Falconfan1414

Disney's Future with Lego

Recently, I've been contemplating something pertaining to Disney's acquisition of Fox.

Way back in February of 2016, both 20th Century Fox and Disney had announced their intentions of each producing their own adaptations' of Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Fox had hired Bryan Singer to direct an outright adaptation of the original story, while Disney had signed James Mangold (The WolverineLogan) as director of an origin story for the story's main character, Captain Nemo.

Deadline - Fox All Aboard On '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea'; Bryan Singer Locks Fall Start

Deadline - James Mangold to Helm Disney's 'Captain Nemo'

Since then, nothing else has been heard about these productions, so it can be presumed that they're still working on both of them and that they haven't been shelved. But after Disney's acquisition of Fox, I'd imagine that one of these will end up either being shelved or reconsolidated as part of a much larger project. *

So, whatever the end result may be, does anyone think that Disney might want to merchandise this movie(s), if its tone is deemed family friendly enough? And if so, do you think Lego might want to produce sets for it?

Personally, I think Disney will end up shelving 20th Century Fox's adaptation, given that its director, Bryan Singer, has been the subject of multiple sexual assault allegations.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

New incredibles 2 synopsis

Everyone's favorite family of superheroes is back in "Incredibles 2" – but this time Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is in the spotlight, leaving Bob (voice of Craig T. Nelson) at home with Violet (voice of Sarah Vowell) and Dash (voice of Huck Milner) to navigate the day-to-day heroics of "normal" life/ It's a tough transition for every one, made tougher by the fact that the family is still unaware of baby Jack-Jack's emerging superpowers. When a new villain hatches a brilliant and dangerous plot, the family and Frozone (voice of Samuel L. Jackson) must find a way to work together again – which is easier said than done, even when they're all Incredible.

this gets me excited for the movie and the Lego sets we will get from it. Frozone seems to be a major character in this one too so hopefully Lego includes him in a set

I'm surprised that we haven't seen nor heard of any leaks for the Juniors sets for this film, as it's going to be hitting theatres in June.

For Juniors sets, what sort of figure quality would you guys be expecting from these, perhaps compared to what we saw for Mr. Incredible's CMF?

10 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm surprised that we haven't seen nor heard of any leaks for the Juniors sets for this film, as it's going to be hitting theatres in June.

For Juniors sets, what sort of figure quality would you guys be expecting from these, perhaps compared to what we saw for Mr. Incredible's CMF?

We have only just been hearing about the Jurassic world stuff that comes out in April, plus we only just got avengers infinity war pictures and those come out in March

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I hope they are worth it 

I wonder if we might see any Winnie the Pooh related products/sets for either the second half of this year or early 2019, to tie in with the live action Christopher Robin movie starring Ewan McGregor releasing this August. Perhaps we at least could see some Brickheadz based upon the animated classic like we did during the release of the live action adaptation of Beauty and the Beast back in March last year.

Screen Rant - Disney's Live-Action Christopher Robin Movie Gets a Synopsis

Based on the new catalogue images and judging based on previous juniors sets here are the expected minifigure count and price range 

10759- $15-20 Figures:2

10760- $15-20 figures: 2

10761- $50 figures: 5-6

The incredibles facebook page posted concept sketches from the new movie. Top left we have Voyd played by Sophia Bush. Top right we have ambassador played by Isabella Rossellini. Bottom left we have Evelyn Deavor played by Catherine Keener. Bottom Right we have Winston Deavor played by Bob Odenkirk

cleardot.gifDisplaying 2C0951F5-99E1-45FE-94FC-0D0DCB98DB06.JPG

27 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Do we have Incredibles discussion or atleast Disney thread?

I just made a new topic for incredibles 2 

Edited by Falconfan1414

I feel like with Disney licensed Lego sets we are paying more for the logo which is why I hardly buy licensed Disney sets now a days.

Edited by nicman

So are there any reasons why Lego hasn't created another Disney CMF line? Was it because of sales or something, because I always thought they appeared to have sold quite well? I was just curious because I had a sneaky feeling that (or sneaky hope) that 2019 may be the year for another Disney CMF line?

25 minutes ago, LegoAndDisney said:

So are there any reasons why Lego hasn't created another Disney CMF line? Was it because of sales or something, because I always thought they appeared to have sold quite well? I was just curious because I had a sneaky feeling that (or sneaky hope) that 2019 may be the year for another Disney CMF line?

Well, from the way it looks now, we may have a chance to see a second Disney CMS come May 2019 or September 2019. A CMS for February's sequel to The Lego Movie is a likely given, while May or September will probably give us Series 19; so whatever date that isn't taken by S19 could be where Disney Series 2 may sit.

P.S. Back a few months ago, the earliest I expected to see Disney Series 2 was January 2020, as Warner Brothers' The Billion Brick Race was slated for May 2019. But now, with no director to helm the movie, we should be hearing very soon of WB's intentions to push back that movie to sometime in 2020. 

11 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, from the way it looks now, we may have a chance to see a second Disney CMS come May 2019 or September 2019. A CMS for February's sequel to The Lego Movie is a likely given, while May or September will probably give us Series 19; so whatever date that isn't taken by S19 could be where Disney Series 2 may sit.

P.S. Back a few months ago, the earliest I expected to see Disney Series 2 was January 2020, as Warner Brothers' The Billion Brick Race was slated for May 2019. But now, with no director to helm the movie, we should be hearing very soon of WB's intentions to push back that movie to sometime in 2020. 

Ooh this is good news. I wonder if another D2C will follow?

3 minutes ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Ooh this is good news. I wonder if another D2C will follow?

Maybe, perhaps a Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle as a successor to the 2016 Walt Disney World Cinderella Castle could be the ticket. :wink:

P.S. Have you seen this speculative CMF draft for a second Disney CMS by @just2good?

17 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Maybe, perhaps a Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle as a successor to the 2016 Walt Disney World Cinderella Castle could be the ticket. :wink:

P.S. Have you seen this speculative CMF draft for a second Disney CMS by @just2good?

Yeah I think a Sleeping Beauty Castle would be the next D2C for sure. I wouldn't be at all upset by that!

I have, they're fantastic. I keep making customs myself for characters we don't have yet but nothing beats the original figures. I wish we had more; I kinda wish they'd expand the Disney (not Princess) line and mix up movies instead of just focusing on the princesses all the time. I'd be quite happy with a lego set from Peter Pan or something like that.

Goofy looks great, it is a shame him and Pluto were missing from the first series.

If they do Hercules like that I hope they move the belt buckle up slightly onto the torso. Those fleshie legs with "skirt" armour would be great for historical armies (Greeks or Romans).

Jafar - He calls the snake staff the one from Ninjago - this is not correct. That style was from the CMF series (Pharaoh, then King Tut).  The Ninjago one is very different and not as good for this character.

CMF90390.jpg?1          Ninjago98134.png

Belle - why does she need a new dress. The CMF Queen's dress in yellow would be perfect here.

Pooh - would probably be best done ewok style, to get a belly on him.

Seeing as how the upcoming star wars sets include a new arm pieces that's two arms in on joint I hope they do a new Stitch using it for his four arm version. Maybe if the Ideas brick built Stitch is approved they'd have a figure with four arms included? or maybe even Lilo and Stitch sets. A dream of mine would be an entire CMF of just the experiments so many amazing ones that would be epic as figures

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:02 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Goodness, I certainly hope so. Cinderella's Castle seemed to get a lot of media attention and I presume that it was a decent seller for Lego.

So, it stands to reason for them to also make Sleeping Beauty's Castle. The fact that it is partially a pale pink hopefully won't stop them from making it as a set (i.e. in fear of a "pink" castle only appealing to girls).

And a second Disney CMF series to accompany Sleeping Beauty's Castle would be logical. I'm still surprised that a second CMF series hasn't already been released given the popularity of the first (although the CMF schedule is obviously quite packed). If it included Scrooge McDuck - that would be truly awesome!

So according to a recent leak, Dipper and Mabel (from Gravity Falls) Brickheadz are coming. If this is true, that would be the first time BH are using a newly acquired licence - previous ones were based on licences Lego already had, as far as I know. Which gets me thinking: would lego buy the rights just for the BH? Or are we about to get more sets based on the show?

36 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

So according to a recent leak, Dipper and Mabel (from Gravity Falls) Brickheadz are coming. If this is true, that would be the first time BH are using a newly acquired licence - previous ones were based on licences Lego already had, as far as I know. Which gets me thinking: would lego buy the rights just for the BH? Or are we about to get more sets based on the show?

It happened with Nightmare Before Christmas too.

29 minutes ago, saysonder said:

It happened with Nightmare Before Christmas too

Another proof my knowlegde is severely lacking :laugh:

Forgot these are coming, too. Better not to get my hopes up too high, then. Which is a shame, Gravity Falls has enough material for quite a few neat sets, Lego could easily get the licence when the show was still running. That being said, GF characters are quite a good match for Brickheadz, with them having rather big heads on their own. I can't wait for the official reveal.

3 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

You know, upon reading that leaked information as shared by @Falconfan1414 over on the 2018 BrickHeadz topic, I just had a random thought pop into my head...

What if Lego may be quickly utilizing these random licenses for the BrickHeadz theme for one-off purposes, just so they can quickly get them off the table so LEGO Ideas users therefore can't utilize them for project submissions after the fact? It is, after all, easy for them to utilize any franchise for the BrickHeadz theme, as there's most likely less development that goes into each set compared to your typical minifigure-based playset. :def_shrug: