Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Honestly, Inwould love for Macnair to be included in a possible Hagrid’s Hut set, but as long as there’s a new Buckbeak, that’s really all I truly need out of it. Anything else is just an awesome bonus

58 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Is it a rumour for the supposed Winter wave?

Someone states that they have heard from someone who works at Lego that Hagrid's Hut is coming. They gave no information of a related year/wave etc. And personally, I don't believe he said/she said speculation so I would just wait and see what happens - but, let's face it, a Hagrid's Hut is very likely seen as we have gotten one in nearly all past iterations. 

20 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

Someone states that they have heard from someone who works at Lego that Hagrid's Hut is coming. They gave no information of a related year/wave etc. And personally, I don't believe he said/she said speculation so I would just wait and see what happens - but, let's face it, a Hagrid's Hut is very likely seen as we have gotten one in nearly all past iterations. 

I hope we get one but with something a little more unique such as Buckbeak or maybe some Death Eaters and exploding features for the scene in Half-Blood Prince

46 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

Sorry, this reminds me of the line in the fourth Harry Potter 'Seamus told him that Dean was told by Parvati that Hagrid's looking for you' :laugh:

1 minute ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

Sorry, this reminds me of the line in the fourth Harry Potter 'Seamus told him that Dean was told by Parvati that Hagrid's looking for you' :laugh:

Exactly.

29 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I hope we get one but with something a little more unique such as Buckbeak or maybe some Death Eaters and exploding features for the scene in Half-Blood Prince

I hope they base it on POA with the time turner sequence and Buckbeak. 

Just now, LegoSims20 said:

I hope they base it on POA with the time turner sequence and Buckbeak. 

That's a good idea, it could even be an excuse to include Fudge

1 minute ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

...and updates of Crab and Goyle, and a new mould for the hippogriff would be nice...

I'd love it if they did a really big playset with the bridge and rocks where Malfoy is, a bigger Whomping Willow, Shrieking Shack and Hagrid's Hut with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, Buckbeak Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle, Fudge, Dumbledore, Macnair, Sirius (dog and human), Lupin (human and werewolf), Snape, Wormtail (human and rat) and time turner versions of Harry and Hermione. Why not also have a brick built Patronus Stag and the lake with a few Dementors. It's a lot to wish for and is 99% unlikely but hopefully we get the sequence in a few different sets

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

I'd love it if they did a really big playset with the bridge and rocks where Malfoy is, a bigger Whomping Willow, Shrieking Shack and Hagrid's Hut with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, Buckbeak Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle, Fudge, Dumbledore, Macnair, Sirius (dog and human), Lupin (human and werewolf), Snape, Wormtail (human and rat) and time turner versions of Harry and Hermione. Why not also have a brick built Patronus Stag and the lake with a few Dementors. It's a lot to wish for and is 99% unlikely but hopefully we get the sequence in a few different sets

Yes, I am of agree, like some kind of the new master builders series, but of Harry Potter, and maybe with a transform feature (maybe werewolf as the big figure)?? I am wondering if the master builders sets will also be including Harry Potter in the future, or only for Star Wars 

Just now, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

I am wondering if the master builders sets will also be including Harry Potter in the future, or only for Star Wars 

Well, considering that UCS sets are exclusive to Star Wars, I'd say the same probably applies to MBS

54 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Well, considering that UCS sets are exclusive to Star Wars, I'd say the same probably applies to MBS

Technically, UCS also applies to Super Heroes

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Technically ICS can apply to whatever you want it to. I class Hogwarts Castle as UCS 

7 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It doesn't. As much as a lot of us consider sets like the Helicarrier as "close enough" that it may as well be UCS, Lego only ever uses the term to refer to Star Wars sets. 

In your guys' opinion, has the past Hagrid's Huts been too tall to be proportional to Hogwarts?

Also, with how much dedication they put in these sets...i really want to see of they attempted the two-room hut from the third movie and on!

2 hours ago, joeee said:

In your guys' opinion, has the past Hagrid's Huts been too tall to be proportional to Hogwarts?

Also, with how much dedication they put in these sets...i really want to see of they attempted the two-room hut from the third movie and on!

I was thinking about that yesterday, the way Hagrid's Hut is usually about as tall as the castle. But I don't think that can be helped unless they make a really tiny one. It's like how the Burrow was taller than Hogwarts last time around. Scale doesn't really come into it (which is understandable when they're just focusing on making each build playable and look good). 

It seems likely they might do the 2-room design (since that is how they made the mini model of it in the D2C) so I'm intrigued to see how that would turn out. Personally, I just hope it has the front and back door again and a little garden with the pumpkin patch!

Edited by LegoSims20

Lego also considers the following non-SW sets as UCS (Lego Customer Service list)

• 7784 The Batmobile Ultimate Collectors’ Edition (2006)
  • 76023 The Tumbler (2014)
  • 76042 The S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier (2015)

I’m in the process of building the Hogwarts Express 75955 and finding it a great set, with the exception of the station clock.

The parts used for the clock hands are so chunky and look ridiculous - has anyone found an alternative? Has Lego ever done proper clock hands?

44 minutes ago, Air1 said:

Lego also considers the following non-SW sets as UCS (Lego Customer Service list)

• 7784 The Batmobile Ultimate Collectors’ Edition (2006)
  • 76023 The Tumbler (2014)
  • 76042 The S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier (2015)

Yes exactly, and I believe the recent Hulkbuster is included as well

A gigantic grounds of Hogwarts playset won’t happen but it’s a great opportunity for an MOC. 

1 hour ago, Isherwood said:

I’m in the process of building the Hogwarts Express 75955 and finding it a great set, with the exception of the station clock.

The parts used for the clock hands are so chunky and look ridiculous - has anyone found an alternative? Has Lego ever done proper clock hands?

I don’t think so; clocks like the Creator Big Ben 10253 use black socket wrenches for the hands, but I don’t think it would be any less “chunky”. Maybe you could use the new wand piece in black somehow.

14 minutes ago, Felkin said:

I don’t think so; clocks like the Creator Big Ben 10253 use black socket wrenches for the hands, but I don’t think it would be any less “chunky”. Maybe you could use the new wand piece in black somehow.

That's a good idea - thanks!