Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR-CVIA] Basecamp

Type: Medium Commercial

38839690331_3bd433804a_z.jpgJameston Basecamp by North White, on Flickr

Agnes awoke with a start at a table full of papers.

23974537347_77420ba423_z.jpgJameston Basecamp by North White, on Flickr

"What the? How the $#@$# did I get here?" She asked angrily

"Good morning!" Said Pete Zanzibar "I'm glad to see you've come too." 

"You didn't answer the question, you pinstriped idiot." Agnes muttered.

"Well.... after you left the gunpowder factory, you walked into a pineapple tree. You then challenged it to a duel, and blew it up with TNT." Said Pete

"And?"

"Well, then you tried to rob a general store with a stick."

"And?" 

"And we realized it would just be easier to buy out the store, and set up headquarters there, and let you think you robbed the place."

"Oh."

38808950482_608f9394c0_z.jpgJameston Basecamp by North White, on Flickr

"So, anyways, the elites are all here, and we're going to go find that fabled orchard." Said Pete

"Wait, who's running things in Mesabi Landing?" Asked Agnes

27062894809_1ac73f5f86_z.jpgJameston Basecamp by North White, on Flickr

Pete stopped smiling. "Him." He said quietly.

"Oh." Said Agnes. "Well then, let's get this show on the road."

38839690181_0471de65ec_z.jpgJameston Basecamp by North White, on Flickr

FIN

Thanks for viewing my entry into Challenge 6! As usual, I'm the first to post :pir-laugh:. I really tried to imitate @Ayrlego's style with this build. I probably failed, but I'm happy with the amount of texture I put into the build. C&C appreciated!

More pictures

Spoiler

Nice work Mesabi, I like the red ground level and how you have incorporated in the light bley masonry bricks and your interior is packed with detail as usual (if you were truly imitating my style there is no way you would put that much work into an interior!). The cart is a nice touch and I like all the troops sitting around on the first level of the interior. Nice work all round and it fits nicely into Jameston.

Now that the WTC has multiple members, multiple ships (even if some are currently held by pirates Sea Rats) and a couple of warehouses at different locations (not to mention factories etc.) maybe you need to build a HQ and apply for TC status!

Ooooh, nice. Very nice indeed!

You clearly have put a lot of effort into this, and it shows! All the textures and colours on the front work well, the overall impression is... well, very "Jameston"! The Nexoknight sign is a great detail (something I will incorporate into some of my future builds). The plants on the side (again, very clean and Corrish) add a lot, as does your signature palmtree (:pir-grin:). For a short moment I wanted to say "add more structure to the road!", but then I checked the first image again. No, there is no need for more on the ground, since the open space is used well with the cart and the Sepoys - another excellent nod to the location in Jameston.

No the inside... lovely again. The minifig placement is good, and the whole place is "alive". I like it a lot. Same for the story, you really have a great humour and writing style. I am already looking forward to the next build and story of yours!

Nice lively scene, great story as always. The top floor, especially the middle, draws the eye in on the nexo shield. The arches and placement of the riled bricks, combined with shield, are very good. As well as the interior color scheme, combined with the upstairs railing (most visible in the last picture).