapter 1 by North White, on Flickr

An Elite stood guard outside, while Karl Mordo and Peter Zanzibar entered the laboratory.

38711845140_e3b351efab_z.jpgThe Reckoning Chapter 1 by North White, on Flickr

Dr. Vesper was busy examining a flask, and did not acknowledge them as they entered. 

38711846440_43a6a50d61_z.jpgThe Reckoning Chapter 1 by North White, on Flickr

"Ahem." Said Pete, drawing a letter from his pocket. "This is for you, good Doctor."

Dr. Vesper opened the letter and read it quickly, his eyes darting across the text.

38711846390_22d30ff930_z.jpgThe Reckoning Chapter 1 by North White, on Flickr

"Thank you gentlemen, for delivering this personally. I must ask you to leave now however. My work requires me." Said Dr. Vesper emotionlessly

He motioned them to the door, and they exited. 

He reread the latter again to be sure. 

To Doctor Edmund Vesper,

We regret to inform you that your research grants are being cancelled. The crown does not feel that research into Empirian Fire is worth studying. Please discontinue your work at once, and mail us your findings. You are hereby forbidden to research the topic, as of the potential dangers of said Research. If we do not hear from you, a regiment of the Queen's Guard will be sent to retrieve you.

Regards,

Odell Kirk

3rd Secretory of Science

Adjunct Professor of Philosophy

His hands shaking with rage, he picked up a chair

39626699405_e2c1dc7fa6_z.jpgThe Reckoning Chapter 1 by North White, on Flickr

"They exhile me to this godforsaken isle, and then cut my throat!"

39626699375_24e2ef7514_z.jpgThe Reckoning Chapter 1 by North White, on Flickr

"Oh, but there will be a reckoning. A reckoning indeed. And a reckoning cannot be postponed indefinitely."

He walked to a crate. 

40521852431_7573328ba7_z.jpgThe Reckoning Chapter 1 by North White, on Flickr

He drew a pistol, exhamined it and smiled.

40479502442_00a9926d38_z.jpgThe Reckoning Chapter 1 by North White, on Flickr

"A reckoning cannot be postponed indefinitely..." he repeated.

FIN

Thank you for viewing my build! This marks the beginning of a new story I would like to tell. If @Bregir doesn't stop me. :pir-laugh: I tried to use some new techniques in this build, especially with the windows. I also finally got some slopes to use. Thank you to @Lord Buckethead for his railroad idea. Not only is it a great idea, it will be featured in my builds, as it gives me an excuse to use my rail pieces. Additionally, this build finally makes Mesabi Landing a City. Corrington is up to 4 now!

Final note: Dr. Vesper is NOT to be associated with the WTC. He is not, and will not be a member of the WTC. Do not take out any of his IC actions against my trading company!

C&C appreciated!

Edited by Mesabi

First about the MOC: a clean build, the bricked windows are a nice detail, and both outside and inside look properly busy. The interior wants to look like a madmans research laboratory - and it does! :thumbup:

About the story: I am definitely looking forward to where this goes. I do wonder though - it takes Mordo, Zanzibar and a WTC Elite to deliver a letter? Why? Especially when the Dr. is not affiliated with the WTC. To me that feels very odd.

8 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Final note: Dr. Vesper is NOT to be associated with the WTC. He is not, and will not be a member of the WTC.

He does seem to share the WTCs obsession with explosives though. :pir-grin:

And I did spot a crate with the WTCs colours... interesting.

P.S.: Where does the cape come from?

There was me thinking that the rats settlements were the friendliest no-go area of the brick seas...

Mesabi Landing would be deserving to belong to the rats... what a lovely place :tongue:

On 2/27/2018 at 11:32 PM, Drunknok said:

About the story: I am definitely looking forward to where this goes. I do wonder though - it takes Mordo, Zanzibar and a WTC Elite to deliver a letter? Why? Especially when the Dr. is not affiliated with the WTC. To me that feels very odd.

P.S.: Where does the cape come from?

Thank you! The letter was marked priority, and they wanted to make sure it arrived. So they both went. 

The cape comes from Captain Phasma.

On 2/28/2018 at 3:07 AM, Professor Thaum said:

There was me thinking that the rats settlements were the friendliest no-go area of the brick seas...

Mesabi Landing would be deserving to belong to the rats... what a lovely place :tongue:

Thanks?