Hey guys,  I recently finished my vertical sweeper module which uses Brick Separators as the main feature.  I was inspired to build this based on a module I saw in the Brickworld Virginia 2017 GBC layout video by Beyond the Brick.

It uses 2 PF motors, one to drive the conveyor belt and one to drive the "tri-sep" lift.  I spent a little bit of time trying to get it to all run off one motor using a bunch of 61903 propellor shafts to connect the drive axles but it was too jittery.  Having the conveyor use its own motor is better anyways, because i can jut pull it off the "tri-sep" and use it as a gbc module on it's own if I need to.

Please enjoy the video

Edited by Great Ball Pit
youtube embed didnt work

Good use of the brick separator.  All fun to see other uses of that useful part.  Nice work.  :classic:

Great idea, finally a use for my collection of un-used brick seperators, as I use different more effective ways to seperate technic parts.

How are they connected to the centre hub ?

Edited by Doug72

The separators are sandwiched between a 2x2 tile and, 2x2 inverted tile with a Technic Brick w/ axle hole.

4210935 4502595

They are sitting on this 3 pronged technic connector which has an axle going through the wall to the gearing.

Very nice use of the seperators.. AND the mini ball joints (mixel joints), to create the curve.... sometimes that's the hardest bit, making a curve that accurately fits whatever scoop  radius you've made.

I will post a pic/video tonight of a downward chute, I made, using Brick Separators!

15 hours ago, RohanBeckett said:

I will post a pic/video tonight of a downward chute, I made, using Brick Separators!

Thanks Rohan, I'm looking forward to seeing your use of the separators!

Module has been updated with an input hopper that is much more "standard" and reliable.  As well the module can now recirculate and only uses 1 motor now.