Sign in to follow this  
TitusV

[Lay-Out] Castle at Brickmania Antwerp 2017

Before starting, let's take a look at the line-up for the castle section!

• @Captain Braunsfeld: known as head of the semi-secret monkey-cult over in the pirate section of this forum, but also an experienced castle-builder
  • @Captain Green Hair: even more famous in the pirates section, but built something for our part as well. A ship, of course!
  • @swords: new to this forum, but not to all BeLUG-members who think of castles every now and then
  • @Exetrius: Nocturnian to the bone, he just had to get some piece of the Darklands in there
  • @Faladrin: brought a castle, took the pictures. How dedicated can one be?
  • @kabel: pretty dedicated, it seems: this regulator sent his MOCs all the way down from Germany
  • @TitusVyours truly and organisator of the lay-out
  • There were some changes regarding the previous edition, with the surface coming down from 84m² to 42m², and we also split the lay-out between the three parts: western, castle and a lot of pirates. Overall organisation was in the trustworthy hands of @Maxim I. You can check out all the ships here!

(due to a lack of coordination (I know, my bad!), there is no general picture with the whole lay-out viewable. I'm sorry! Luckily, we've got Faladrin's images to show you the MOCs. Thanks, Faladrin!) Anyway, here you go!

Though the cowboys are still setting up, our castle section is ready for the weekend!

38850135121_2885a4f14e_h.jpg

A good view on the main village and castle, swords's part of the lay-out

24977470738_e49c7ff103_h.jpg

And another castle, this one by the lord photographer himself

38818654132_6864169e6d_h.jpg

The ice on the cake must be this Mitgardian castle by Captain B. The accompanying Vikings are from the other Captain in our team

38818662812_00c273621f_h.jpg

However, these raiders are not free to pillage and burn as they wish. I fear the pirate lay-out won't get the monoploy on seabatlles :pir_laugh2:

38850219541_d0b97ae5e6_h.jpg

As said before, someone just had to sneek a tiny piece of Nocturnus into our lay-out :knight:

37962942245_4322613395_h.jpg

And lastly, there's this coastal village. As tradition demands it, a collaboration by kabel and myself :classic: You can see that we're getting closer to the pirate section already!

38159043614_029efeea56_h.jpg

Thanks for looking, I hope to update this thread if I find better images!

Edited by TitusV

I'm just a regulator, not a mod! Can one of you also upload some pics of the Western layout?

31 minutes ago, kabel said:

I'm just a regulator, not a mod! Can one of you also upload some pics of the Western layout?

Oops...

I fear I don't have any, but maybe @Maxim I has?

The castle and Western wasn’t calculated in the 34 m2 :p

in total with all included we had 42m2 :)

maybe I got some extra pics for you

Cool, a thread! Speaking of dedication, @TitusV, thanks for gathering the pics and providing them with some quality context! @Faladrin, I'm thankful for your sharp images! The ones I took were so vague that they could pass for impressionist paintings... :snicker: Thanks to all of you for being such great company!

Btw, I expect to be posting white-background pics of my build in GoH before the end of the year, so spare your comments! :tongue:

@swords Glad you joined, man! Welcome! :sweet:

Looks very good, each picture delivers more details, I liked you could collaborate and every builder adds its unique flavor to the overall medieval experience. :classic:

On 6-12-2017 at 9:07 PM, Maxim I said:

The castle and Western wasn’t calculated in the 34 m2 :p

in total with all included we had 42m2 :)

maybe I got some extra pics for you

Ow, that's even cooler! Thanks!

On 6-12-2017 at 9:35 PM, Exetrius said:

Cool, a thread! Speaking of dedication, @TitusV, thanks for gathering the pics and providing them with some quality context! @Faladrin, I'm thankful for your sharp images! The ones I took were so vague that they could pass for impressionist paintings... :snicker: Thanks to all of you for being such great company!

Btw, I expect to be posting white-background pics of my build in GoH before the end of the year, so spare your comments! :tongue:

@swords Glad you joined, man! Welcome! :sweet:

You're welcome! :grin: 

I'll awaiting the topic with intrest than!

On 6-12-2017 at 9:53 PM, Niku said:

Looks very good, each picture delivers more details, I liked you could collaborate and every builder adds its unique flavor to the overall medieval experience. :classic:

Thanks Niku, glad you liked it!

8 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I think we got a pretty good and inspiring bunch of build together - it was great being at BrickMania Antwerpen again! :grin:

Aye, it certainly was great, but I want to go even greater for next year's edition...

13 hours ago, TitusV said:

Aye, it certainly was great, but I want to go even greater for next year's edition...

count me in! (in case I get that roof problem fixed)

2 hours ago, kabel said:

count me in! (in case I get that roof problem fixed)

You've got one year left to find a solution, that should be doable I think!

Great, who's with us? :wink: