Here is my rendition of a YT-2400 light freighter. It was built based on Google Images search results, Sato's Hammer from Rebels and memory. I would suggest that it is somewhere between "System Scale" and "Minifig Scale" (Ostensibly Scaled?). My self-imposed requirement was the "saucer chassis" of 7965 and 4x4 Heat Exhaust Vents for a baseline. I built carte blanche from there. It is very solid, sturdy and heavier than it looks. It can be lifted with one hand from most points (except the cockpit and of course the "pie slice" roof panel sections). I am thinking that it is around 3,200 pieces. It is 20 inches (51 cm) wide, 12.5 inches (32 cm) long and 7.25  inches (18.5 cm) tall. I hope the pictures show up and are the right size. I haven't uploaded images before. Comments, criticisms and suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

IMG_1295

IMG_1297

IMG_1307

IMG_1305

IMG_1304

IMG_1303

IMG_1302

IMG_1298

IMG_1310

IMG_1308

IMG_1299

The Outrider's always been one of my favourite freighters in Star Wars and yours is one of the best renditions I've seen of it in Lego!

Great job, the cockpit looks fantastic! You could definitely improve the underside of the model, the underside of plates are very ugly!

Great job! I love the cockpit inside and out, the plates on the outside are really clever and add so much character! The overall shape is great, just like I remember it from the game, and the interior is really well done. You’ve also managed to make the opening top look infinitely better than Lego’s own effort on their Falcons :) Looks like you might have some room for some interior and engine LED lighting?

15 minutes ago, Cyanide-Tipped said:

Not familiar with this ship...where does it appear in?

Shadows of the Empire!

4 hours ago, Cyanide-Tipped said:

Not familiar with this ship...where does it appear in?

Also appears for a few seconds over Mos Eisley in Episode 4: Special Edition

the-outrider-of-mos-eisley.jpeg

Thanks all. LEDs would look nice, but I have zero experience. I’d like to “inverted tile” the entire bottom, but that would likely be an expensive order. Maybe incrementally over time. The cockpit was a headache. Very difficult to render in LEGO. It’s probably considered sacrilege but I’ve always preferred this ship over the Falcon. :devil:

Unfortunately I don’t use or have access to LDD. I’d recommend starting with the instructions to 7965, then modifying as the build progresses. Incidentally I’ve made a few modifications since the OP. No more angle in the oblique arm where it meets the saucer and medium blue (?) has been replaced with sand blue.

https://flic.kr/p/RSVcqW

https://flic.kr/p/RSVcq5

Edited by DarthTrocious
Photos added.

Always nice to see a YT Moc at these forums - building a sister ship myself :) ooop..almost gave it away hehe. (It's not thissss onnnneee):vader:

Edited by Kage Goomba

I was just going to reply, if you’re patient I’m sure a much better Outrider MOC is just around the corner. Unfortunately I parted this out years ago, and built it mostly with pieces I had on hand. If someone is committed to a MOC in the same line as this one I’d recommend buying a system scale Millennium Falcon and building the Outrider off of the saucer and frame.

9 minutes ago, DarthTrocious said:

I was just going to reply, if you’re patient I’m sure a much better Outrider MOC is just around the corner. Unfortunately I parted this out years ago, and built it mostly with pieces I had on hand. If someone is committed to a MOC in the same line as this one I’d recommend buying a system scale Millennium Falcon and building the Outrider off of the saucer and frame.

Sent you a DM that should spark your excitement.