Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

They might be able to recolor an orca to pass as another whale, but it certainly won't pass as a beluga.

On the topic of sea life, really wish they'd do a hammerhead piece for the shark, big or small.

Edited by K_Tiger

6 hours ago, x105Black said:

I have not seen this black bear, but I'm sure it's fantastic.

Look on instagram. There you'll be able to find it. I think it looks fantastic. 

On 12/10/2017 at 2:52 AM, Falconfan1414 said:

With the rumored orca whale coming in summer 2018. What if they used that mold and made a different kind of artic whale too in a cheaper set, ie Beluga whale

Not sure an orca mould would have many / any other species uses...

I’ve been wondering if the Orca / new dolphin / penguin moulds hinted at some Seaworld type sets somewhere down the line. Whilst I want the animals, this would be a PR folly for Lego and I hope they aren’t.

6 hours ago, Borex said:

Look on instagram. There you'll be able to find it. I think it looks fantastic. 

Yeah, I never have any luck finding these things.

On 12/10/2017 at 3:20 AM, K_Tiger said:

On the topic of sea life, really wish they'd do a hammerhead piece for the shark, big or small.

Indeed. Seems odd that they haven't 

On 11/10/2017 at 5:12 PM, Roebuck said:

We can hope, but there is a big difference between the normal series and a licensed or movie one. From a normal series we can expect a couple of new moulds. Series 18 is not a completely normal one, but if we get e.g. a sheep costume that could come with a sheep mould as well..

I'm hoping the costume series's has more variety than just big animal / food costumes, and don't think that precludes animal accessories. For example a sheep could come with a figure of a kid in a nativity shepherd costume. 

Edited by williejm

25 minutes ago, williejm said:

I'm hoping the costume series's has more variety than just big animal / food costumes, and don't think that precludes animal accessories. For example a sheep could come with a figure of a kid in a nativity shepherd costume. 

It can't be a nativity shepherd because of the religious connotation, but a sheep could come with a Bo Peep costume, there's plenty on Google Image.

1 hour ago, notpennysboat said:

It can't be a nativity shepherd because of the religious connotation, but a sheep could come with a Bo Peep costume, there's plenty on Google Image.

‘L’il Shepherd’ then ?

I have seen the black bear, and it is awesome.  I mean, it's just like the brown one, but black.  Gotta love it.  The mountain lion is wonderful as well.

2 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Haven't seen the mountain lion. I'm imagining that it's just the leopard sans spots?

Same colour, blue eyes, pink nose and face 'mask'

36 minutes ago, williejm said:

Same colour, blue eyes, pink nose and face 'mask'

Ooh, that looks nice. B&P for sure.

See the new puma mould here:

The bear that looked reddishbrown in the prelim turned out to be black, but at least we got one new bear colour :classic:

The preliminaries had two distinct bears; black in the largest mining set and a brown in the police helo set.

Edited by K_Tiger

2 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

The preliminaries had two distinct bears; black in the largest mining set and a brown in the police helo set.

I have only seen the police set prelim and that turned out to have a black bear..

On the other hand the jungle set prelims had the black leopard in the big set and the normal one in the small set, they where swamped in the real sets! Lets hope that happens now also :tongue:

On 11/6/2017 at 6:02 PM, Lego-fire said:

Lioness

and the parrot will be blue

We already got a blue (and yellow) parrot in assembly square :wink:

A lioness is only a matter of time before we get i am sure, and probably a new head mould for a male lion as well..

Animal news:

-It looks like we will get the skunk in a normal set for the first time (60176).

-Star wars set 75204 have the old snake, but it could be in a new color if it is not light bluish gray.

-a new nexo knight set has some sort of critter shooter (but as far as I can see looks more like robots than live critters) and a polka dot pig *huh*

18 hours ago, Roebuck said:

-a new nexo knight set has some sort of critter shooter (but as far as I can see looks more like robots than live critters) and a polka dot pig *huh*

I think that's just Hamletta in wrap paper. I guess t's just a joke

Not a new mould or colour  - but in a surprising turn it appears that the new city dolphin will appear as an accessory in the second series of Lego Batman Movie CMFs, if leaked photo of the series leaflet is anything to go by.

That will be a pretty desirable CMF! And the first time any lego dolphin has been so easily accessible, as well as (I’m guessing) the biggest part ever to be included as a CMF accessory. 

5 hours ago, williejm said:

Not a new mould or colour  - but in a surprising turn it appears that the new city dolphin will appear as an accessory in the second series of Lego Batman Movie CMFs, if leaked photo of the series leaflet is anything to go by.

That will be a pretty desirable CMF! And the first time any lego dolphin has been so easily accessible, as well as (I’m guessing) the biggest part ever to be included as a CMF accessory. 

Thanks for the info :classic:

Interesting that they are pushing the line when it comes to the size of an animal mould included in a CMF!

I have very low expectations to licensed CMF series, so nice this one had a animal at least...

I'd like to see a woolly mammoth, the same size as the Orient Expedition elephants from 14 years ago. However, I imagine the chances of that happening are zero to none. 

Also, maybe there could be a reimagined Fawkes the phoenix and a new basilisk for the Harry potter sets that are rumored for next year. 

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Thanks for the info :classic:

Interesting that they are pushing the line when it comes to the size of an animal mould included in a CMF!

I have very low expectations to licensed CMF series, so nice this one had a animal at least...

That’s a bit ungrateful considering the lobster ;)