Plural

New factory space sets?

Just added pics in edited post above.

I guess I was being overcautious what with the 'remove all Agents pics' hoo-ha a while ago.

There are pics of the human figs, yes.

Since this has moved to a new page...

10192 - Space Skulls

10192.jpg

10191 Star Justice

10191.jpg

Edited by svelte_corps

Interesting... They look smaller than most five-digit sets. I think I see one, possibly two new heads in the Star Justice. I hope this line isn't just confined to two sets, and I hope the Space Skulls have minifigs!

Interesting... They look smaller than most five-digit sets. I think I see one, possibly two new heads in the Star Justice. I hope this line isn't just confined to two sets, and I hope the Space Skulls have minifigs!

The Brickjournal article states that there are 4 subsets in each larger set (10191, 10192) - so there are obviously pics we are yet to see before the April 16 launch.

The 2 sets are priced USD99.99/ Euro 99.99 and contain 4 models in each, with 4 minifigs (and the Star Justice line contains 4 robots as well).

At that price point, I would hope to see some larger subsets!

I still think the Skeleton look has been done to death in a lot of other themes, and the Star Justice is less classic space than what people might have hoped for. Ie, classic space fans seem to prefer closed, airtight sets (like real space vehicles/ stations) and neither of these smaller sets fit the bill.

Edited by svelte_corps

By looking at that silhouette we know from the Factory page I somehow doubt that this

thrilling outcome should be all.... Fancy new space dresses, nevertheless.... X-D

BTW, I really like that dish/t piece/mechanical arm gadget on that little sweetie.... *y*

Let

Thanks, I like them, they're different, I just hope there are bigger sets too. I love the clean look of them.

To the Bricksignal! >:-)

:-/

I dunno...Cafe Corner, Market Street, and the trains didn't look like someone's MOC...but these...

I'll have to reserve further judgment until I see it all and in context.

But I can tell you that I was WAY more excited by the images of the 3 new Mars Mission sets for this summer. :-$

A beautiful creation... how much would that be as an official set? Into the hundreds, maybe 2 or 3?

I'm guessing into the thousands. That build is considerably larger than anything LEGO has sold to the public to date. Such a monstrosity (in size, not appearance) would cost a small fortune. UCS sets are certainly larger than the average LEGO model, but alot of fan created MOCs dwarf even the Millennium Falcon. This ship looks to be easily twice the Falcon's size and piece count.

The Brickjournal article states that there are 4 subsets in each larger set (10191, 10192) - so there are obviously pics we are yet to see before the April 16 launch.

The 2 sets are priced USD99.99/ Euro 99.99 and contain 4 models in each, with 4 minifigs (and the Star Justice line contains 4 robots as well).

At that price point, I would hope to see some larger subsets!

I still think the Skeleton look has been done to death in a lot of other themes, and the Star Justice is less classic space than what people might have hoped for. Ie, classic space fans seem to prefer closed, airtight sets (like real space vehicles/ stations) and neither of these smaller sets fit the bill.

Honestly you've seen, in the pics, less than half of what's in the box. While you may feel the skeleton has been done to death, it easily communicates OOO EVIL and contains lotsa useful building bits to make. As to classic space fans preferring closed airtight sets, you're right, and you'll get that. Classic Space sets we loved also had open cockpits. It's part of the genre. (so are "open back" bases and such)

I hope you guys give these sets a look, we really think you'll like them.

The color scheme of the minifigs remind me of the dress in the first Star Trek movie.

mcoym.jpg

star-trek-motion-picture.jpg

HAHAHAHA! sweet.

Honestly you've seen, in the pics, less than half of what's in the box. While you may feel the skeleton has been done to death, it easily communicates OOO EVIL and contains lotsa useful building bits to make. As to classic space fans preferring closed airtight sets, you're right, and you'll get that. Classic Space sets we loved also had open cockpits. It's part of the genre. (so are "open back" bases and such)

But this is Eurobricks! We reserve the right to make sweeping statements about whole lines based on a few pics. See also: Agents preliminaries.

:-)

Honestly you've seen, in the pics, less than half of what's in the box.
That's what I was hoping. *sweet* I can't wait to see the rest of the pics. Are these sets more like Market Street (in that almost every thing is used) or the Train Factory set (in that none of the MOCs use most of the parts)?

But this is Eurobricks! We reserve the right to make sweeping statements about whole lines based on a few pics. See also: Agents preliminaries.

Hey! Speak for yourself! |-/

Those both look...to put it simply, terrible. Sorry. *n*

CloneCommando, the person who designed the set is trying to participate in the conversation. Let's show our true EB spirit and be welcoming and constructive with our comments, okay? Thanks. :-)

That is not how we do things here. I see you are joking but lets be careful about what we are saying. Thanks. :-)

Just seeing the small ship and base, I'm really jazzed for Space Justice. Good work, guys.

I'm gonna need to see more of Space Skulls. The, whatever that is, leaves me numb. Is it a vehicle, a robot beast? It's definitely novel. I guess I wanna see the minifigs and how they relate to ships.

I'm confused about something, though. Are the Space Skulls and Star Justice sets all sold together for $100, or are they sold separately for $100 each?

Edited by KDog

BTW, do the Star Justice minifigs have skull designs on their torsos? Like the Punisher? That's weird, if they're fighting the Space Skulls.

I hope you guys give these sets a look, we really think you'll like them.

Since you and Mark Sandlin, I guess, were pretty involved.... they

That is not how we do things here.

I thought he was making a joke :-/

Anyway, thanks for that information Admiral Giddens, I very much look forward to other pics of alternates and larger bits. The minifigs look nice and I'm sure we'll all be very impressed with the work in them, thankyou :-)

Batbrick Away! >:-)

I thought he was making a joke :-/

Thank you Batbrick, I realize that. But after the previous tension in the thread, I thought the joke was poorly placed. Any more questions about it, please PM me...

That is not how we do things here.

You're right...

Stormtroopers! Those sets need about 2 dozen Stormtroopers each...and Tauntauns deino2.gif

But, I'm glad that's not it and I'm delighted to hear about the possibility of open-backed bases and more small open space scooters. (Sadly almost all Classic Space Minifigs were killed in some manner of micrometeor strike)

I'm still curious as to the Minifigs (if any) that make up the rank of the Space Skulls.

All I have to say is SWEET! All those hinges and trans red pieces in the Space skulls look excellent for Mocs in LDD! Plus the Star justice is starting to look like classic space to me! :'-)

Sure thats a sweet ship but its nothing else than a ripp off of the classic Arcadia in more obtrusive colours |-/

I prefer to think of it as an "homage." I was not trying to "ripp off" captain Harlock. I watched it on TV when I was a kid, so it was a fun inspiration for a large ship.

Anyway, hi everyone. I had a bit of registration problem this morning, so I've been unable to log in and comment until now.

Chris has handled the comments fine thus far. There's a lot more to see, and honestly I think they could have chosen better photos for the Brickjournal article, but maybe that's what they gave Joe to work with.

There are 2 more vehicles for the Skulls and 2 more for Justice that are not shown in the photos. We tried to give the vehicles some good play value, and honestly I think the ones you haven't seen yet will be the ones you like more.

I know some have felt the Skullmecha isn't original enough, but it's a bigger, more deluxe version of my Deathskull that I created a few years ago, and LDD had the appropriate parts to make it possible.

Anyway, there's more to come, and I think you'll enjoy it. *skull*

Couldn't agree more. Apparently there's a lot more to come, and I can't wait. As for the colors, they're supposed to be retro and simple, and they work for me. I just wish there was a SLAM in it :-P

Honestly guys, let's wait until we see everything before passing judgment on the whole thing. I just hope they'll continue the line to allow for some more classic PCS ships. Maybe this was EF's replacement?

That is not how we do things here. I see you are joking but lets be careful about what we are saying. Thanks. :-)

Sorry - I wasn't being nasty, I was trying to make light of the tendency to prejudge on a small number of preliminary pics when I became aware the designers were involved in this thread. I wasn't meaning to insult eurobricks generally or any of its members.

I was just as excited to see the first pics as anyone - which is why I posted them in the first place as soon as I saw them :-)

Anyway, we can only judge on what we have seen. I appreciate what the designers have said, and maybe Brickjournal could have used better pics - but I definitely look forward to seeing the rest. ;-)

Edited by svelte_corps

Sorry - I wasn't being nasty, I was trying to make light of the tendency to prejudge on a small number of preliminary pics when I became aware the designers were involved in this thread. I wasn't meaning to insult eurobricks generally or any of its members.

I was just as excited to see the first pics as anyone - which is why I posted them in the first place as soon as I saw them :-)

Anyway, we can only judge on what we have seen. I appreciate what the designers have said, and maybe Brickjournal could have used better pics - but I definitely look forward to seeing the rest. ;-)

Thank you for responding. :-) I do know you were joking. Please don't think that I'm upset with you at all.

True, we can only judge by what we've seen so far, so I wonder when we'll get the rest of the pics! *wub* So far, I'm happy that these are well built and use a lot of unique pieces. It'll be nice to see how many new pieces we get through PAB. I do get a nice Classic feel from these so far and I like the skull mech a lot. I'll reserve any constructive criticism I have for when we get more pics! (hint hint) X-D