Sign in to follow this  
blackdeathgr

[Era II, Ch IC] - Rendezvous with the divine flower

"Look! There it is!", exclaimed Hugo as he has just seen the object of everybody's in the expedition desire. Mr B had given him the right directions after all. And the natives in their turn, had given him the right directions as well. Perched at a steep cliff by a waterfall, he was by no means there. He had to tackle the fast water that moved down the river and climb for quite some time. Not a small feat for anyone. But Hugo's eyes had focused on the exotic flower... 

39916811112_7d44d9ba37_c.jpg

26076229028_153156edc1_c.jpg

25077497607_8f726a527f_c.jpg

About an hour later, he was finally holding the rarest flower of all. A true beauty, worthy of it's name. "Celestia’s Superb Orchid" ! It's scarlet colors, Its bushy appearance, all attributed to its beauty. But above all, its smell, was like incense to the pious. Something completely out of this world. And Hugo was holding it in his hands. He was to immediately put it in a glass full of water, for the natives explained Mr B that each branch you cut from this flower, grows roots almost immediately. Maybe this characteristic, always coupled with its smell, was the cause of its illustrious name. The King will be really happy upon his return!

39238876974_362bee1cd7_c.jpg

28169265059_d4e008926f_c.jpg

25077640707_3782b1944d_c.jpg

39050859425_50fe6ec725_c.jpg

39050819185_2748df4cb4_c.jpg

26076348478_69b1aefee5_c.jpg

As I couldn't build a bigger moc in time for the competition, I decided to participate, simply for the fun of it. And since a flower is first and foremost a woman's subject, I asked my wife to help me  The general idea is mostly hers, but it needed my touch mostly for stability reasons. Still, no matter how I've tried, it still remains a bit fragile as we speak. Anyway, thanks for watching and good luck to everybody!

I was looking at the rockwork thinking, that's some pretty good flowing water and rock work... then I got to the flower! Great job - we had a life sized flower themed challenge on Merlin's Beard not so long ago and I realised then how difficult it is to do, but you (and your wife!) have done a superb job here! 

12 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

I was looking at the rockwork thinking, that's some pretty good flowing water and rock work... then I got to the flower! Great job - we had a life sized flower themed challenge on Merlin's Beard not so long ago and I realised then how difficult it is to do, but you (and your wife!) have done a superb job here! 

Thanks Ayrlego! I found out that the most difficult thing while building a life sized flower with LEGO bricks is the stability issues. It is VERY fragile :cry_sad: (as almost every real-like flower though). Needless to say, that thing got accidentally destroyed on its way from the balcony to the bookcase (fortunately after the photo-shooting). I blame the carpet for once! Only the central flower remains (so as to subconsciously convince my wife that we need a bigger LUGBULK order this year :tongue:). Regarding the totally sub par rock-work and small waterfall, I was actually nearly pushed to build it so as to compliment the flower. Pfff...women these days... 

12 hours ago, Maxim I said:

That's a really cool flower!

4 hours ago, Mike S said:

That flower is a piece of art! Nicely done!

Thanks Maxim and Mike! I am glad you liked it! Sadly that was the only thing I could build in time so as to participate at the Challenge and honor our guests this time (Corrington)

12 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Such a clever approach to the challenge, and what a nice brickbuilt orchid. Perfect!

Thanks Elo! Well, talking about the alternative approach to the challenge, there is a saying "if you can't solve it, just cut it"... :tongue:

I like the transparent waterfall, the light shining through gives it a somewhat mysterious look. But the real star here is of course the flower build - nicely done! It looks very "natural", so the build being quite fragile is... well, only natural. I like it a lot, and would love some additional pictures from different angles.

On 29.1.2018 at 11:59 AM, Ayrlego said:

Great job - we had a life sized flower themed challenge on Merlin's Beard not so long ago and I realised then how difficult it is to do, but you (and your wife!) have done a superb job here! 

I just had a look at some of the results over there: sweet! How do you think this (or my) build would have done? :pir-grin: