Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

YES! in that case I'm gonna prioritize buying that first since I've never owned a d2c set before

I think it will most likely be Avengers HQ, which if it is then that'll be awesome! (I love superhero bases like the batcave, the avengers hq, fortress of solitude, hall of justice etc etc)

I'm predicting a good amount of grumbling if its the Statesman, myself included, unless it suddenly becomes a badass ship in IW.

1 minute ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

Where did $160 come from?

I forgot, I think someone posted it here before. Few pages back.

Also, I dunno if it's the same person who post that the exclusive set will be priced as $50

8 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I forgot, I think someone posted it here before. Few pages back.

Also, I dunno if it's the same person who post that the exclusive set will be priced as $50

Oh okay, well hopefully the cost of the set doesn't transcend $270

29 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I don't think $160 is confirmed for the price, I dunno.

When we first heard the news about the set, I believe that @Catanas said it would be £100 and in the months after that a few different sources (including mariopower) have pegged it at €/$160. 

33 minutes ago, doclord said:

I'm predicting a good amount of grumbling if its the Statesman, myself included, unless it suddenly becomes a badass ship in IW.

It's an 'OK' design i suppose at the front and back, the middle is a bit bland and box shaped - but I'm not really sure it's iconic enough to warrant a set or will be used much in Infinity War. Everything we've seen, via Ragnarok, hints that it'll basically be destroyed in the opening scene. It could be an excuse to get Korg, Heimdall, Eye-patch Thor, Loki, Valkyrie and potentially a different version of Thanos... but I'm not sure anyone really wants this as a set to display. It's very focused around the Asgardians and i can see many people immediately scrapping it unless it looks better in set form - such is the problem with a D2C if it's not iconic. I mean, story wise, i can see it going out in a blaze of glory to destroy the Sanctuary II and delay Thanos... but i dont think the ship itself is that good of a design.

latest?cb=20171203201813

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Statesman

51 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I don't think $160 is confirmed for the price, I dunno.

Does your source have any estimations on the price? I presume they have seen the catalogue even if they cannot comment on the set itself? An idea of price would be helpful even if it's a guess/estimate. A lot of us are already going to be struggling to allocate budget for these sets, let alone the exclusive set and the D2C. 

Edited by Scarilian

2 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

What are the odds that the d2c turns out to be the millennium falcon of the mcu?

What if it's Ned's copy of the Death Star set. Exact same build, it just has a picture of Ned holding it on the box.

3 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

It's an 'OK' design i suppose at the front and back, the middle is a bit bland and box shaped - but I'm not really sure it's iconic enough to warrant a set or will be used much in Infinity War. Everything we've seen, via Ragnarok, hints that it'll basically be destroyed in the opening scene. It could be an excuse to get Korg, Heimdall, Eye-patch Thor, Loki, Valkyrie and potentially a different version of Thanos... but I'm not sure anyone really wants this as a set to display. It's very focused around the Asgardians and i can see many people immediately scrapping it unless it looks better in set form - such is the problem with a D2C if it's not iconic. I mean, story wise, i can see it going out in a blaze of glory to destroy the Sanctuary II and delay Thanos... but i dont think the ship itself is that good of a design.

It's a vehicle, has potential to have pricey exclusives and I just can't fathom the Marvel sector doing two really well-done buildings in the same wave. I'd just expect it is all regardless of importance to the film: we don't even know if Avengers HQ appears I'm pretty sure.

Edited by doclord

12 minutes ago, Borex said:

maybe the ship will be seen for the first time this movie?

Maybe, but that would make it an odd choice for the D2C since the design wouldn’t be very well known or iconic. 

29 minutes ago, doclord said:

It's a vehicle, has potential to have pricey exclusives and I just can't fathom the Marvel sector doing two really well-done buildings in the same wave. I'd just expect it is all regardless of importance to the film.

I'm seeing the reasoning behind it in terms of potential figures, just not in terms of design/how iconic the set is.

I actually don’t like that the release date of the D2C is March 1st because I think that lowers the chance of Thanos big fig without the helmet. I think if LEGO was to make a new mold they would use it in both sets to sell more or maybe they just really wanted two variants. I’m just speculating here so idk.

Hey guys, I'm new here, finally joined the forum.

I have a question: Is the d2c definitely a ship? The modified mark 43 made me think in a theory: what if we are getting a UCS hulkbuster, which comes with an exclusive mark 43 minifigure? Much like the UCS tumbler, which came with two minifigures (batman and joker). What do you guys think? It would fulfill the 'iconic' requirement.

6 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Either way, the remarks from SpiderJazz about it not being the 'Quinjet, good news for those guys who is tired in getting the Avengers aircraft' leads me to expect now that it's for the Guardians or Thor's group - if it is indeed a good guy ship.

Are we sure that that doesn't mean "Good Guy Seriously Huge Investment of Parts?" :laugh:

19 hours ago, Ultron said:

It's a shame that after 3 years they still refuse to update correct Vision's eyes. Just kind of waiting for a comic version at this point. 

Eyes? I hope they change colour of head to sand green with purple face printing, it could be much better :)

30 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Is the d2c definitely a ship?

A translated foreign description apparently labelled it as a 'good guy ship' - the only other information we've had has been from SpiderJazz who has relayed that it's 'not the Quinjet'

31 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Hey guys, I'm new here, finally joined the forum.

I have a question: Is the d2c definitely a ship? The modified mark 43 made me think in a theory: what if we are getting a UCS hulkbuster, which comes with an exclusive mark 43 minifigure? Much like the UCS tumbler, which came with two minifigures (batman and joker). What do you guys think? It would fulfill the 'iconic' requirement.

The missing Hulkbuster helmet and Iron Man MK43 variant (via leaks) are interesting, it could potentially mean another Hulkbuster - but i doubt that would be the D2C due to the presumed idea of price and the ship remark above.

38 minutes ago, BrickSantorum said:

Are we sure that that doesn't mean "Good Guy Seriously Huge Investment of Parts?" :laugh:

xD

Missing Hulkbuster helmet? I didn't know there was one missing.

Maybe they are counting the Hulkbuster as a "vehicle"?

I do think the missing Mk. 43 Iron Man figure is our biggest hint towards the D2C and it's really confusing, because we haven't seen it once in anything Infinity War related.

5 minutes ago, doclord said:

I do think the missing Mk. 43 Iron Man figure is our biggest hint towards the D2C and it's really confusing, because we haven't seen it once in anything Infinity War related.

If we haven’t seen the suit in footage yet, I’d imagine him to be in the spoilerific seventh set. However...we’ve already seen his minifigure, so I agree with you: if the D2C comes out in March, we’ll likely see him come in that.

13 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

If we haven’t seen the suit in footage yet, I’d imagine him to be in the spoilerific seventh set. However...we’ve already seen his minifigure, so I agree with you: if the D2C comes out in March, we’ll likely see him come in that.

I'm wondering if it's not an Infinity War set at all, and is instead an updated $200 Stark/Avengers tower?