Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return - Hovels

"We try diplomatic first, but when it comes down to it the Oracle is top priority." Boomingham sheaths Scupperer and walks towards the Oracle, waving to the creatures as he does so. "Howdy there. Looks like you've got our friend here. Hope you don't mind if I make sure she's feeling alright."

44 minutes ago, Zepher said:

"We try diplomatic first, but when it comes down to it the Oracle is top priority." Boomingham sheaths Scupperer and walks towards the Oracle, waving to the creatures as he does so. "Howdy there. Looks like you've got our friend here. Hope you don't mind if I make sure she's feeling alright."

14684896598_892dc65157_o.jpg
"Uuuu... living... not... welcome..." a few more zombies wander over. "Here... to... serve?"

3 hours ago, Zepher said:

Do you want to negotiate with zombies? It's much easier to just dispose of them. They are technically dead already. Just saying... Torald says softly. 

“Not opposed to cracking some already cracke skulls... but limited resources and all.” Boomingham hisses back to Torald discretely before turning to the zombies. “You’re here to serve? Or are you asking if we’re here to serve? Serve what?”

On 4/30/2018 at 5:13 PM, Zepher said:

“Not opposed to cracking some already cracke skulls... but limited resources and all.” Boomingham hisses back to Torald discretely before turning to the zombies. “You’re here to serve? Or are you asking if we’re here to serve? Serve what?”

"Would... you... serve... Passion? We... branches.... Passion... vine"

8 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran studies the zombies carefully to see if he can discern any more clues from their appearances.

Most of the zombies look to be either humans or elves, some where tattered robes with the heraldry of Dastan.

Look, I'm not about to serve some zombies. We still have some Phoenix essences if things go south. I say, get these zombies out of the way, get to the Oracle. We are wasting precious time here. Torald whispers to the others

"Passion? Isn't that someone's name? I thought I recall a name like that in a quest I read about...but I could be wrong..."

8 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Look, I'm not about to serve some zombies. We still have some Phoenix essences if things go south. I say, get these zombies out of the way, get to the Oracle. We are wasting precious time here. Torald whispers to the others

"This is part of something bigger, let's see if we can get more information before we get into a fight. Time is of the essence but so is our attention to getting our actions right."

Boomingham nods sagely, "would love to serve passion. Big ol' lover of passion. Passion gets a big thumbs up in my book." He scooches over towards the Oracle as he speaks and sees if there is any obvious way to free her, as well as her current condition.

On 5/2/2018 at 12:41 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

"Would... you... serve... Passion? We... branches.... Passion... vine"

Starts to get a bad sinking feeling...

On 5/2/2018 at 8:50 AM, Palathadric said:

"Passion? Isn't that someone's name? I thought I recall a name like that in a quest I read about...but I could be wrong..."

Like for an arch demon.

On 5/2/2018 at 3:33 AM, Alfadas said:

Look, I'm not about to serve some zombies. 

I think they serve someone more powerful that you realize. 

Edited by samurai-turtle
Spelling

11 hours ago, Zepher said:

Boomingham nods sagely, "would love to serve passion. Big ol' lover of passion. Passion gets a big thumbs up in my book." He scooches over towards the Oracle as he speaks and sees if there is any obvious way to free her, as well as her current condition.

Boomingham can't tell the source of the energy sphere, but can see the body of the oracle lying still within it, he is unsure of whether she's alive or dead.

"Here... eat..." The druid pulls out a white root from his cloak.

Boomingham looks at his party, and signals with his eyes for Torald and Eric to come free the Oracle as best he can. Hoping to win some more time, and, he admits, a little curious, he takes the root from the zombie. "Eh, why the Hel not." He eats the root.

2 hours ago, Zepher said:

Boomingham looks at his party, and signals with his eyes for Torald and Eric to come free the Oracle as best he can. Hoping to win some more time, and, he admits, a little curious, he takes the root from the zombie. "Eh, why the Hel not." He eats the root.

Seeing Boominghams action in slow motion Ezerans adrenaline starts pumping, he backs away a bit from Boomingham and ready himself for what will come next. "Take caution my friends, demonic forces are at hand." suffering from sudden convulsions Ezeran slumps over and a grumbling dark raspy voice can be heard coming from the symbiont. "Brrrrraaaaargh." 

Torald looks in horror as Boomingham voluntarily eats the root. He can feel his lunch make it's way back up. With not a small amount of self control he calms his stomach again and, cautiously, makes his way over to the Oracle and sees if he can free her. 

I look around unsure of what to do, but rush to help Ezeran up, gazing somewhat terrified at Boomingham.

23 hours ago, Zepher said:

As Boomingham consumes the root, he feels a strange warmth coursing through his veins. A sharp pain suddenly pierces Lawrence's stomach nearly keeling him over as all feeling seems to leave his body. The color drains from the vindicator's face and his eye's turn an earthen green. Boomingham senses the feeling return to his limbs, but it is duller, fuzzy, somewhat unfamiliar, as if there is an absence of something that he can't quite put his finger on, he does retain his wits though.

27010822217_098a382384_t.jpg

"Here... sleep... commune..." The druid points to one of the mushroom huts, inside the party can see several zombies entwined in more of the white roots.

20 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Torald looks in horror as Boomingham voluntarily eats the root. He can feel his lunch make it's way back up. With not a small amount of self control he calms his stomach again and, cautiously, makes his way over to the Oracle and sees if he can free her. 

The druid steps in Torald's way, holding out another white root.

"Eat..."

"Um...Boomingham...um...are you alright? Can you hear me? Do you remember why we're here?"

On 5/3/2018 at 3:20 AM, MysticModulus said:

Seeing Boominghams action in slow motion Ezerans adrenaline starts pumping, he backs away a bit from Boomingham and ready himself for what will come next. "Take caution my friends, demonic forces are at hand." suffering from sudden convulsions Ezeran slumps over and a grumbling dark raspy voice can be heard coming from the symbiont. "Brrrrraaaaargh." 

Looking at Ezeran wondering what is his problem? I thought he was tougher than this. 

Are you going to be alright? 

23 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Definitely couldn't but help but wonder witch end "it" might come out of? 

Germ couldn't believe how stupid "Larry" was, he got turned into one of them. And now he (the druid zombie) is going after "Total" to make him turn too...They are just flunkies we should find their boss...

Where is the Surpreme One located? An "old friend" wants to talk to them. 

Ezeran suddenly calms down and stands up straight as if nothing has happend. A sudden tint of a red glow can be seen in his eye. "I'm fine, but we need to burn this place to the ground..."

Torald politely declines the root. Trying to get some extra time he gestures to the others to see to the Oracle. One moment, good sir. Boomingham, how are you feeling, anything strange???

11 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran suddenly calms down and stands up straight as if nothing has happend. A sudden tint of a red glow can be seen in his eye. "I'm fine, but we need to burn this place to the ground..."

Flashing the Fire Bombs from earlier to the others indicating he is capable of starting a fire. 

You know I don't want a similar problem like we had from earlier, that hurted. As he tried to just tell the group. 

Germ scans the "settlement" to see how flammable it possible could be. 

20 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Looking at Ezeran wondering what is his problem? I thought he was tougher than this. 

Are you going to be alright? 

Definitely couldn't but help but wonder witch end "it" might come out of? 

Germ couldn't believe how stupid "Larry" was, he got turned into one of them. And now he (the druid zombie) is going after "Total" to make him turn too...They are just flunkies we should find their boss...

Where is the Surpreme One located? An "old friend" wants to talk to them. 

"Deep..."

9 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Flashing the Fire Bombs from earlier to the others indicating he is capable of starting a fire. 

You know I don't want a similar problem like we had from earlier, that hurted. As he tried to just tell the group. 

Germ scans the "settlement" to see how flammable it possible could be. 

The cavern is earthen and while the fungus may burn with enough heat, the room is not composed of anything super combustible.