Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

Lego-animals-2018.png

To sum up the animal mould year I have made a new overview including 2018 over all the normal animals Lego have released in minifig scale (Not minidoll, duplo, crazy eyes/colours etc).

To compare different years, I gave a new mould 4 points, new colour or updated mould 3 points, 2 points per animal or 1 point per small common animal (bats, frogs, spiders etc).

Hopefully not to many errors made in the process :blush:

2018 has been a avarage Lego animal mould year compared to the other years this decade. Last year was exceptional in that regard, but pretty happy with this year as well :classic:

Edited by Roebuck
Error with pickture

The first animal mould news this year:
One set (70826) and one polybag (30460) from the Lego movie have a light purple crab in them :classic:

On 1/1/2019 at 2:16 AM, Roebuck said:

The first animal mould news this year:
One set (70826) and one polybag (30460) from the Lego movie have a light purple crab in them :classic:

Well the cat with the mohawk counts as a new animal mould

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Well the cat with the mohawk counts as a new animal mould

It do not count in my book, the only place that "thing" exsists is probably 5 seconds of the movie :hmpf:
To quote myself:

On 12/20/2018 at 11:57 AM, Roebuck said:

The cat comes in a new mould in the same series, but that is a total abomination :sick: Why could they not have given Crookshanks a new mould instead of that waste of a mould :hmpf:

To my fellow Lego animal mould fans; please go to this tread and vote on the dog (Toto), so the abomination of a "cat" do not win :tongue:

8 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Sounds like we're getting a new duck in the F@tFairgrounds set.

Hopefully a normal duck and not a rubber duck mould :wink:

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Hopefully a normal duck and not a rubber duck mould :wink:

Well, purportedly, one of the upcoming Creator Three-In-One sets (31097) is said to be coming with the same duck mold; so, that may likely suggest it won't be a rubber duck, but rather a real duck. :classic:

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, purportedly, one of the upcoming Creator Three-In-One sets (31097) is said to be coming with the same duck mold; so, that may likely suggest it won't be a rubber duck, but rather a real duck. :classic:

*huh* I didn't even think there was a chance creator 3 in 1 had any animal moulds except maybe a fish even-tough one has a pet-shop in it :wacko: would be a turn for the better animal wise for that theme if it is true :grin:

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

*huh*I didn't even think there was a chance creator 3 in 1 had any animal moulds except maybe a fish even-tough one has a pet-shop in it :wacko: would be a turn for the better animal wise for that theme if it is true :grin:

Exactly, as that's one particular aspect of the Three-In-One line that discourages @x105Black from it! :wink:

On 1/31/2019 at 7:44 PM, Roebuck said:

*huh* I didn't even think there was a chance creator 3 in 1 had any animal moulds except maybe a fish even-tough one has a pet-shop in it :wacko: would be a turn for the better animal wise for that theme if it is true :grin:

A welcome development for sure. Here’s hoping some of these new moulds become frequent set additions like fishes, crabs and the old ‘bird’.

A new duck mould does make the continuing lack of a standard pigeon and a sheep even more glaring though.

19 hours ago, williejm said:

A new duck mould does make the continuing lack of a standard pigeon and a sheep even more glaring though.

Yes, I will have a talk to the designers in September about that :tongue:

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

My guess would be Ninjago...

Have ninjago ever had a animal mould first except some snakes?!

1 hour ago, K_Tiger said:

Chinese competitors would do.

Could be, but I guess it is real..

Not much use to me except if it is from FB3 (not very likely).

Could be from some minidoll like elves, but looks to scary..

Something from a game like overwatch would be my first guess, but then some gamer should recognise it very soon..So I assume it is from a new theme :def_shrug:

Wolf is interesting, given how much use they made of the big cat mould - perhaps this will get a more realistic counterpart.

also just noticed a strange Lego ‘Disney’ leak on IG with what seems to be a goat mould ... could that be making a return too?

9 hours ago, williejm said:

also just noticed a strange Lego ‘Disney’ leak on IG with what seems to be a goat mould ... could that be making a return too? 

It is apparently just a picture taken from an ideas submission and not a leak from a upcoming Lego set :sceptic:

What looks like a rubber duck and a baby turtle has leaked. The turtle has a "minidoll hole in the head" so it is probably from friends, but I am worried that the duck is from "fun at the fair". A rubber duck is a nice piece to get do not get me wrong, but I much prefer a "normal alive" duck mould :hmpf:

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

In the new theme there is a new dog mold

Looks like a ghost dog, but hard to see with the small pictures :sceptic:

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Looks like a ghost dog, but hard to see with the small pictures :sceptic:

Better pics of the ghost dog on ig. I, for one, love it. 

Edited by Borex

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

The husky comes in a new color in one of the Jurassic sets :thumbup:

Hooray! Been hoping for avrecolour or two of that mould 

I see a new picture now that the biggest set have a couple of bats. The picture is too small, but something is different with them I think *huh* Maybe the picture is lying or it is a updated bat-mould on the way, what do you guys think?

18 minutes ago, williejm said:

Hooray! Been hoping for avrecolour or two of that mould 

It could definitely be used for several breeds with different colours that mould :sweet: