Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

1 hour ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

From what we know about the sets there is no information of a hulk figure, only of a bruce banner one. Kind of werid, no? We had 2 hulks in the AoU line, and no hulk in this 6 sets? There better be one in the 7th set or in the d2c.

The wave is probably not complete with these 6 sets, some set numbers are missing, so we can imagine there are a few more sets to be revealed later, maybe because they contain major spoiler.

24 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Winter Soldier, War Machine, Wong, Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye needs to be in the 7th set or D2C

I agree. I'd probably push for Wong, Fury and Hulk as well

1 hour ago, CedBricks said:

The wave is probably not complete with these 6 sets, some set numbers are missing, so we can imagine there are a few more sets to be revealed later, maybe because they contain major spoiler.

I’m pretty sure we are just getting 8 Sets (six retail, one exclusive, one d2c) we would have heard something by now if there was something 

34 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Winter Soldier, War Machine, Wong, Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye needs to be in the 7th set or D2C

If the set is playset like I can’t believe I’m saying this but assault on Hoth, I could see us getting a ton of minifigures for a compound or final battle. But if it’s a helicarrier like set, we will get probably one or 2 exclusives but mostly repeats 

Just picked up 76100 for 20% off at my local Target. They hadn’t been put on the shelves yet. Can’t wait to build it, my local movie theater just began pre-sales for Black Panther as well!

so 76105 and 76106 are missing and the hope is they are are additional sets. Forgive my ignorance but I'm not versed in lego's numbering methods: Would a retail exclusive be numbered normally or would it use a number outside the normal sets, like the D2C sets do?

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’m pretty sure we are just getting 8 Sets (six retail, one exclusive, one d2c) we would have heard something by now if there was something

In terms of D2C;

• The Sanctum is cheaper and includes four figures & a Big Fig

In terms of the mentioned retail exclusive set;

• AOU; Hydra Fortress Smash included Four figures & Big Fig Hulk
  • Civil War; Tanker Truck Takedown included Four Figures

So honestly I'm expecting that we'll get eight figures via these two sets.

Just now, grimmfreak said:

so 76105 and 76106 are missing and the hope is they are are additional sets. Forgive my ignorance but I'm not versed in lego's numbering methods: Would a retail exclusive be numbered normally or would it use a number outside the normal sets, like the D2C sets do?

Looking at previous retail exclusives;

• Hydra Fortress Smash was 76041, which was closer to the Ant-Man set and the Helicarrier D2C
  • Tanker Truck Takedown was 76067, which was a bit of a distance number-wise away from the Civil War sets being grouped consecutively with the Might Micro's.

As such numbers are not as reliable at knowing retailer exclusives - most the time they are outside the normal set numbers by a little. Brickset currently lists 76105 as an Infinity War set... so it could be a retailer set, or the D2C... or simply an error on the system. We should see leaks for most the sets in a week or so now which should tide us over until we hear more about the retailer exclusive and D2C.

5 hours ago, Scarilian said:

A lot of people expected more figures in most the big sets. I would guess that in order to allocate budget to include the D2C they either needed to reduce the figures or they redistributed the figures to spread it out into the D2C.

I'm going to do quite a massive deconstruction of what to expect, so the working out will be in the spoiler tag for space :P

Hide contents

Either way, here are the confirmed figures we have (in bold)

Earth Characters (11/22)

• Iron Man (2 Variants)
  • Captain America
  • Thor
  • Black Widow
  • Bruce Banner
  • Falcon
  • Spider-man
  • Black Panther
  • Shuri
  • Doctor Strange
  • Vision
  • Wong
  • Okoye
  • Winter Soldier
  • War Machine
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Maria Hill
  • Ned Leeds
  • Loki
  • M'Baku
  • Ant-Man
  • Hawkeye

Space Characters (4/8)

• Star Lord
  • Gamora
  • Rocket Raccoon
  • Groot
  • Drax
  • Nebula
  • Mantis
  • The Collector

Main Villains (6/6)

• Thanos
  • Black Dwarf/Cull Obsidian
  • Proxima Midnight
  • Corvus Glaive
  • Ebony Maw
  • Outrider (Same version in multiple sets)

Ignoring any surprise reveals, we are missing 14 characters in Lego form in this wave of Infinity War sets so far;

1. Wong
  2. Okoye
  3. Winter Soldier
  4. War Machine
  5. Scarlet Witch
  6. Maria Hill
  7. Ned Leeds
  8. Loki
  9. M'Baku
  10. Nebula
  11. Mantis
  12. The Collector
  13. Drax
  14. Ant-Man
  15. Hawkeye

From that list, Okoye and Loki were released recently so no real need for a re-release. Loki could possibly get one but we dont know how involved the character is in the movie to justify it. This drops the remaining figure list to 12;

1. Wong
  2. Winter Soldier
  3. War Machine
  4. Scarlet Witch
  5. Maria Hill
  6. Ned Leeds
  7. M'Baku
  8. Nebula
  9. Mantis
  10. The Collector
  11. Drax
  12. Ant-Man
  13. Hawkeye

In terms of importance that we know of so far; M'Baku and Ned Leeds are minor characters reducing the chances of getting them further. I expect both will be used simply to establish what Black Panther and Peter Parker have been up to respectively before Infinity War or will be used to set-up the events afterwards. As such i dont think we'll see either of these get a figure as both have a chance to get a figure in future movies more focused on the characters.

1. Wong
  2. Winter Soldier
  3. War Machine
  4. Scarlet Witch
  5. Maria Hill
  6. Nebula
  7. Mantis
  8. The Collector
  9. Drax
  10. Ant-Man
  11. Hawkeye

The Collector and Maria Hill were both previously difficult to acquire, the Collector being an SDCC exclusive for 2014 while Maria Hill was exclusive to the Helicarrier. These two are admittedly the least likely to get a re-release due to them both being fairly minor characters likely not having as large a role in Infinity War. Ant-Man seems to have a minor role in the movie given the lack of appearance in the marketing, though they may be attempting to hide the characters involvement due to a role the character plays.

As such that leaves my final list of expected figures as the following;

1. Wong
  2. Winter Soldier
  3. War Machine
  4. Scarlet Witch
  5. Nebula
  6. Mantis
  7. Drax
  8. Hawkeye

After the calculations above my final expectations for the remaining figures we will get are;

1. Wong (New Figure, given we have not had this character before)
  2. Winter Soldier (Would likely be a repeated figure of the Civil War variant just with an arm without the star)
  3. War Machine (Would likely be a repeated figure of the Civil War variant just with a shoulder cannon)
  4. Scarlet Witch (Would likely be a repeated figure of the Civil War variant)
  5. Nebula (New Variant, given neither of the prior versions would match)
  6. Mantis (Would likely be a repeated figure of the GOTG2 version)
  7. Drax (Could either be a repeat or a new variant)
  8. Hawkeye (Could either be a repeat or a new variant)

Scarlet Witch should not be a CW repeat. She appears to have differently colored hair in this movie and she’s wearing a green jacket, nothing like the red trench coat outfit she wore during the airport battle. 

I think the missing set numbers are curious. Maybe they’re two Infinity War sets releasing over the summer because they have spoilers? I think we need a leaker like @just2good to weigh in about this and the rumored 7th exclusive set. Has that been confirmed?

1 minute ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Scarlet Witch should not be a CW repeat. She appears to have differently colored hair in this movie and she’s wearing a green jacket, nothing like the red trench coat outfit she wore during the airport battle.

I think the green jacket look is only for a specific few scenes involving Vision and that if she is included in the D2C or potential retailer exclusive it might be based on a later scene in the movie.

4 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I think the missing set numbers are curious. Maybe they’re two Infinity War sets releasing over the summer because they have spoilers? I think we need a leaker like @just2good to weigh in about this and the rumored 7th exclusive set. Has that been confirmed?

I dont think it has been confirmed, though i remember seeing a Youtube video where the retailer exclusive set was mentioned. I believe the video mentioning it was posted here. The retailer exclusive could contain spoilers like Tanker Truck Takedown (likely hidden due to Spider-man's appearance) or it may simply be an unexplained reason like Hydra Fortress Smash. The D2C is likely based off either an iconic aspect or an important aspect of Infinity War - either way it'll likely be revealed slightly later. If i remember correctly the Helicarrier was the last D2C and they kind of made a big deal out of that, so potentially the same will happen with this one... i dont know ><

Part of me is hoping that this is the D2C just due to sheer insane awesomeness;

122c0f8bd004e3d7a420239ece5b4025.jpg

11 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Amazon has Royal Talon Fighter (76100) for $23.99, or 20% off. I know ToysRUs and Target will match this price for anyone interested.

Update: it now says the reduced 20% off :) (anyone who didn't read my first comment, it didn't show the reduced price for me at first)

Edited by TurnOffTheDark

Just now, Scarilian said:

I think the green jacket look is only for a specific few scenes involving Vision and that if she is included in the D2C or potential retailer exclusive it might be based on a later scene in the movie.

I dont think it has been confirmed, though i remember seeing a Youtube video where the retailer exclusive set was mentioned. I believe the video mentioning it was posted here. The retailer exclusive could contain spoilers like Tanker Truck Takedown (likely hidden due to Spider-man's appearance) or it may simply be an unexplained reason like Hydra Fortress Smash. The D2C is likely based off either an iconic aspect or an important aspect of Infinity War - either way it'll likely be revealed slightly later. If i remember correctly the Helicarrier was the last D2C and they kind of made a big deal out of that, so potentially the same will happen with this one... i dont know ><

I think the biggest contenders for the D2C are Avengers Academy and a UCS style Quinjet. Also, we haven’t seen Scarlet Witch wearing anything except that jacket- she wears it in the scenes filmed in Scotland as well as in Wakanda when Vision is behind bars. I don’t know if she has a different outfit but I’d expect her figure to be wearing the most prominent outfit from the marketing so far. 

Just now, Scarilian said:

I think Thanos will have something like this in the final battle in the movie, I think he is gonna rise from his throne and strike that clenching fist infinity gauntlet pose we've seen in the trailer, it'll be a great opportunity to get a remold of Thanos too

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I dont think it has been confirmed, though i remember seeing a Youtube video where the retailer exclusive set was mentioned. I believe the video mentioning it was posted here. The retailer exclusive could contain spoilers like Tanker Truck Takedown (likely hidden due to Spider-man's appearance) or it may simply be an unexplained reason like Hydra Fortress Smash. The D2C is likely based off either an iconic aspect or an important aspect of Infinity War - either way it'll likely be revealed slightly later. If i remember correctly the Helicarrier was the last D2C and they kind of made a big deal out of that, so potentially the same will happen with this one... idont know ><

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I posted that video inyoutube in talk a few pages back, He says "he believe" this is not all of the sets ( 6 retail sets ) that we're going to get "there will be 2 more". As I remember he also said that way back to give us the hints we're getting Tanker Truck Takedown, no confirmation on what's coming we just speculate there will be Spidey and we got it. @just2good know it's coming, but don't know what is it. 

In addition to that, my source also said there will be a 7th set and a D2C, but don't quote me on that. 

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

If i remember correctly the Helicarrier was the last D2C and they kind of made a big deal out of that, so potentially the same will happen with this one... i dont know ><

The Helicarrier has been the only D2C for Marvel. It was announced January 29, 2015 and released February 17, 2015, if I remember correctly. This was to coincide with the Age of Ultron sets, yet came out even earlier (for VIP Members). The film released May 1, 2015. 

However, the Helicarrier included only the new variants of characters for the wave, and displayed no notable spoilers for the movie.

2 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

The Helicarrier has been the only D2C for Marvel. It was announced January 29, 2015 and released February 17, 2015, if I remember correctly. This was to coincide with the Age of Ultron sets, yet came out even earlier (for VIP Members). The film released May 1, 2015. 

However, the Helicarrier included only the new variants of characters for the wave, and displayed no notable spoilers for the movie.

That’s why I think the compound is what we will probably end up getting. That way there are no big spoilers for infinity war. Unlike the helicarrier my guess is we don’t see the d2c until February with no early access 

16 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That’s why I think the compound is what we will probably end up getting. That way there are no big spoilers for infinity war. Unlike the helicarrier my guess is we don’t see the d2c until February with no early access 

There’s definitely no early access, unless it comes out in April and the early access starts from mid-March. The February store calendar doesn’t show any “VIPs get exclusive access to a new set” event. 

6 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Which Black Panther minifigure is being used in the IW sets

I've seen it. From the Royal Talon set.

Do we have any idea what the D2C is to be because by the sounds of it I'd say the Sanctum is more of a $160 set?

Edited by Legoman123

24 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Do we have any idea what the D2C is to be because by the sounds of it I'd say the Sanctum is more of a $160 set?

The Sanctum is $100 and not the D2C. If it was then we wouldn’t have heard this much information about it and we definitely would not have seen so many leaked figures. 

20 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Shweet thanks

The number of old (re-used) figs for IW is really disappointing:

- Rocket R.
- Star-Lord
- Vision
- Bruce Banner (still need a solid confirm on this)
- Black Panther (granted its a "newer" variant, but still its a re-do from his Movie set)
- Doctor Strange (yeah he gets a new hairpiece -- big whoop -- everything else is identical)

Edited by agoodfella77

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The Sanctum is $100 and not the D2C. If it was then we wouldn’t have heard this much information about it and we definitely would not have seen so many leaked figures. 

The D2C will probably be Sancturay 2 or Xandar or the teleporter/circle in the sky thing

Just now, agoodfella77 said:

The number of old (re-used) figs for IW is really disappointing:

- Groot
- Star-Lord
- Vision
- Bruce Banner (still need a solid confirm on this)
- Black Panther (granted its a "newer" variant, but still its a re-do from his Movie set)
- Doctor Strange (yeah he gets a new hairpiece -- big whoop -- everything else is identical)

Groot isn't reused. Rocket is though

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

The D2C will probably be Sancturay 2 or Xandar or the teleporter/circle in the sky thing

Groot isn't reused. Rocket is though

Right I meant Rocket. Thanks for the correction. I will edit now.