legofrik

71019 - LEGO Ninjago Movie Series - position in the box

Hi all.
My English is not so good, but still, I hope that this information will come in hand for some people who will like to buy just a few LEGO minifigures from this serie.
Moderators, If this info already exist, sorry for duplicity. Please delete this post. 

Well, today I got the box of this CMFs. Inside of the box are 3 complete CMF series, each in one section (box has 3 sections - left, middle and right) and in each section, minifigures are on the same position. They are packed in the order - from front to back...

1. Shark Army Angler 
Set No: coltlnm  Name: Shark Army Angler - Complete Set

2. Volcano Garmadon
Set No: coltlnm  Name: Volcano Garmadon - Complete Set

3. Shark Army General
Set No: coltlnm  Name: Shark Army General #1 - Complete Set

4. Garmadon
Set No: coltlnm  Name: Garmadon - Complete Set

5. Shark Army Great White
Set No: coltlnm  Name: Shark Army Great White - Complete Set

6. Shark Army Octopus
Set No: coltlnm  Name: Shark Army Octopus - Complete Set

7. GPL Tech
Set No: coltlnm  Name: GPL Tech - Complete Set

8. N-POP Girl
Set No: coltlnm  Name: N-POP Girl - Complete Set

9. Sushi Chef
Set No: coltlnm  Name: Sushi Chef - Complete Set

10. Flashback Garmadon
Set No: coltlnm  Name: Flashback Garmadon - Complete Set

11. Master Wu
Set No: coltlnm  Name: Master Wu - Complete Set

12. Lloyd Garmadon
Set No: coltlnm  Name: Lloyd Garmadon - Complete Set

13. Zane
Set No: coltlnm  Name: Zane - Complete Set

14. Cole
Set No: coltlnm  Name: Cole - Complete Set

15. Jay Walker 
Set No: coltlnm  Name: Jay Walker - Complete Set

16. Lloyd
Set No: coltlnm  Name: Lloyd - Complete Set

17. Spinjitzu Training Nya
Set No: coltlnm  Name: Spinjitzu Training Nya - Complete Set

18. Kai Kendo
Set No: coltlnm  Name: Kai Kendo - Complete Set

19. Misako
Set No: coltlnm  Name: Misako - Complete Set

20. Gong & Guitar Rocker
Set No: coltlnm  Name: Gong & Guitar Rocker - Complete Set

I'm not 100% sure that all the boxes all over the world will have the same position of CMFs in the box. This box come from Jirny, LEGO EU Distribution center, Czech Republic.

This will be nice to confirm. If you're right, then it will come in handy when trying to get the figures that we'd like

@ gamejutzu, I can confirm it for the box from Jirny, LEGO EU Distribution center, Czech Republic.

@ Sinthoras, exactly. :sweet:, But box must be from Jinry. I guess, they don't fill each box with different order of CMFs.

On 01/08/2017 at 1:05 PM, legofrik said:

Well, today I got the box of this CMFs. Inside of the box are 3 complete CMF series, each in one section (box has 3 sections - left, middle and right) and in each section, minifigures are on the same position. They are packed in the order - from front to back...

Hmmmm... interesting! I was in the Leicester Square LEGO store on Tuesday to get some of these CMFs. They had loads, but not in the boxes. I asked the assistant manager if they had any boxes in the store room. He said he could only sell me 20, not a whole box. I explained that I  didn't want the contents of a whole box; I just wanted to feel the packets and buy a few (fewer than 20). By knowing there were exactly 3 sets per box, would save me time. For example, I was after the Shark Army General No.1. A narrow cylindrical part could either be her drink or the Sushi Chef's uncut onigiri. If I had 4 such packets from a fresh box, at least one would have to be the General. The assistant manager then changed his tune and said he wasn't allowed to bring out new boxes. There was a slight tension in his voice as if he were hiding something. From @legofrik's post, I now suspect that he knew the packets were ordered in the box and suspected I did too (I didn't at the time). That, in turn, makes me think that the contents of the boxes in the UK (which probably originated from the same factory as those in the Czech Republic) are also ordered. 

Can anyone confirm/deny legofrik's finding elsewhere in Europe?

Well not in my Jirny box.

I am not done feeling through all of them but in the first section out of 14 minifigs I have gone though so far, 5 were double. So I guess it is not for all boxes.

8 minutes ago, Man with a hat said:

I am not done feeling through all of them but in the first section out of 14 minifigs I have gone though so far, 5 were double. So I guess it is not for all boxes.

Shoot, that's unfortunate. Oh well, back to feeling we go.

I don't know how factory packed their boxes with CMFs, but it will be strange, If every box will be filled differently. Why changing the program and do that for every box?
Or they fill it manually and one worker just had a good day and fill it for 20 CMFs in each section and all on the same order. Could be... :classic:

I don't remember my exact order the set I felt through, but it looks exactly spot on. I know the first and last match for sure.

16 hours ago, Man with a hat said:

Were you the first to open the box? Maybe someone switched a few around while feeling for them, even if none were bought yet.

Just now, Master_Data said:

Were you the first to open the box? Maybe someone switched a few around while feeling for them, even if none were bought yet.

Yep, I received a closed sealed box. It isn't the first time people tried to read the order in the boxes and the past has shown that these vary. So perhaps just a batch of boxes has the extraordinary equal distribution in each section.

Well this worked for me :thumbup:. (I'm in the UK) 

I needed 4 more to complete a set; Misako, Great White, Jay and Kendo Kai and as I'm hopeless at accurately identifying them by touch, I found a recently opened box in my local Toymaster store and picked nos 5, 15, 18 and 19 and got exactly what I wanted!! :classic:

Anyway, many thanks to Legofrik for posting this info - it's saved me a lot of time and money!! 

Edited by greg3

@ Man with a hat, It's possible. Maybe they pack one day in order I wrote, next day in different order and so on. Don't know, just guessing. :classic:

@ greg3, I'm glad to help. :blush:

1 minute ago, Ninja of Fire said:

Do you guys reckon the boxes will be set out like this in Australia? Cheers!

Hopefully! I'll be going to Woolworths and Coles sometime this week (fingers crossed that they have the cmf's) although chances are they won't have unopened boxes. It'll be a while before I go to Myer, Target etc so I won't know till then if the order is the same.  Anyway, I'll post my findings here!

Just got back from Coles. The box had some missing. Went to the last minifigure first. Guitar rocker! (bought him) Found the two other loyds somewhere near their postions (I can't be sure) and bought them as well. Only had time for three figures but the order seems to be appearing here in Australia!!!! @Ninja of Fire

1 hour ago, Ninja of Fire said:

@JACKATTACKS Awesome, mate! I'll head out this weekend and see for myself... BTW, which state are you in?

I'm in NSW. Coles is charging $5.25 for them, which is still pretty good value considering they're $6 on S@H!

I bought 6 from John Lewis, they had hung them on hooks on the wall, still probably in the order from the box. I got 1 (Shark Army Angler) 2 (Volcano Garmadon) ,3(Army General) ,6(Octopus guy),12 (Llyold) and 18(Kai). So it is looking pretty accurate over in England,  presuming that somebody got the others, because there was only 8 on the hook and I got the first three right.

This was not the case in the full box I bought. I opened them all up, and found no system in the way they was stored in the box.

I felt a Shark Army Angler in the front of the box so I think is create and even if it isn't 100%, it isn't far off, the Shark Army Octopus wasn't too far from the front so pretty useful information, thanks @legofrik!