Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Picked up another 2016 Sanctum Sanctorum for $15 from Target today. Might use it for parts to add on to the new set, but at any rate now I’ve got a second Cloak of Levitation to put on the IW Strange figure!

The second cloak is a great idea, I saw the set for $20 and considered buying it, but clearly didn’t think it through.

4 years. 4 YEARS! And we finally have a casual Gamora. I am so happy right now

Also at least theres one new figure that I won't see any more leg printing complaints on

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:
Attack of Riders (76101)
Minifigures include: Captain America, Black Widow, Outriders, Space Stone
The Search for Thor’s Weapon (76102)
Minifigures include: Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Thor, Power Stone
Corvus Glaive Attacks (76103)
Minifigures include: Corvus Glaive, Vision, Black Panther, Shuri, Mind Stone
The Hulkbuster Fight (76104)
Minifigures include: Proxima Midnight, Falcon, Hulk/Bruce Banner, Soul Stone
Thanos: The Last Battle (76107)
Minifigures include: Thanos, Iron Man, Star Lord, Gamora
The Battle in the Sanctum Sanctorum (76108)
Minifigures include: Cull Obsidian, Ebony Maw, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, Spider-Man

These are all the figs that has been mentioned in the sets. 

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I think the main ones we’re missing are Nebula, Scarlet Witch, Winter Soldier, Ant-Man, Hawkeye, War Machine, Mantis, and Drax. 

The D2C is not listed yet. I dont think there is a need for Ant-Man or War Machine to get another figure for Infinity War as they look the same as the previous figures and (in the case of Ant-Man) have another movie with potential tie-in Lego sets coming out later in the year.

I'd be willing to bet that we'll see Nebula and Drax among others in the D2C - likely along with a surprise character that they do not wish to reveal until closer to the movie's release.

Just now, Scarilian said:

The D2C is not listed yet. I dont think there is a need for Ant-Man or War Machine to get another figure for Infinity War as they look the same as the previous figures and (in the case of Ant-Man) have another movie with potential tie-in Lego sets coming out later in the year.

I'd be willing to bet that we'll see Nebula and Drax among others in the D2C - likely along with a surprise character that they do not wish to reveal until closer to the movie's release.

Yeah, I’m holding out hope for a new Scarlet Witch either unlisted in the descriptions or in the D2C. It would be weird to make Vision and not her considering how close the two will become in the movie. I wouldn’t be opposed to the D2C being a large playset of the ruined red planet with maybe a vehicle included, but it sounds like the Last Battle set is already covering that scene. I would adore an Avengers Academy set but I don’t know how the figures we’re missing would fit into that. 

36 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

War Machine definitely looks like he had a new armour in the trailer. One without a shoulder canon

54 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, I’m holding out hope for a new Scarlet Witch either unlisted in the descriptions or in the D2C. It would be weird to make Vision and not her considering how close the two will become in the movie. I wouldn’t be opposed to the D2C being a large playset of the ruined red planet with maybe a vehicle included, but it sounds like the Last Battle set is already covering that scene. I would adore an Avengers Academy set but I don’t know how the figures we’re missing would fit into that. 

Don't cross out the red planet yet.

Remember that Civil War wave? A special release (4th set) Tanker truck takedown which is an extension of the airport battle, though it won't be a D2C, still we have info that we are indeed getting a 7th set, which is an exclusive.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

I get your point, I'm just listing down the retail sets that we just have.

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Don't cross out the red planet yet.

Remember that Civil War wave? A special release (4th set) Tanker truck takedown which is an extension of the airport battle, though it won't be a D2C, still we have info that we are indeed getting a 7th set, which is an exclusive.

I get your point, I'm just listing down the retail sets that we just have.

What?? We’re getting a 7th retail exclusive set? I thought that was just random speculation and not based on any real rumors. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

What?? We’re getting a 7th retail exclusive set? I thought that was just random speculation and not based on any real rumors. 

Actually J2G covered that in his video, and my source also confirms it. I have faith in them.

8 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Actually J2G covered that in his video, and my source also confirms it. I have faith in them.

Which video? I have complete faith in @just2good so if he said anything about a 7th retail exclusive set I definitely believe him. 

1 minute ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Which video? I have complete faith in @just2good so if he said anything about a 7th retail exclusive set I definitely believe him. 

Here ya go: 

He's the only person who actually mentioned the 4th civil war set before, that's why I really believe him.

12 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Here ya go: 

He's the only person who actually mentioned the 4th civil war set before, that's why I really believe him.

Me too. Maybe he’ll confirm that we are getting more than 6 sets and the D2C later on.

7 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:
The Hulkbuster Fight (76104)
Minifigures include: Proxima Midnight, Falcon, Hulk/Bruce Banner, Soul Stone

For this set description, it also mentions a six-armed enemy (Outrider). It does not mention the Hulk, only Banner in the Hulkbuster.

First of all, I'd like to wish you all a happy new year.

Second, I'd like to express how much I like the new Gamora. She finally has an accurate costume, as well as leg printing (a rarity for this range).

50 minutes ago, ood0 said:

First of all, I'd like to wish you all a happy new year.

Second, I'd like to express how much I like the new Gamora. She finally has an accurate costume, as well as leg printing (a rarity for this range).

Happy New Year all!

For those that have seen the Gamora next to the other fig (in orange), I can confirm this is Shuri.

I know there have been reports that this is a fig from the Han Solo set (which might be true) but nonetheless it is Shuri.

6 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

For those that have seen the Gamora next to the other fig (in orange), I can confirm this is Shuri.

Terrific, thank you! Too bad I deleted the original images I had of her :sad:

42 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

Happy New Year all!

I know there have been reports that this is a fig from the Han Solo set (which might be true) but nonetheless it is Shuri.

Well that’s disappointing. This wave seems to be the first marvel wave that could have better builds than minifigures

25 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well that’s disappointing. This wave seems to be the first marvel wave that could have better builds than minifigures

Well, what happened now that you think the builds won't be better than the minifigs? You have not seen the builds yet.

8 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

Well, what happened now that you think the builds won't be better than the minifigs? You have not seen the builds yet.

Re-read what they said :P

25 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

I have not that’s why I said could be. You look at the largest retail set. The sanctum sounds like an amazing build for 100$. With the 4 minifigures that we have seen so far, it seems the build could be better then the minifigures. I know people have complained a lot about the minifigures for this wave, so I image people liking the builds more then the figures 

You'll love the Sanctum Sanctorum set, even if you're not a big Strange fan, but the components it has. Figs alone are awesome, I know there are some flaws on those figs but all of the figs are new except Strange ( just getting a new hair ) plus a big fig. 

2 hours ago, Savage Oppress said:

is it worth it to get the new Black Panther sets for an Black Panther minifigure, or should I wait till the Infinity War sets release?

Depends on what figure of Infinity War set will be.. Personally I'm actually thinking to just buy atleast one of the sets of BP ( can't decide yet which to get, maybe you can help me guys ) or I'll probably wait on what suit will be include in the IW set.

49 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

I was shown some details about some of the upcoming sets, and atleast this Sanctum won't disappoint you. 

13 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

It's officially January 1, 2018 everyone!! That means we are exactly 2 months away from getting our hands on the infinity war sets :)

Could be more early, so yeap I'm happy. I won't be surprised if in the middle of February it will start appearing in some areas (Russia/ Japan etcetc)