Sign in to follow this  
scheuerbeutel

Flying Dutchman "Capstan Hammer" release the Kraken mechanism

This is my version of the "Capstan Hammer" of the Flying Dutchman (cf. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gp73EZdObM)

if you want to see the mechanism in action visit https://imgur.com/a/g2uad because I cannot upload more than 0,1 MB :/

The most challenging part was to construct the inner part in such a way that it rotates along with it, but can also be lifted and falls down abruptly. In addition, the mechanism should be kept so small that it can be installed in a normally dimensioned ship.
Although the rotary movement of the hammer during lifting is not exactly the same speed as that of the capstan, I am still quite satisfied with the result.

IMG_20180110_172246.jpg

Edited by scheuerbeutel

On 1/10/2018 at 10:57 AM, scheuerbeutel said:

I cannot upload more than 0,1 MB :/

Eurobricks doesn't host images.  You're supposed to upload images to a photo upload site and share the pictures in your posts. :pir-wink: 
On Chrome, Firefox, or Opera, right-click on the image and select Copy Image Location. Then, edit your post and past the image location right in your post. 
This doesn't work for gifv files. :def_shrug: 
Youtube does embed into our posts.  If you uploaded your videos to Youtube, you could share the videos here too. 

The Kraken Capstan is really well done.  Very nice work. 
Do you hope to make the rest of the vessel? 

9 hours ago, Phred said:

The Kraken Capstan is really well done.  Very nice work. 
Do you hope to make the rest of the vessel? 

Thanks. Maybe someday, but not in the near future. I rather hope that Lego publishes the Flying Dutchman as an official set and adds a working hammer and of course the triple-barreled chase guns with a simple 1/3 rotation stepper.