Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return - Sewers

Kiray pockets the potion and looks to the others. "Should we split up checking the rooms?"

13 minutes ago, KotZ said:

Kiray pockets the potion and looks to the others. "Should we split up checking the rooms?"

"Why would we do that? Even if room four isn't the one we're looking for I doubt that splitting up would have any appreciable difference in how fast we would search the building. It's not that large after all, and we're basically just going door to door and seeing how the inhabitants react to us. In fact I'd say that whoever found the right room would then have to go back to get the others, which would take more time. And anyway, if for some reason we were attacked then we'd want our full strength together." Throlar said as he looked out the window to check the time.

1 hour ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Why would we do that? Even if room four isn't the one we're looking for I doubt that splitting up would have any appreciable difference in how fast we would search the building. It's not that large after all, and we're basically just going door to door and seeing how the inhabitants react to us. In fact I'd say that whoever found the right room would then have to go back to get the others, which would take more time. And anyway, if for some reason we were attacked then we'd want our full strength together." Throlar said as he looked out the window to check the time.

Thorlar notes that it is early evening and the sun would set in a few more hours.

As the rest of the party rummage through the room, Karie crosses her arms and turns to Skrall.

"I don't think we should stay here tonight. It's too out in the open. If we get ambushed it's either the window or the door, and those are both easy to block: especially if they have dragons.

I say we at least stake the room out, keep an eye on it. If someone shows up with the intent to murder us, I want to know about it."

16 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"I don't think we should stay here tonight. It's too out in the open. If we get ambushed it's either the window or the door, and those are both easy to block: especially if they have dragons.

I say we at least stake the room out, keep an eye on it. If someone shows up with the intent to murder us, I want to know about it."

"Then we escape through the window? Or...? Clearly if we are to be ambushed here, our patrons would need to be involved, which means they must not see us leave."

31 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

As the rest of the party rummage through the room, Karie crosses her arms and turns to Skrall.

"Well before we do anything I say we check out room number four. I'd prefer to know what's in there as soon as possible."

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

26621841541_b6c025c0ed_t.jpg
"Who knows we're here? At this point nothing outside the Wolf Den is safe. If yer plannin' on stakin' the place out where do ya propose a safe place to watch it would be? I thought we're comin' here to find this Filly of yers, are ya sayin' ya think this is their room?"

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

26621841541_b6c025c0ed_t.jpg
"Who knows we're here? At this point nothing outside the Wolf Den is safe. If yer plannin' on stakin' the place out where do ya propose a safe place to watch it would be? I thought we're comin' here to find this Filly of yers, are ya sayin' ya think this is their room?"

Karie paused.

"You're right. It's too time consuming, something we don't have enough of it seems. Why don't we head to room 4 now and see what's going on there? It wouldn't hurt even just to find out who, or what is in there."

The group makes their way down to the second floor, room 4 stands at the end of the hall.

7101377929_ec9ae26b13_o.jpg

Billian exits room 4 carrying a tray with dirty dishes.

38968047600_24becb13e3_t.jpg
"Ummm... hello folks, room 8 is on the third floor did you get lost?"

"No, we've seen our room, we just wanted to have a look at this one to see why it wasn't on the list. Even more so now that it's obvious that it's occupied." he said, motioning to the tray in Billian's hands.

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Just a little curious, Billian." Kiray considers intimidating the innkeeper, but decides against it, for the time being.

12 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The group makes their way down to the second floor, room 4 stands at the end of the hall.

7101377929_ec9ae26b13_o.jpg

Vindsval lifts a hand as if to say "what are ya gonna do?"

You know how it is in the city.  Rumors and stories abound.  Who can resit a good mystery set within their Path.  

15 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"No, we've seen our room, we just wanted to have a look at this one to see why it wasn't on the list. Even more so now that it's obvious that it's occupied." he said, motioning to the tray in Billian's hands.

13 hours ago, KotZ said:

"Just a little curious, Billian." Kiray considers intimidating the innkeeper, but decides against it, for the time being.

4 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Vindsval lifts a hand as if to say "what are ya gonna do?"

You know how it is in the city.  Rumors and stories abound.  Who can resit a good mystery set within their Path.  

"Ummm... Discretion... As mentioned we look out for the privacy of our patrons and... The individual wishes to be undisturbed by the other guests that's all..." Billian looks nervously at his feet.

11 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Ummm... Discretion... As mentioned we look out for the privacy of our patrons and... The individual wishes to be undisturbed by the other guests that's all..." Billian looks nervously at his feet.

"Is something the matter sir? You look troubled." Karie notes the were hound's sheepish attitude towards the room. She looks towards Room 4 before motioning towards Billian with a smile. "Why don't we discuss what ails you someplace private? If there's something I can do to help, I'd like to know." Karie states, being diplomatic.

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

"Is something the matter sir? You look troubled." Karie notes the were hound's sheepish attitude towards the room. She looks towards Room 4 before motioning towards Billian with a smile. "Why don't we discuss what ails you someplace private? If there's something I can do to help, I'd like to know." Karie states, being diplomatic.

"No, no, nothing's wrong, it's just no one is supposed to know she's staying here... I mean he's staying here... I mean..."

13 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

10 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"No, no, nothing's wrong, it's just no one is supposed to know she's staying here... I mean he's staying here... I mean..."

"Well, say we're not guests. Say we're friends. I'm sure she'd love to see friends." Kiray pauses. "The guest does have friends, doesn't she?"

13 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"We're from Heroica, or rather were, and if this person is the same as the one were looking for then we simply must speak with them. Friends are in short supply for us at the moment and whoever wrote that article in the Herald is a potential one."

14 hours ago, KotZ said:

"Well, say we're not guests. Say we're friends. I'm sure she'd love to see friends." Kiray pauses. "The guest does have friends, doesn't she?"

"You don't even know her name and you're supposedly her friends?"

1 hour ago, Lord Duvors said:

"We're from Heroica, or rather were, and if this person is the same as the one were looking for then we simply must speak with them. Friends are in short supply for us at the moment and whoever wrote that article in the Herald is a potential one."

"I don't know if she writes for the herald, all I know is she doesn't wish to be disturbed."

"Good sir, would it be too much of a disturbance to her if you would simply go into the room and inform her that heroes of Heroica would like to see her? I am sure none of us wish in anyway to disturb her or your establishment here, but we all strongly believe that she may wish to see us, even need to, and therefore it would be a great disappointment to both us and her if we would be staying under the same roof as her and not be able to make her acquaintance. All that I ask is that you inform her that we are here and would like to meet her, that is all. If she says no, we will not disturb you anymore about it."

21 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

"Good sir, would it be too much of a disturbance to her if you would simply go into the room and inform her that heroes of Heroica would like to see her? I am sure none of us wish in anyway to disturb her or your establishment here, but we all strongly believe that she may wish to see us, even need to, and therefore it would be a great disappointment to both us and her if we would be staying under the same roof as her and not be able to make her acquaintance. All that I ask is that you inform her that we are here and would like to meet her, that is all. If she says no, we will not disturb you anymore about it."

"You're not even supposed to know she's here! If... if I tell her that people are looking for her and know she's here, she'll... she'll..."

40902738952_bc35f7a9bb_o.jpg
"She'll what Billian? Scold you for gossiping so loudly in the hallway? I wouldn't be surprised if all the guests on this floor now know about the issue."

The heroes look up and see Åsa Nifelheimr, the Valkyrie, standing in the door of Room 4.

"You're not even supposed to know she's here! If... if I tell her that people are looking for her and know she's here, she'll... she'll..."

"She'll what Billian? Scold you for gossiping so loudly in the hallway? I wouldn't be surprised if all the guests on this floor now know about the issue."

The heroes look up and see Åsa Nifelheimr, the Valkyrie, standing in the door of Room 4.

Karie's eyebrows raised, her jaw nearly dropping. She keeps her eyes on Asa as she speaks to Billian. 

"I think we've found who we're looking for. Thank you, Billian. You've been most helpful." Karie clears her throat before speaking to the Norn.

"I don't believe we've formally met. Why don't we step inside your room. Far too many nosey individuals poking into business they really shouldn't wandering about nowadays, wouldn't you say?" Karie raises her copy of the Herald and points repeatedly to the editorial written by Frustrated Flying Filly, tapping it hastily. She was hoping Asa would get her intent about discussing the editorial without having to outright say it. "Why don't I make this up to you. Let us discuss these matters in private, please?"

10 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Karie's eyebrows raised, her jaw nearly dropping. She keeps her eyes on Asa as she speaks to Billian. 

"I think we've found who we're looking for. Thank you, Billian. You've been most helpful." Karie clears her throat before speaking to the Norn.

"Umm..."

"It's alright Billian, keep an eye at the front. I want to make sure they weren't followed."

11 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"I don't believe we've formally met. Why don't we step inside your room. Far too many nosey individuals poking into business they really shouldn't wandering about nowadays, wouldn't you say?" Karie raises her copy of the Herald and points repeatedly to the editorial written by Frustrated Flying Filly, tapping it hastily. She was hoping Asa would get her intent about discussing the editorial without having to outright say it. "Why don't I make this up to you. Let us discuss these matters in private, please?"

Åsa's smiles slightly when she sees the paper.
"Karie Alderflask, no? While we may have not met formally, I'm quite familiar with your... with all of your history. Yes, come inside."

The Valkyrie leads the party into her room. The space is similarly furnished to the one upstairs, but more lived in. Clothes spread about the room, books on the desk, papers scattered about. The Valkyrie sits at the table and studies each of the heroes with a cold but determined stare before addressing the group.

"Sorry about that, Billian was just doing me a favor. I helped him and his brother gain support for this inn many years ago. Now I'm sure you have a lot of questions, no?"

Vindsval squeezes himself into the room and attempts to squat down comfortably.

Well met Maiden of the North, I am Vindsval.  Once son of the Ice Tribes, now one of this city.   I will be direct, as nothing else in this day has been.  We have come seeking knowledge of those who would call themselves the Founders.  

Edited by Asphalt

22 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Hello."

21 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The Valkyrie leads the party into her room. The space is similarly furnished to the one upstairs, but more lived in. Clothes spread about the room, books on the desk, papers scattered about. The Valkyrie sits at the table and studies each of the heroes with a cold but determined stare before addressing the group.

"Sorry about that, Billian was just doing me a favor. I helped him and his brother gain support for this inn many years ago. Now I'm sure you have a lot of questions, no?"

"Yes, yes we do. Starting with 'why did you use the name Frustrated Flying Filly?' It's honestly one of the oddest noms-de-plume I've ever heard and I'm interested in it's origin."

"I suppose what we're really after is just if you have any idea of what is going on and what or who is behind this return of the Founders? We felt compelled to follow the path your article led us on, that is why we are here more than anything.

"In case you were wondering, the Copper Fox and the Feathered Serpent are both with the Wolfkin, I heard the Dragon Lord is dead, we have a party searching for the Oracle as well. Have you heard any news from Hestia Bonaparte?"