Why haven't I seen this before! Amazing model, good to see you're getting back on improving this fantastic build. The video looks great, just a little warning near the end for epileptic people wouldn't harm, I don't have it but that end was going hard xD !

Will follow this with great interest, love technic non-vehicles, lights, programming, out-of-the-box thinking. Having a few different fairground rides, high grade like these, would be awesome to see at an event. If I wasn't so much into machine building right now I'ld give one a try.

ok guys..let me start with the exentric(the middle drum with the liftsystem. The.previous one  had a ticking gear. So i decide to rebuild it. An extra shockabsorber to make the lift easer, 2 paires of gear slider racks and a very sturdy housing. The drum is now a compacter and easier acces to the motor and the racks in the case the gears break.

Added will be new (red) micro leds so that is later on.

here is a photo of it

53221718480_6a3ddc7475_z.jpg

Edited by Techniccrack

Auto Run Module

Next is the rebuilding of the auto runner. It was too lumpy, to big and worked not the way i wanted.

so i rebuild it in a more efficient way.

The principle is simple. A hub on a chain is running around the device an on the way it pushes levers that operates the functions.

The challenge is to stop all the functions on the end of the chain.

53221718600_77b7b180f5_z.jpgPolyp by

53221329536_4c79a1b0cf_c.jpg

But the biggest challenge is preventing damage to the model due to incorrect timing of the functions.The motor that does the lifting of the polyp must be active for only ± 10 seconds and then stops. With only a pushlever it can not work properly,

Solved problem lift function

The polyp has a lift and the timeperiode of lifting up must be exactly te same as lifting down, otherwise is will damage the structure.

The pushlever for lifting activates a motor that pushes the lift up.

With a chain running on the runmodule it can happen that for some reason the chain is going slower through the pushlever for the lift going down i will have a problem.

The solution is 2 motors. 1 motor that lift the model and 1 motor for activate a pushbeam that rotates and set the Legoswitch back to zero. when the lift must go down, the sequece is the opposite way

here is a photo of the new run module:

53221718415_af785b11ea_c.jpg

It will be a closed device as a box, but these are the internals.

here is the pushbeam visible (1 of 3)

53221718760_1aa0b594f9_c.jpg

Edited by Techniccrack

Arm update

The issue with the wobly rotation of the crosses is solved.

Due to the universal joints it stays wobly, whatever i did.

ti got rod of those and now i used the CV joints for a small angle and a rack with 90 degree angle gears. It works awesome, very very light rotation and no wobbling anyore :)

53221522983_d93fed5bd7_z.jpg

Edited by Techniccrack

I love to see complicated mechanisms and try to figure out how they work from a photo. I posted similar photos of my Fastbale MOC knowing exactly how it works.

However, now that I see it from another perspective, nothing makes sense :pir_tong2: , so really, a video is the only way to explain anything, I've learned (just now) 

Good to know for the future.

Also yes, universal joints have a ton of slack and they don't rotate evenly, gears have much less slack and the CV joints rotate evenly, so it's a good combination.

That Auto run module seems to be a mechanical gem and from my point of view it would be a pity to hide it under a box. 

Maybe a transparent and iluminated case made from lego would be an Option? 

13 hours ago, Frequenzberater said:

That Auto run module seems to be a mechanical gem and from my point of view it would be a pity to hide it under a box. 

Maybe a transparent and iluminated case made from lego would be an Option? 

Did you visit a clairvoyant expo or something? That was my whole idea:pir-laugh:.lol