captaintau

Lightsaber Forms

OK, all Star Wars fans:

If you were a Jedi/Sith, what would YOUR Lightsaber form be?

Me, I'd be a 5th Form exponenent Jedi. Not a dark side user, not toatally focussed on domination, but certainly taking the initiative and looking for the quick finish. I favour hand and foot removals (forget what the terms are in Star Wars, but in Japanese swordsmanship, they're Kote Kiri and Ashi Kiri)

Funny question *y*

I think Vaapad would be my favourite; you always have to deal with the dark side, when you're using it. And when you mastered it, it's extraordinary powerful - sounds quite interesting to me :-D

@Stauder: yes it's about the fighting style of Jedis (and others, eg Magna Guards, Greavious, ...). Have a look at this Combat Styles

Edited by MiniGreavy

Ah, thanks (also to Stauder for asking that question :-P ) since I thought it was about the shape of your lightsaber-hilt ;-)

*is going to take a look at the 'combat styles'-link* :-)

None |-/ Lightsaber forms are the stupidest decision next to midicloreans. I mean really, the whole point is the force guiding you and your actions when you fight, having a set form that you train under undermines the entire premise...

None |-/ Lightsaber forms are the stupidest decision next to midicloreans.

Best. Quote. Ever. :-D

Batbrick Away! >:-)

dont really know... never liked star wars that much... i guess you could just buy a "create your own lightsaber" toy.

None |-/ Lightsaber forms are the stupidest decision next to midicloreans. I mean really, the whole point is the force guiding you and your actions when you fight, having a set form that you train under undermines the entire premise...

An interesting point, you have.

Obviously I disagree, but then I would.

I don't think the fact that are forms in any contradicts the Force guidance. They're just styles of fighting. The Force still guides you to the threat and the intent. It also guides your reaction toward your ideal end outcome. How you respond to that threat and how you rationalise your ideal are personal.

I would take myself as more of a gun user, rather than a strict martial art style blade battler :-$ Or rather using brute strength and tactics.. :-/ Or blunt weapons! I like those..

Now youve got my mind running *wacko* Thanks alot :-D

I would take myself as more of a gun user, rather than a strict martial art style blade battler

Surely, too unwieldy for one-on-one or close-quarter battle? Little art to them.