Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Infinity Gauntlet looks like a complete mess. It needs to hold six stones, it has room for four on the front (rather than five) so that means the other two must be hidden on the sides so it's going to look a bit odd when wielded or displayed.

Unless Lego forgot that there were six Infinity Stones considering we only see mentions of five Infinity Stones in the set descriptions; Space (76101), Unknown (76102), Mind (76103), Soul (76104), Time (76108) - unless the Last Battle set includes the sixth stone.

The Gauntlet could have also done with more printing - i would have given up Thanos's sword in favor of a better gauntlet

1 hour ago, tonif430 said:

Are we getting a new Milano in the new wave?

- Thanos; The Last Battle has some kind of spaceship which the Guardians Of The Galaxy use - it may not be the Milano though.
- The unknown D2C could be the Milano

Though at the moment we've no confirmation, so would go with 'no' for the moment.

Avengers 4 sets or Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 sets may give us a new Milano regardless so we'll probably see it again.

Edited by Scarilian

1 minute ago, Scarilian said:

Infinity Gauntlet looks like a complete mess. It needs to hold six stones, it has room for four on the front (rather than five) so that means the other two must be hidden on the sides so it's going to look a bit odd when wielded or displayed.

Unless Lego forgot that there were six Infinity Stones considering we only see mentions of five Infinity Stones in the set descriptions; Space (76101), Unknown (76102), Mind (76103), Soul (76104), Time (76108) - unless the Last Battle set includes the sixth stone.

The Gauntlet could have also done with more printing - i would have given up Thanos's sword in favor of a better gauntlet

- Thanos; The Last Battle has some kind of spaceship which the Guardians Of The Galaxy use - it may not be the Milano though.
- The unknown D2C could be the Milano

Though at the moment we've no confirmation, so would go with 'no' for the moment.

Avengers 4 sets or Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 sets may give us a new Milano regardless so we'll probably see it again.

Maybe Vision’s stone is never removed in the film so they didn’t make a piece for the Mind Stone in the sets? I think the Gauntlet is amazing for Lego, so much better than a printed bigfig hand and it looks drop dead gorgeous. Could’ve used a bit of printing but the lengths that they went to with the new molds make me okay with no printing. I wish five stones would fit on the front, but Lego can only do so much. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Maybe Vision’s stone is never removed in the film so they didn’t make a piece for the Mind Stone in the sets? I think the Gauntlet is amazing for Lego, so much better than a printed bigfig hand and it looks drop dead gorgeous. Could’ve used a bit of printing but the lengths that they went to with the new molds make me okay with no printing. I wish five stones would fit on the front, but Lego can only do so much. 

Visions stone comes in 76103. We are missing the power and reality stones. Most likely we will get all the stones. The ganulet will probably come with one already so I think it is save to assume we will them all. I really like how Lego did the ganulet. You most definitely have to buy all the sets to get a complete ganulet but if you do, you get a total of 28 infinity stones stones

34 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The concept is nice - but the execution is where it falls apart. They could've found a way to fit an extra stone on the front - as having a situation where we either have five stones present (four front, one side) or six stones present (four front, two side/sides) is going to look incredibly strange when complete. Alternatively given we did not get that, we could've gotten some printing on the hand, especially considering how decorated the actual gauntlet looks. I just feel so much of the Infinity War line is missed opportunities or an odd allocation of budget - such as us seemingly getting a new mold for Thanos's sword which may not even be in the movie.

Just now, InnerRayg said:

How on Earth would they make a gauntlet that fits bigfigs and minifigs and have room for five of those stones on the front?? 

Either 2 new moulds or we could have gotten a printed version of the Gold Gauntlet used for the Mighty Micro version of Thanos.

20 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Visions stone comes in 76103. We are missing the power and reality stones. Most likely we will get all the stones. The ganulet will probably come with one already so I think it is save to assume we will them all. I really like how Lego did the ganulet. You most definitely have to buy all the sets to get a complete ganulet but if you do, you get a total of 28 infinity stones stones

Probably due to the size of the stones, i guess they are fairly easy to lose - though it could also be filling the Gauntlet as long as you buy two sets. If the Stones are cheap i may end up bricklinking a bunch and creating some kind of mosaic out of them - if possible.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I'm also thinking that the "Last Battle" set will come with the Gauntlet and a stone.

Like what you've said, I appreciate TLG doing this, hearing what we wanted. Tho, it's no perfect still I love it.

10 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'm also thinking that the "Last Battle" set will come with the Gauntlet and a stone.

The stone shown with the Gauntlet was red, likely the Aether. So that one surely comes with the Gauntlet, even if it isn’t mentioned.

6 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

The stone shown with the Gauntlet was red, likely the Aether. So that one surely comes with the Gauntlet, even if it isn’t mentioned.

Based on the fact that the stone Mario power showed, I think that stone is a prototype because it’s not translucent 

Edited by Falconfan1414

I thought Mariopower closed his Instagram account because he wasn't allowed to post leaks on it.

So did he open a new account? And if so, how can I google it the easiest?

Edited by TAFOL

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Based on the fact that the stone Mario power showed, I think that stone is a prototype because it’s not translucent 

That makes a lot of sense, prototype pieces tend to be red in color. Still, I think we’ll get all six. The Aether is probably the unknown stone in “The Search for Thor’s Weapon.”

1 hour ago, TAFOL said:

-snip-

Search on Instagram for obvious tags

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Yeah, should hopefully be translucent. They'll probably show up again in other themes in future - can see them working well with Elves or with the city/miners in gold.

41 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Search on Instagram for obvious tags

Yeah, should hopefully be translucent. They'll probably show up again in other themes in future - can see them working well with Elves or with the city/miners in gold.

Perhaps even in Friends sets- they have pin holes and could be put on tables to represent jewelery like a brooch. 

7 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Perhaps even in Friends sets- they have pin holes and could be put on tables to represent jewelery like a brooch. 

Yep, will be interesting to use them for builds and things, could be very useful.

Just now, TurnOffTheDark said:

Mario power just posted a pic of a teen groot minifig!! I love it for the most part, the only nitpick I have is the expression on his face

He also posted falcon too. I like teenage groot a lot actually. I like how they used a new mold for the head. The face printing works for his “teenage attitude” they seem to be going for in the movie. Falcon has a new tourso and head print

Edited by Falconfan1414

Falcon and Teen Groot look great. I’m not a huge fan of the shaping on Groot’s head, but maybe I’ll like it better in person. Groot needed leg printing, IMO. Falcon still doesn’t have dual molded arms or leg printing, sadly. I would’ve liked to see him with those. 

Groot is perfect, well maybe he could've reused those longer Woody arms and legs, but whatever he's the best variant of the character to date. MCU Falcon just never looks great in minifigure form I guess, he could've benefited from dual arm molds this time.

I'm thinking to replace the normal legs to small one, I think it'll fit Groot better. But that's just me.

Because longer arms and legs is considered as adult Groot for me. 

Are you guys sure that Falcon is new? So sad that we didn't get dual molded arms because legs are easy to swap out. 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

He also posted falcon too. I like teenage groot a lot actually. I like how they used a new mold for the head. The face printing works for his “teenage attitude” they seem to be going for in the movie. Falcon has a new tourso and head print

I was just hoping for something a little more sassy in terms of his face, It is otherwise an amazing figure I think :)

Thor have the same face printing with thunder sparks on his BOTH eyes! (atleast, on the first face print)

I'm hoping that in the second face print will have the eye patch.

6 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Groot is perfect, well maybe he could've reused those longer Woody arms and legs, but whatever he's the best variant of the character to date. 

At least we now have a minifigure of him, but yeah, it's still strange we haven't seen any usage of those arms and legs beyond the Toy Story theme seven years on.

6 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

MCU Falcon just never looks great in minifigure form I guess, he could've benefited from dual arm molds this time.

He does look better in Dark Bluish Grey than Light Bluish Grey, but he really does need dual molded arms.