Sign in to follow this  
pombe

[SR - MRCA] Welcome to the Jungle part 3

Dramatis Personae:

Spoiler

Sea Rats

24369951161_932640e54d_t.jpg
Ethylene Glycol
Professor of science.  A former faculty member at a prominent Corrington university, she was dismissed after failing to have her grants and fellowships renewed as a result of years of failing to publish in peer reviewed scientific journals.  Railing against the scientific institution's insistence that data obtained from experiments must be reproducible and come from well controlled rational approaches to testing a model, Professor Glycol has decided to start her own university of higher learning at the Port of Bastion, where she can do science the proper way and publish in her own independent journal with herself as the sole reviewer, unfettered by the rules of the intellectually inferior.

24156803900_a3a468091d_t.jpg
Lucy Liu
Sixth year graduate student with no publications.  Bitter and jaded, with hatred for the entirety of existence, Lucy followed her advisor to the Port of Bastion, because no other faculty members would accept her as a student after being already mentored by Professor Glycol.  Highly intelligent and talented, she has languished in academic hell for the past six years, trying in vain to get her advisor to adopt the practices of the other science professors.  

25072137740_cca27f30d8_t.jpg
Wilhemina Savore
A graduate student in civil engineering, with an interest in siegecraft.  Prefers to be called Willy.

24426191796_299bf13634_t.jpg
Alois Bieber
First year graduate student with no publications.  As a former Olean soldier in the Order of Faith, he was a leader against the principles of science, when he attempted to disrupt a seminar being given by Professor Glycol.  Instead, he found himself understanding her talk and becoming interested in the subject.  Confused and bewildered, he spent two years soul searching until he was able to accept that he had been wrong his whole life.  Alois then sought out Professor Glycol, explained his scientific enlightenment, and became her student.

Oleon

25616790134_76dfb96011_t.jpg
Harriet Schwartz
A captain in the Oleon navy and a master naval tactician. She fell in love with an Oleon soldier named Alois Bieber, due to his intractable religious faith and his outspokeness against the principles of science, not to mention his super hot looks. She courted him, only to be horrified as she witnessed his turn to heresy at the hands of the blasphemous Professor Glycol. Now she is on a mission to get him back from the Sea Rats and return him to the truth of the Oleon faith, while making him hers.

25618886723_2712958fa0_t.jpg
Helmut Dark
An officer in the Oleon navy and Captain Harriet Schwartz's first officer. Professional and loyal, he follows his captain's every command, while putting up with her shortcomings.

26129101292_06b143cdc4_t.jpg
Dieter Picante
A young Oleon navy officer in Captain Harriet Schwartz's crew.

Previously, https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/158700-sr-mrca-welcome-to-the-jungle-part-2/....

At Fuerte Unido, Isla de Victoria, Eslandola...

24156803900_a3a468091d_t.jpg     What is this?!

39101089525_32194d3930_b.jpg

24369951161_932640e54d_t.jpg     This is our chemical testing laboratory, which we are setting up here in Fuerte Unido.  I figured we needed some place to test the fermentation of the plant we brought back with us from the jungle.  We'll license this as a small factory.

24156803900_a3a468091d_t.jpg     You stupid professor!  You put the Jolly Roger right on the front of the building!  We're Sea Rats!  You might as well just advertise that this is a pirate hangout!

24369951161_932640e54d_t.jpg     Nonsense.  Everyone knows that that is the universal warning symbol for poison.  And given that this is a chemical testing laboratory, I think it makes perfect sense as a warning to others.  Besides, we're not pirates.  We're scientists.  And do you think so little of the Eslandolans that they would confuse the Jolly Roger for the poison symbol?

24156803900_a3a468091d_t.jpg     They look the same, you stupid professor!!

24369951161_932640e54d_t.jpg     Regardless, let's go in and set about fermenting the new plant.

Hours later...

24426191796_299bf13634_t.jpg     THE FLOOR IS SO FLOORY!!!

24156803900_a3a468091d_t.jpg     Hee hee hee.  I hate my life so much.  Hee hee hee.  My life sucks so hard.  Hee hee hee.

25072137370_8936982f6c_t.jpg     Come back here, you stupid spider!  I must harvest and sacrifice you!  Hargoth the Destroyer demands a sacrifice or I will be cast into The Plane of Empty Loneliness!  I don't want to be empty and lonely!

39101092275_2ac77f0bd7_b.jpg

Journal Entry, Ethylene Glycol

January 31st, 618 AE.

The subjects graduate students have consumed the first batch of the distilled fermented product from the Minifigurous failurous plant.  All indications suggest that the plant contains hallucinogenic compounds, which have altered the states of mind of the subjects graduate students, though the effects vary.  I think this product is highly marketable given these properties and I believe that the next step should be to scale up production.  For that, I have been in contact with @Roadmonkeytj, who will oversee that process.  The funds from the sales of this beverage should help fund my scientific endeavors for quite some time, provided that permanent damage has not occurred to the subjects graduate students.  But even if that has occurred, it is not as if subjects graduate students are difficult to come by.

Spoiler

39967426632_51d6593063_b.jpg

26126514598_b0aa8a0919_b.jpg

Comments and criticisms are all welcome!

My only grief with this, in contrast to the other two parts: I have no continuation to look forward to. Write more, write it now, I need my next fix of pombe! :wub:

Brilliant writing once again, and backed up by a clever little build. I like the simple facade and the relatively detailed interior. The minifig posing is just perfect.

All in all: I love it, more please. More! MOAR! Pretty please.

Damn Pombe!  That was better than advertised.  The skull and crossbones was an awesome idea!