Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return - Hovels

This is not good, not good, not good, NOT good. Sküld, can you try to help her? Anyone with healing powers, help her!

3 minutes ago, Alfadas said:

This is not good, not good, not good, NOT good. Sküld, can you try to help her? Anyone with healing powers, help her!

Ezeran looks with suspicion on the broken body before them. "It's not her broken body I'm afraid of, we should be very careful here."

7 minutes ago, Alfadas said:

Skuld and Elphaba hurry over, as the alter girl extends her healing hands toward the injured woman.
38770468344_4235a941eb_t.jpg
"It's... it's not working."

40584512162_806dd257b3_t.jpg
"Why, what's going on. Why can't you help her?!"

37 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Skuld and Elphaba hurry over, as the alter girl extends her healing hands toward the injured woman.
"It's... it's not working."

"Why, what's going on. Why can't you help her?!"

Ezeran puts a hand on the arbomancers shoulder. "There is a possibility that your loved one has become a vessel for demonic infestation and was in fact an undead before the fall. I'm so sorry for your loss..."

"We don't know that," he barks at Ezeran. "Cover your eyes, Waldorf. In case this goes south. Eric, stay alert, figure out where the Hel we are." Striding up to Annabelle Boomingham uses a Phoenix Essence on her.

9 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran puts a hand on the arbomancers shoulder. "There is a possibility that your loved one has become a vessel for demonic infestation and was in fact an undead before the fall. I'm so sorry for your loss..."

"Demon? What are you talking about Ezeran."

26769835838_8d218e559b_o.jpg
"Waldorf, what's wrong with me? What's going on? Everything's going... black."

"Just hold on, we'll think of something."

5 hours ago, Zepher said:

"We don't know that," he barks at Ezeran. "Cover your eyes, Waldorf. In case this goes south. Eric, stay alert, figure out where the Hel we are." Striding up to Annabelle Boomingham uses a Phoenix Essence on her.

Boomingham strides forward kneeling at the maid's side and emptying the essence upon her. Nothing happens.

26769835838_8d218e559b_o.jpg
"Waldorf... you were never late. You... you came into my... my life, exactly when I needed you. Don't sit around waiting for me to... to come back."

As the heroes watch, Annabelle's body shimmers and then turns to a pile of silvery dust. Waldorf sits quietly by the woman's remains.

"..."

14 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The two mages expend their full ether reserves of ether to dig a shaft 30 meters deep. As they do, the ground beneath them begins to shutter and shake and suddenly collapses sending the heroes, Waldorf, and Annabelle tumbling down into a giant sink hole.

39843270990_e1b0b9ee3e_o.jpg

From the light filtering down from above the heroes can see they are in a vast cavern with a multitude of tunnels leading in and out. White roots permeate the entire room and mounds of fungi are spread along the cave floor and walls. Most of the heroes had managed to land unscathed, a grouping of tall mushrooms breaking their fall. Annabelle however lays off to one side, her body broken from the plunge. Waldorf rushes over to her side.

As Germ tumbled into the hole he smacked his legs on something hard and landing slightly off. Aaaooowww my knee, and my ankle. Well I am not running any marathons any time soon. Not that I am motivated enough to even run one. That is when Germ noticed Annabelle. Well, I guess I am better off than here. 

4 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

As the heroes watch, Annabelle's body shimmers and then turns to a pile of silvery dust. Waldorf sits quietly by the woman's remains.

"..."

What is this "gray" stuff? 

Germ looks for an empty bottle to put some "silvery dust" into. 

20 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

What is this "gray" stuff? 

Germ looks for an empty bottle to put some "silvery dust" into. 

Germ recognizes the substance as pixie dust.

13 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Germ recognizes the substance as pixie dust.

Ezeran looks flabbergasted. "It can't be the fay people?" He looks to the others for answers.

1 hour ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran looks flabbergasted. "It can't be the fay people?" He looks to the others for answers.

That would explain the dead pixies we found earlier. They were getting "milked" (so to speak) to death. Of course that doesn't fully explain everything like, wouldn't be smarter to trap the pixies and continue to "milk" them. Or the ones we saw just died and their bodies was just tossed by the "plant bud". Plus, what could be controlling these bodies? Is it a ghost or something else...

Boomingham draws Scupperer as he glances around. “Dont know what that was, but she was something else than what she used to be, boy. Take a moment to say farewell again, if you need it.” He sticks his tongue in his cheek. “The Founders are supposed to be dead too.” Boomingham counts the number of tunnels leading out of the room, and tries to determine if there’s anything unique about any of them.

6 hours ago, Zepher said:

Boomingham draws Scupperer as he glances around. “Dont know what that was, but she was something else than what she used to be, boy. Take a moment to say farewell again, if you need it.” He sticks his tongue in his cheek. “The Founders are supposed to be dead too.” Boomingham counts the number of tunnels leading out of the room, and tries to determine if there’s anything unique about any of them.

Boomingham counts six tunnels at this intersection.

41668196172_6e970eb141_z.jpg

To the north, the fungus grows thick like a forest. The north east tunnel shimmers with traces of pixie dust. To the south east the white vines tangle and seem to form a tight mesh. To the south the Party can hear trickling water. The south west tunnel leads even deeper underground uncovering darkened bits of ancient architecture. The north west tunnel smells rather acrid.

"What do we think? You said that was Pixie Dust, Demon? And there were the dead pixies in the forest... looks like there's more of it that way... though just about every direction looks like it holds a secret. What do we want to prioritize? We still need to find the Oracle for Skuld, and as far as we know she's messed up in these roots. So I'm thinking either south east or north east. Though, then again," Boomingham glances over at the ancient architecture, "there's always more to uncover in this city."

Germ couldn't help but wonder wasn't he their...

I wouldn't mind checking out the ruins first. Their could be an ancient power I..we could use. But finding the Oracle might be wise...Magic 8 Compass where is this Oracle? 

Use the Magic Compass to find the Oracle 

17 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Germ couldn't help but wonder wasn't he their...

I wouldn't mind checking out the ruins first. Their could be an ancient power I..we could use. But finding the Oracle might be wise...Magic 8 Compass where is this Oracle? 

Use the Magic Compass to find the Oracle 

The compass points North

Torald, waiting for the others, decides to stick his shovel into the ground and dig a hole. 

Boomingham continues to peer over the Germ's shoulder, an act he realizes he has begun to do an awful lot. "We can look at the ground and what not later. Let's get the Oracle, already." Boomingham leads the party north, hacking through the forest with Scupperer if need be. "Drink a tonic if you haven't," he instructs the mages. "Need you ready."

I follow Boomingham, looking about me uneasily as we move forward.

On 4/27/2018 at 1:54 AM, MysticModulus said:

While the others are exploring the cavern Ezeran investigates the ground closely. 

Ezeran notes that the tunnel floor is well traveled, the ground is broken up by all manner of fungi as well as the snaking tendrils of the white roots.

On 4/27/2018 at 2:43 AM, Alfadas said:

Torald, waiting for the others, decides to stick his shovel into the ground and dig a hole. 

Torald's shovel comes up empty.

On 4/27/2018 at 11:10 AM, Zepher said:

Boomingham continues to peer over the Germ's shoulder, an act he realizes he has begun to do an awful lot. "We can look at the ground and what not later. Let's get the Oracle, already." Boomingham leads the party north, hacking through the forest with Scupperer if need be. "Drink a tonic if you haven't," he instructs the mages. "Need you ready."

40849982555_d8be110a9a_z.jpg

It doesn't take long before the heroes come across a small encampment within a spacious cavern. Rudimentary huts are carved into gigantic mushroom stalks and a dozen or so creatures in varying states of decay shamble about. On the far side of the cave, the party can see a sickly purple hemisphere of energy stretching over a body.

"They look like that zombie we fought earlier."

On 4/27/2018 at 10:07 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

40849982555_d8be110a9a_z.jpg

It doesn't take long before the heroes come across a small encampment within a spacious cavern. Rudimentary huts are carved into gigantic mushroom stalks and a dozen or so creatures in varying states of decay shamble about. On the far side of the cave, the party can see a sickly purple hemisphere of energy stretching over a body.

"They look like that zombie we fought earlier."

Not liking the possible enemies around him, Germ made sure his weapons are ready at moments notice

Should we try to talk to any of them? 

But more interested in the "green slime" thinking the Oracle is in it, Germ get closer to get a better look. 

7 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

But more interested in the "green slime" thinking the Oracle is in it, Germ get closer to get a better look. 

Germ creeps closer and sees what looks like the Oracle within the energy sphere. If he steps any closer he will probably be spotted.

Torald downs a Grand Tonic. But is she still alive? And if yes, is she wounded? and why is she in this sphere thing? 

2 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Torald downs a Grand Tonic. But is she still alive? And if yes, is she wounded? and why is she in this sphere thing?

As Germ get back to the main group, he heard Torald questions. I don't know to any of those questions, I couldn't get close enough, I just saw someone in the green thing. Come to think about it, I don't even know what the Oracle looks like. 

Should we try to capacitate some of these creatures? Germ tries to count the exact number of creatures. 

2 hours ago, Alfadas said: